Where Can I Find A Replacement Nib For My Laureat?

jws437

Hello everyone I have just registered this site hoping that I could have my problem solved,hopefully.

I have a laureat fountain pen(I think it is newer version) that has a broken nib.

Because it was a gift from my father, I have been trying to finda replacement nib but so far no good.

Is there any site or person who sells them?

I do not have much money so I just want the nibs .

If you guys know any sites or if you are willing to sell me one

please reply so that we can talk about it.

Sorry if my english sounds strange( i am a foreigner)

and thank you in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jws437

• RMN

• Left FPN

• esteroids

Hi and :W2FPN:

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I have just checked one of the common sellers for items like this (an Ebay shop called: "Penseller from France") who normally has loads of nibs/sections for sale, but alas his shop does not list the Laureat any more.

You could try to send him a personal message, though, as the shopowner is a member here going by the name Lewertowski. Perhaps he still has a small stash, or knows where to get them.

Otherwise you'll just have to google about for them I'm afraid, see if someone sells a defective Laureat for parts somewhere.

Good luck

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Thank you very much for your information.

I will try to keep in touch with him.

If there are any more suggestions please share.

If it's a later Laureat it shares the nib and feed with the Graduate/Allure/Apostrohe siblings, non-hooded Reflex, JIF and Expert II. You can usually get one of these pens in GP or SS. JIF Metal and some Reflex come in GP and sell for much less than a Laureat section.

Check this.

Hello everyone I have just registered this site hoping that I could have my problem solved,hopefully.

I have a laureat fountain pen(I think it is newer version) that has a broken nib.

Because it was a gift from my father, I have been trying to finda replacement nib but so far no good.

Is there any site or person who sells them?

I do not have much money so I just want the nibs .

If you guys know any sites or if you are willing to sell me one

please reply so that we can talk about it.

Sorry if my english sounds strange( i am a foreigner)

and thank you in advance.

Edited by Force

If it's a later Laureat it shares the nib and feed with the Graduate/Allure/Apostrohe siblings, non-hooded Reflex, JIF and Expert II. You can usually get one of these pens in GP or SS. JIF Metal and some Reflex come in GP and sell for much less than a Laureat section.

Check this.

Thank you for your advice but I dont get what you mean by GP Ss and JIF. Would you clarify those,plz?

Gold plate and stainless steel.

JIF is a former companyname for Waterman

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Thanks everyone.

so it seems that there are some nibs that is compatible.

Now I have to get one of them but I wonder

1. which is the cheapest nib i can get?

2. which nib writes better?

i heard laureat has a very nice nib

so if i am to replace it I want the nib to be as good as the original.

so far i have looked for harmonie and expert nibs which i can get for 40, 45$

i want to know if there are better suggestions or cheaper price.

Thanks You.

Even the cheapest Waterman nibs are very good one.

The main difference between the two generations of Lauréats is the clip's shape at the top. The first generation Lauréat has a square shape, while the second generation has a round shape at the top of the clip.

This would be the first generation's nib and section :

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aQ69G8Wh9To/S_AaY8rjfFI/AAAAAAAAAKw/LqGcGjVVNVc/s1600/IMG_1687_cr.jpg

Then, whether you need a gold plated nib or a steel one depends on the other metallic colours on your pen. The first generation Lauréat had gold trims only, to my knowledge.

If yours is a second generation, some other poster said that the Graduate's nib should be compatible.

http://penseller.fr/SAUVEGARDE_JML/PHOTOS_MARKETPLACE/WATERMAN/GRADUATE%20-%20Copie%20(2)/GRADUATE_PLUME_CHROME_CT.jpg

If the nib you need looks like this, you can get a complete Waterman Graduate for around 10€ + shipping, google it.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

I have several laureats and they are indeed terrific writers

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time