• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• Jared

• DanielCoffey

• Fabienne

How would you compare this to Verde Muschiato?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/220969-stipula-calamo-moss-green/

Thanks,

gary

I would say that Salamander is not as 'bright' as the Moss Green. I plan to do some comparison scans shortly - first, I have some pictures to frame for the forthcoming town Arts Festival Exhibition in a couple of weeks!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

What a gorgeous colour, very reminiscent of Noodler's Burma Road Brown and with sheen you say! Thank you for a lovely review and for a charming name! Can't wait to try it.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

It would be interesting to see how this ink and Stipula's Musk Green would compare. They appear quite similar.

Oops, it appears that Stipula has about three names for this ink color and the connection has already been mentioned.

Edited by linearM

Great review - Thanks a lot. I´m getting that, along with an extra bottle of sepia.

Hi there... I make it already up to 8 or 9 possible resemblances mentioned here. You might want to toss in their Umber, Emerald, and Green/Black. Since you are an Associate Member of their board, maybe you can make an extensive list of scan comparisons of those dozen or so inks... ?

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Interesting!!!

i just can't decide if I like it enough to use regularly or not.... :P

Might have to get me a sample of this....

On a never ending quest for the 'perfect' pen, ink, paper combo... Then again where would the fun be in finding perfection!!

Fabulous! It shall be MINE!!!! (insert evil laugh).

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Nice ink, thanks for the scans! Does look like a cross between Vert Empire and Verde Muschiato... I have both but when they run out... Dum dum duuuum...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

... I must ask, who is GeoDuc?

Who is geoduc?! Why, he is one of our esteemed members, a gentleman in the best sense of the word, and the author of one of the best green ink comparisons I've ever seen. Look here. If this new Diamine Salamander ink had been out when geoduc did his comparison review I'm sure it would have been included.

Good job with your review, scans, and commentary. This looks like a very interesting ink.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Who is geoduc?! Why, he is one of our esteemed members, a gentleman in the best sense of the word, and the author of one of the best green ink comparisons I've ever seen. Look here. If this new Diamine Salamander ink had been out when geoduc did his comparison review I'm sure it would have been included.

Good job with your review, scans, and commentary. This looks like a very interesting ink.

Oh yes, I remember his wonderful comparison posts and commented most approvingly at the time. It's been 'bookmarked' ever since.

And thanks for you comments too.

The Good Captain

*gets in line to buy a bottle*

As others have noted, this is reminiscent of Noodler's V-Mail Burma Road Brown, and I love that ink for its complexity of color. This, too, will be a favorite green gray brown ink.

When Verde muschiato is too brown, Sourakouen too green, El Lawrence too assertive and Rikyu-cha too flirtatious, this will be the perfect ink to fill the gap - thanks, Good Captain!

This stuff looks fantastic.

I tried and failed to get some Noodler's Zhivago so I bought Diamine Evergreen and Graphite instead. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick question - when will this be released, and I'm assuming we can get it straight from Diamine?

As far as I know, it will not be long in being on 'general' release. By that I mean, and assume, available from usual Diamine retail outlets, shops, online retailers etc and that would include Diamine as well. I am not a Diamine employee so just have to guess a bit; read between the lines and so on, based on the comments that were made to me in the process of testing and naming of this ink.

However, I'd have to say that if it's not going on release, then Diamine have gone to a lot of expense to send me a boxed and labelled, in the usual fashion, 80ml bottle of Diamine Salamander.

Don't you think?

The Good Captain

Lovely shade of green.

Could be my MB racing green replacement...

Things have been a bit busy for me recent;y but I will post comparisons of Salamander and the other Diamine greens I have, as soon as I can. Including their Racing Green. Along with Noodler's Sequoia and Zhivago - the only non-Diamine inks I've got that are relevant.

The Good Captain

We've asked our local distributor to stock it as soon as it comes out... he was surprised that we even heard of it ahead of him :D There's already people in line wanting to buy some!

"Luxe, calme et volupte"