Deccan Pens Store In Hyderabad

hypro999

does anyone know what pens they sell at Deccan pens in Hyderabad, I went there once but only focused on some of the normal pens. Can I find a catalog or something, also, while here, write a review about the fountain pens they sell, good or bad, its up to you. Thanks.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• de_pen_dent

• soum

• hypro999

• hari317

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They carry a limited selection of their own brands (Deccan). I've seen Lamy, Omas, Sailor, etc. at their main store.

I really dig the Deccans - really nice, handmade pens.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

There are many reviews of Deccan pens on this forum. Just search the forum for the same.

There is no catalog as such but you can find some of their popular models listed in Fountain pen revolution website. You can find the reviews of the models on FPN.

The Deccan Pens Facebook page has a group photo of their pens. Perhaps that could give you an idea in the absence of a catalog?

The Deccan Pens Facebook page has a group photo of their pens. Perhaps that could give you an idea in the absence of a catalog?

I have already tried that, but do they have any good fountain pens around 3000 rs?

I have already tried that, but do they have any good fountain pens around 3000 rs?

Your profile shows that you are from hyd. The best option would be to visit their store and check out their range of pens. You might like something from their readily available collection.

If you want an eyedropper pen, the Deccan Ambassador and the Author/Aurelius are fantastic pens.

The Masterpiece is a little too big to be a regular writer, but has the advantage that it comes with an aerometric filler, if ED is not your bag.

If you want an eyedropper pen, the Deccan Ambassador and the Author/Aurelius are fantastic pens.

The Masterpiece is a little too big to be a regular writer, but has the advantage that it comes with an aerometric filler, if ED is not your bag.

Can you get images of these pens? Can you explain a bit more about the Masterpeice and it's aerometric fliter and the "if ED is not your bag." part?

Can you get images of these pens? Can you explain a bit more about the Masterpeice and it's aerometric fliter and the "if ED is not your bag." part?

Here's a quick iPad click of the Masterpiece next to a Safari to give you an idea of its size:

post-96412-0-24386100-1372521495_thumb.jpg

Many don't prefer eyedropper pens for fear of ink burping. This Masterpiece has a squeeze filler, so none of the eyedropper problems.

post-96412-0-55905000-1372521599_thumb.jpg

Soum has already explained the second bit - ED pens tend to burp. I've not had as many issues with burping with the Ambassador and the Aurelius, but the Masterpiece definitely burps out in.

Do note that not all Masterpieces come with the squeeze-filler. I have 2 matt black ones which are ED, and one white one which is squeeze-filler. The Ambassador and Aurelius are ED-only. I had suggested to the guy working there that they consider making these with a squeeze filler as well, but his reply was that their feeds were good enough that the pen wouldnt burp ink. Well those 2 havent yet, but I still dont feel comfy traveling with an ED pen, so they are restricted to my desk.

I'll post photos of my Deccan collection tomorrow.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

^^ Thanks for that, Hari - I didnt know that. I have the ED version only - when I asked the guy behind the counter about a squeeze-filler, he said they didnt plan to do any. Guess they've stopped that version now?

^^ Thanks for that, Hari - I didnt know that. I have the ED version only - when I asked the guy behind the counter about a squeeze-filler, he said they didnt plan to do any. Guess they've stopped that version now?

The last I visited them was more than 6 months back. they had around a dozen Aurelius squeeze pens in stock and only two ED Aurelius(I had ordered the couple on my previous visit). One of which I asked to be modified to pelikan nib system. My impression was that the squeeze was the stock config, that may have changed given the kind of publicity their pens get now. This was at the abids branch however. I understand you visited their ameerpet branch?

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hmm, I dont know which one I visited, to be honest. It is the store that is a few steps down from the sidewalk, near the flyover next to the Central mall.

Good to know that the Aurelius with squeeze filler is still available - will call and pester them to send me a couple. :)

That's the Ameerpet store. I guess I'll order the Aurelius with squeeze filler as well.

On a different note, the nibs on my Advocate and Ambassador are less than great. The one on the Masterpiece writes like a dream though. The Ambassador has a wide gap between the tines and he Advocate has uneven tipping material and so, writes scratchily. Do you suggest that I send the sections/pens back to hem? Or wait till I visit Hyderabad myself and get them fixed then? Or are there any other nibs that I could get locally as replacements?

Edited by soum

i have the advocate nibs available. The nibs are very good, maybe yours just needs some tweaking. show the pen to mr. Murthy perhaps? I also have some sheaffer nibs that can be slightly tweaked to fit the ambassador very well. Enricof has one such pen, maybe he will show.

I share your opinion about the stock ambassador nib, only one out of 20 nibs seems to be good. de-pen-dent seems to have got a good pen.

Here's a quick iPad click of the Masterpiece next to a Safari to give you an idea of its size:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Many don't prefer eyedropper pens for fear of ink burping. This Masterpiece has a squeeze filler, so none of the eyedropper problems.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

yeah, inkburping is a true problam, a solid, smooth and consistant line is the best. A the masterpeice seems fairly bulky, (Thanks for the comparison). So let me get this stright, the masterpeice doesn't have the ink burping problams? What material is it any ways and can you get me a photo of it's writing?

I also have some sheaffer nibs that can be slightly tweaked to fit the ambassador very well. Enricof has one such pen, maybe he will show.

This could be awesome if I manage it. Id love a Sheaffer nib in that pen. Could you please help me with some more details?

yeah, inkburping is a true problam, a solid, smooth and consistant line is the best. A the masterpeice seems fairly bulky, (Thanks for the comparison). So let me get this stright, the masterpeice doesn't have the ink burping problams? What material is it any ways and can you get me a photo of it's writing?

With the squeeze filler, the ink burp due to the air in the pen barrel warming up doesn't happen.

Not sure about the material, perhaps an acrylic. It's rather sturdy.

I can post a writing sample tomorrow but I'm not sure if it'll help achieve anything but judge my handwriting. It does lay a smooth, consistent, wet line. My pen is currently inked with Bril Royal Blue.