Help Identitfying This Model

ElColt

Hi guys,

I would be very grateful if someone could help me identify the model of this fountain pen that I received back in 1981.

"Waterman" and underneath that "Made in France" are engraved on the lid.

Many thanks,

ElColt

post-105299-0-22659900-1373549156_thumb.jpg

post-105299-0-81350800-1373549162_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dboulonnais

• RMN

• Ben19

• trinih

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an old warranty/instruction booklet that has simple drawings of pens that I refer to. This shape with a ball tip clip would seem to be a Goutte.

This shape with a squared end, as you have, appears to be a Flair or Super Flair. I believe this precedes the Graduate line. If so, and if they are designated similarly, the stainless or chrome version would be the Flair, and a lacquered version the Super Flair (like Grad and Pro Grad).

I'm probably way off. I hope someone who knows about these things writes in.

Craig

It's a "forme Ronde", Waterman Goutte had a a Goutte on the clip

Hi Damien, you puzzled me there for a moment... but I have a couple of Watermans Goutte pens so I guessed your meaning... a quick search translates 'goutte' as 'droplet' (of rain, etc.) to confirm my guess that you are referring to the shape of the end of the clip.

I had no idea that was where the pen got its name from, especially because pens seem so rarely named for a particular attribute of the design... only C/F & Vacumatic come to mind... perhaps the Ellipse too.

Thanks for the interesting detail.

Glenn.

Hi Glenn

Nice to read you !

Yes, Goutte is in the Forme Ronde (rounded shape if I try to translate) familly

The best is to look on André Mora website http://morastylos.com/stylos/collections/de-1910-a-1990/waterman/plume.html just scoll a little anbd you can find Forme Ronde with 2 Pierre Dure (1 gold plated with red stone ; 1 silver sterling with blue stone - I have it too)

Here are my 3 Goutte (1 silver sterling with silver sterling drop on the clip, 1 slim silver sterling called "precious slim" with blue stone as drop on the clip and 1 silver plated with red stone as drop on the clip) The slim is lightly smaller with 135mm length cap closed

http://www.dboulonnais.net/DSCN7823.JPG

Best

Damien

Edited by dboulonnais

• 2 years later...

Hi ElColt,

I just saw your question.

I have some more information for you, if you're still interestedWaterman Master.pdf. Your fountain pen is an intermediate Master, between a Waterman Cotele and Master (first series). It has much resemblance with a Waterman Goutte. All made between 1970 and 1980. I have all the models in my collection. See also the attached pdf sheet.

Regards

Ben van Halle

Lisserbroek, the Netherlands

www.studio29penbox.nl

• 3 years later...

I think it can be a Waterman Commando of the second consignment of the 80's or, better,

a Waterman Charleston : https://www.artcurial.com/en/lot-charleston-1876-101

The link to that picture leads to an old auction with several pens, where the word Charleston is attached to that lot. However, no Charleston fountain pen is shown in that picture.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~