GabrielleDuVent

Are we afraid of the topic? Puppet pr0n doesn't tickle my romantic fancy. Maybe I read the topic's Rules to literally. Maybe I'm too serious. Maybe I'm boring. I love love letters. Are they here?

I wrote one! Or three (one from a psychopath no less).

Well, I did warn you...

fpn_1372065348__yb_rc-fpn.jpg

And here I was, thinking Shakespeare was a romantic. Clearly not. But then again, he does go "thou art more lovely and more temperate", so perhaps he liked wet and cold and dark (although this sounds more like a soliloquy setting from Hamlet).

Edited by GabrielleDuVent

Tes rires retroussés comme à son bord la rose,

Effacent mon dépit de ta métamorphose;

Tu t'éveilles, alors le rêve est oublié.

-Jean Cocteau, from Plaint-Chant, 1923

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MisterBoll

• amberleadavis

• GabrielleDuVent

• The Good Captain

Pretty non romantic, no? No. But you should see my pr0n!

A prune isn't really a vegetable . . .

Cabbage is a vegetable . . .
[Lines 18 and 19 in Absolutely Free, 1967]

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Naughty, naughty, naughty!

There's a wonderful guitarist called Richard Thompson, and as he once sang "Don't tempt me!"

And have I got news for you.

I like Richard Thompson very much, have seen him in concert a few times, most recently last year (the first time... whoa, twenty years ago!). Wonderful musician, love his concerts.

Oops. Off on a tangent, as usual. The song that popped in my head first was "When the Spell Is Broken," the opposite of being in love, and then "1952 Vincent Black Lightning," which is very romantic in the tragic form.

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

You did, Gabrielle, forgive me, it's my lover that escapes me. Please, please, YB, tell me you are in the mail, speeding your way to the Paradise of my piston filler. I await, breathless, holding my Pelikan, thinking only of you.

</role>

Dr. Moronica: "Whaddya think, Doc?"

Psychiatrist: "You suffer from Antisocial Personality Disorder."

Dr. Moronica: "I want a second opinion!"

Psychiatrist: "OK, you're nuts."

<role>

I wrote one! Or three (one from a psychopath no less).

And here I was, thinking Shakespeare was a romantic. Clearly not. But then again, he does go "thou art more lovely and more temperate", so perhaps he liked wet and cold and dark (although this sounds more like a soliloquy setting from Hamlet).

I like Richard Thompson very much, have seen him in concert a few times, most recently last year (the first time... whoa, twenty years ago!). Wonderful musician, love his concerts.

Oops. Off on a tangent, as usual. The song that popped in my head first was "When the Spell Is Broken," the opposite of being in love, and then "1952 Vincent Black Lightning," which is very romantic in the tragic form.

Oh indeed. and 'Beeswing' from the same sort of time is another classic. So sad. There's a small little 'village' for want of a better description, called Beeswing, not very far from Dumfries in Scotland that is also a sad little place. But beautiful especially at the dead of night when the Martins were all clamouring in their nests in the eaves of an old house where we were staying.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

ROFL

And in the South, it's HOT and STICKY.

I reckon I should come down and give it a try, then.

The Good Captain

Are we afraid of the topic? Puppet pr0n doesn't tickle my romantic fancy. Maybe I read the topic's Rules to literally. Maybe I'm too serious. Maybe I'm boring. I love love letters. Are they here?

Yes, they are here ... and yes, we are off topic. Though I don't think Puppet pr0n and romance are mutually exclusive. Oh, and I was supposed to read the directions? No wonder I'm confused.

I'll try and add something more romantic. (Just remember I'm from Vegas. I'm confused by SHINY).

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Please, please, YB, tell me you are in the mail, speeding your way to the Paradise of my piston filler. I await, breathless, holding my Pelikan, thinking only of you.

HD - you inspired me.

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/2013-06-24_YBRC.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh indeed. and 'Beeswing' from the same sort of time is another classic. So sad. There's a small little 'village' for want of a better description, called Beeswing, not very far from Dumfries in Scotland that is also a sad little place. But beautiful especially at the dead of night when the Martins were all clamouring in their nests in the eaves of an old house where we were staying.

Ah, a shot of 1994 for me...

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Ah, a shot of 1994 for me...

Exactly! Wonderful stuff. There was a live TV show not long back, marking the closure of one of the BBC studios in London and Richard with a couple of chaps, plus his daughter in support, did and excellent gig. Really good stuff. I think I recorded it on DVD...

The Good Captain

Yes, they are here ... and yes, we are off topic. Though I don't think Puppet pr0n and romance are mutually exclusive. Oh, and I was supposed to read the directions? No wonder I'm confused.

I'll try and add something more romantic. (Just remember I'm from Vegas. I'm confused by SHINY).

As much as I love me a nice dose of puppet pr0n once in a while (actually, I do not), somebody please tell me that wasn't on a children's channel...

In order that all may receive the pleasurable sensations of writing with the one and only true Yama Budo - the big corporate empire that is Amazon has it for only $19.99. A Princely sum yes, but affordable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MVKFRW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p229_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1G71YK9FKFPYA5J974V3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

In order that all may receive the pleasurable sensations of writing with the one and only true Yama Budo - the big corporate empire that is Amazon has it for only $19.99. A Princely sum yes, but affordable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MVKFRW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p229_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1G71YK9FKFPYA5J974V3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Oh, my heart~ <3

And here I was thinking YB was too expensive for my tastes, even for the sake of a pure romance.

Going to order now! (And maybe others, while I'm at it...thanks!)

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

I need Pilot to pay me money for advertising their merchandise.

P.S. MisterBoll, I love you for finding it on Amazon. It's slightly more affordable now!

P.S. MisterBoll, I love you for finding it on Amazon. It's slightly more affordable now!

I cannot take the credit for this one. It was some eagle-eyed poster on FPG that alerted me to the fact.

I just shared on here. Besides, you can never have enough ink.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w614/GabrielleduVent/IMG_20130625_0001_zps65f593b2.jpg

Something my character might write.

Noodler's Shah Rose

Oooph, thank you for the Amazon find.

Bought yamabudo and kosumosu. Now I can properly participate in this merry-making.