elysee

Heartiest congratulations. I get a silent feeling of happiness when someone has good fortune.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elysee

• Pen Nut

• Orfalaise

• daoud62

Well, it has been over three weeks now since the pen was sent and I still have not received it. I have checked with USPS Customer Service several times (domestic and international) to see if USPS has any information regarding the whereabouts of the pen but USPS has no information at all; the tracking number is not in the USPS system anywhere. The only place that the tracking number appears is on the Colissimo site and Colissimo only provides information for June 24th through June 26th: the Colissimo site states that the package entered the US on June 26th and provides no information after that.

I have communicated this informaiton to the seller (several times) and requested that Monica initiate a search via Colissimo but, to date, I have not received any information about any search being initiated; USPS has no information about any search being initiated via Colissimo. My requests for initiating a search for the pen have been met with comments that the pen will arrive soon (this has not happened) or silence (my last two requests).

I have called the customer service numbers for UPS and FedEx to inquire about the tracking number as well since I have had two international packages transferred to these companies (one each) in the past. However, neither company has any record of the tracking number.

I am troubled that the Colissimo sender receipt (that I requested and received in pdf format from Monica) has a different name than that listed on PayPal and the display-name on an email that I received.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Enter the Paypal dispute NOW for undeceived goods. If it comes, good. If not, you are protected.

Also, it is surprising how many things finally turn up after you have given up hope.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I did file the not-received status with eBay via the Resolution Center last week. Today is the first day on which I can escalate the dispute level. I figured that I would wait a day or two before doing that.

in all my international purchases, this is the ONLY purchase for which the item has not been trackable on the USPS site from the first or second day after being sent by the seller. In addition, this is the ONLY purchase for which I have had to wait more than seven to ten days (regular days, not business days) to receive the item; most purchases have arrived within a week.

It's about the longest time I saw sending something to the US. You should have received it now, and normally you should see the tracking with colissimo. I don't understand why you can't have it.

If you want to, PM me your tracking number, I will contact a friend who works for " La Poste" and check what's going on. Will see him on Friday.

Don't worry for the shipper's name, with Monica it is sometimes an Italian man name or a company name.

Something else, with Monica, if you have any kind of trouble, she'll give you a complete refund. She really wants to keep her 100% positive feedback.

Try to PM me your tracking number, I will do my best for you. But don't worry, the worst case will be a refund by Monica even if I understand it's bothering and you'd rather have your pen.

It's about the longest time I saw sending something to the US. You should have received it now, and normally you should see the tracking with colissimo. I don't understand why you can't have it.

If you want to, PM me your tracking number, I will contact a friend who works for " La Poste" and check what's going on. Will see him on Friday.

Don't worry for the shipper's name, with Monica it is sometimes an Italian man name or a company name.

Something else, with Monica, if you have any kind of trouble, she'll give you a complete refund. She really wants to keep her 100% positive feedback.

Try to PM me your tracking number, I will do my best for you. But don't worry, the worst case will be a refund by Monica even if I understand it's bothering and you'd rather have your pen.

A very generous offer. Nice to see members helping out ;)

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I appreciate your offer especially since the package still has not arrived.

What can your friend do in regard to checking the status of the package? Can your friend determine the actual location of the package? I ask since I checked again with the USPS today and I was told that the package has not even come through customs as it would have been "checked in"; she checked their system which provides customs information and she said that I should be concerned as this is far longer than it should take for the package to arrive.

Edited by elysee

Well, I still have not received the pen and I have no information about its whereabouts. If the pen does not arrive on Monday, I will escalate the status to a full dispute. Four weeks, as of Monday, is far too long for delivery and I have never had to wait for delivery of any international purchase even close to half that long!

Well I sold some vintage motorcycle magazines along with some Indian & Crocker related items which were in five seperate boxes and shipping form the UK took between four and seven weeks !! and all five were sent on the same day.... My other sales have taken way less than this so dont really know what the heck goes on sometimes

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

This is so upsetting when it finally happens, personally. I have had this experience as a buyer, and, more recently, as a seller/shipper.

The last event with Customs, left me considering never selling or shipping again. It was so expensive to ship and Customs held the pen from the recipient for four weeks.

However, a very good sign here is that tracking worked via Colissimo, and you should be able to locate the entry Postal Facility. Your package is in transit.

Our Customs delays in Canada can be affected by seasonal holidays, and summer vacations are no exception.

All of my packages from Monica have arrived with no problem.

I'm fairly certain this will be resolved soon, and your beautiful pen will be in your hands.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been over five (5) weeks since the pen was supposed to have been shipped. The Colissimo site no longer displays any information as it has been over thirty (30) days. The USPS site still displays NO information at all about the tracking number, and USPS Customer Service still has NO information about the tracking number at all. Of course, I have checked my mail most every day, including today, but the pen HAS NOT ARRIVED.

So, I escalated the dispute with eBay today and requested a full refund. As you might imagine, I am GREATLY disappointed.

:(

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, elysee.

I'm sure it will work out one way or the other. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in my last post, I escalated the dispute. The seller gave me a full refund for the pen and the shipping.

While I am glad to get my money back, I am disturbed that the pen never arrived. I have had MANY international transactions, and every package has arrived in at most ten (10) days. In fact, I have NEVER had a package not arrive. In addition, for EVERY transaction except for this one, the package has been trackable from the day on which it was shipped until the day that the package arrived via all tracking sites involved. However, that is NOT the case for this transaction as the tracking number for this package was never trackable on the USPS tracking site and no information could be obtained on the Colissimo site after thirty (30) days..

To date, it has been OVER six (6) weeks (seven (7) weeks on this next Monday), and the tracking number is still NOT in the USPS system: no information can be obtained about this tracking number online or via USPS Customer Service. The package has not arrived -- I checked today as well.

On July 20th, Orfalaise, via his friend at LaPoste, provided information to which I already had access on the Colissimo site, and he said that the package could yet arrive, but he said that he had never had a Colissimo package take longer than three (3) weeks to arrive in the US; it is been more than double that amount of time now. Although I PM'ed Orfalaise twice after that to see if his friend at LaPost had any additional information about the location of the package, I have not heard from him.

IF the package EVER arrives, I will have it RETURNED to sender WITHOUT opening it or accepting it. At this point, I want NOTHING to do with the pen/package. I have found this to be very distasteful, and I figure that this purchase was not meant to be.

My THANKS to ALL OF YOU for your VERY KIND encouragements. I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!! : )

Edited by elysee

I wonder into which 'void' all this missing stuff actually ends up. Had four or five missing presumed lost packages over the years, both incoming and outgoing, three of these being international ones.

Tracking numbers only help to a small extent in my opinion. One standard reply which still gets to me is

"your package has arrived in the USA and awaits delivery" well thats it then ! I mean its at least narrowed it down to the country in question hasnt it !

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 2 weeks later...

As of Monday, August 19th, it has been eight (8) weeks since the pen was sent. I have not heard anything regarding the postal investigation. After all my other international purchases, all of which arrived and in no more than ten days, it would seem that Colissimo is not the best shipping method. Based on the Colissio site's not displaying tracking information after thirty (30) days, this is unusual even by Colissimo standards.

I wonder into which 'void' all this missing stuff actually ends up. Had four or five missing presumed lost packages over the years, both incoming and outgoing, three of these being international ones.

Tracking numbers only help to a small extent in my opinion. One standard reply which still gets to me is

"your package has arrived in the USA and awaits delivery" well thats it then ! I mean its at least narrowed it down to the country in question hasnt it !

Did your packages ever emerge from the "void"?

Edited by elysee

Well in some cases yes but with delays that were crazy. Suffered only a couple of missing presumed stolen packages in many years of posting so to be fair percentage wise I suppose its about right but hey it still hurts if it happens !

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Elysee, Did you ever receive your Colissimo package? I'm facing the same issue right now :(

No, I never did receive the package. In addition, I never received any information from the seller regarding a postal investigation; I never heard from Orfalaise either. To date, no information was ever available via USPS tracking; I still check from time to time just for the heck of it.

Did your package arrive?