Greetings From Western Australia

Adrianchalice

Hey All! Adrian here, From a small city/large town in Western Australia, newly bitten by the fountain pen bug. Have always liked nice pens, but considered fountain pens to be too much of a hassle, until I got bored and dissatisfied with ballpoints and got myself a Kaweco Sport, shortly followed by a Lamy Al-star in black. currently using the standard black ink in the Kaweco and the lamy is still loaded with lamy blue ink, which is nice enough. Am interested in chatting to all members, but in particular learning where Australian members source pens and inks, as I seem to be having problems in that regard.

Other info: work at a service station part time (but I do take that reasonably seriously), study environmental monitoring at the local TAFE (might be roughly the equivalent of community collage in America? ), I read a lot of science fiction and a lot of other things, cant think of anything else at the moment, feel free to ask me silly questions!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adrianchalice

• MisterBoll

• RMN

• Sasha Royale

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome Adrian. Lots of good info and people here.

Big fan of Aussie bands here - Died Pretty, Steve Kilbey, Blackeyed Susans, David Bridie, Stephen Cummings, The Jackson Code, Tex, Don, & Charlie, to name a few.

Welcome, Arian !

It is not so much trouble. You will enjoy writing more. Your handwriting will improve.

You will feel free to be more expressive.

First "silly question" : What color are your fingers today ?

Wishing you joy, and a little madness.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hey Adrian, welcome to FPN

Enjoy your stay

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Welcome Adrian. Lots of good info and people here.

Big fan of Aussie bands here - Died Pretty, Steve Kilbey, Blackeyed Susans, David Bridie, Stephen Cummings, The Jackson Code, Tex, Don, & Charlie, to name a few.

Cool, sounds like you would like Something For Kate, and maybe The DIrty Three, which is where Warren Ellis from the Blackeyed Susans ended up (as well as working with Sir Nick Cave). Nice to meet you :)

Welcome, Arian !

It is not so much trouble. You will enjoy writing more. Your handwriting will improve.

You will feel free to be more expressive.

First "silly question" : What color are your fingers today ?

Wishing you joy, and a little madness.

Hi Sasha, my fingers are currently clean due to having a hospital appointment today and not having time to play around with pens :( But I did just get Private Reserve Ultra Black delivered to me, which I might be playing with once the ink in one of my two pens runs out, I have a converter for the Lamy but just carts for the Kaweco, which is the one I mostly want to put the Ultra black into as it is my basic jotter pen. I have already noticed I am slowing down with writing, being more aware of the quality of my writing.

Hello Adrian. Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Hello Adrian. Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

Thanks!

Hi Adrian. :W2FPN: from Melbourne!

There are lots of threads about buying online if you don't have a lot of options with local suppliers of ink and pens.

( wow - Died Pretty - that takes me back..!)

Hi Adrian. :W2FPN: from Melbourne!

There are lots of threads about buying online if you don't have a lot of options with local suppliers of ink and pens.

( wow - Died Pretty - that takes me back..!)

Hey there, yes the local supply of fountain pen is a few overpriced Lamys at a big name stationary store :blush: Ill have to go looking for those posts, I thought I already looked but will try again. Maybe after some sleep...Thanks!

Cool, sounds like you would like Something For Kate, and maybe The DIrty Three, which is where Warren Ellis from the Blackeyed Susans ended up (as well as working with Sir Nick Cave). Nice to meet you :)

I know the D3. Thanks for the recommend on 'Something For Kate' - they sound a bit like the Mutton Birds.

• 3 weeks later...