GabrielleDuVent

In the celebration of the long-running success of the thread, "Can a Man Use Yama Budo?", and partly because the words tutuguan and beungalings sound rather exotic and fancy (terminology courtesy of user GClef), there has been a talk of establishing YB Romantic Club. I am therefore starting this thread in an attempt to start the club and to celebrate the marvel of English language, love, and general silliness.

Q: What does the club stand for?
A: The name stands for Yama Budo Romantic Club.

Q: What does the club do?
A: The purpose is to write love letters in the hue of Yama Budo, released by Pilot as part of the Iroshizuku series. The addressee will be imaginary to save both parties from humiliation.

Q: I don't have the ink! What do I do?
A: You have two options. One is to use a similar colour and list the ink name. The other is to write a love letter but not as a tutuguan; meaning, you'd type it out on here, then use a font colour that you deem closest to the actual ink.

Q: Do I get prizes and rewards? How about member subscription benefits?
A: You will get the honour of having proficiency writing love letters. There are also imaginary keychains, iPhone cases, and T- shirts available (courtesy of user MisterBoll).

Q: Can't it be just regular letters?
A: Well, the entire purpose is to write as clingy and romantic and over-dramatic as possible, since not many of us have the chance to actually write like that in our daily lives and have them appreciated properly. If your letter can make Victorian ladies swoon, then you are an elite member of this club. (Yes, regular letters are allowed. :) )

Q: One of your letters was romantic, I want to use it to woo a lady/gentleman! May I?
A: Please contact the writer of the particular letter directly for further inquiries.

Q: Can the addressee be anyone?
A: Anyone in the world, alive or dead, existent or imaginary. We do suggest, however, refraining from writing to such lovable characters as Mr Bean, unless you are a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer happily wedded to Rowan Atkinson.

Q: This is a silly idea.
A: That wasn't a question, but in response to your statement, "never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness". We oftentimes find the green valleys a rather pleasant place to stay for a while.

Q: My handwriting isn't suited for love letters!

A: We are certain the recipient of the letter won't mind.

Q: Can I be an officer?

A: Of course. Just make up a position title and let us know.

Q: Can I copy out one of the famous love letters and upload it here?

A: Of course. Just make sure to credit the original writer of the epistle.

These are the rules/Q&A for now. This post will be edited and updated as see fit.

post-103131-0-16633400-1371874274.jpg

Edited by GabrielleDuVent

Tes rires retroussés comme à son bord la rose,

Effacent mon dépit de ta métamorphose;

Tu t'éveilles, alors le rêve est oublié.

-Jean Cocteau, from Plaint-Chant, 1923

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MisterBoll

• amberleadavis

• GabrielleDuVent

• The Good Captain

All-right, since I started this thread, I'll be the first victim.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w614/GabrielleduVent/IMG_20130623_0001_zps23316870.jpg

Written in: J herbin Rose Cyclamen.

Apparently Lilian's "engagement ring" is a circular band of metal attached to a big hunk of rock in the garden, that is about the size of a chair. I'm pretty sure Liz was dismayed for other reasons than what Lilian assumes.

What are beungalings and tutuguan?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

What are beungalings and tutuguan?

How do you not know this, Amber?! After all of GClef's attempts to rule the world with it!

So, the best love letters I can give ... are gifts of my time and my ink. So, in the most romantic of gifts, I give you comparison of some inks.

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/2013-06-23_Pink_Ink-600.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

And thank you for the definitions. I'm glad you and GClef are both fans of the Brain.

Brain: The irony of it all, Pinky. Years of trying to take over the world, and all I had to do was say "moo".

Awww, that was sweet. I feel honoured and loved. :D

I shall be interested to see how this goes and I think I'll write something myself. Hopefully the colour will be acceptable to other Club members.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I shall be interested to see how this goes and I think I'll write something myself. Hopefully the colour will be acceptable to other Club members.

Yes, write it in black but dot all the "i's with YB.

OK OK, I have tortured you enough today, poor Good Captain.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Yes, write it in black but dot all the "i's with YB.

OK OK, I have tortured you enough today, poor Good Captain.

Naughty, naughty, naughty!

There's a wonderful guitarist called Richard Thompson, and as he once sang "Don't tempt me!"

And have I got news for you.

The Good Captain

But will the dots above the "i"s be little hearts?

But will the dots above the "i"s be little hearts?

Now I'm starting to get really worried...

The Good Captain

MisterBoll mentioned having letter categories, which were quite amusing.

There could be themes - A Lover Spurned, Seduced and Abandoned, The Most Wonderful Day Ever, If You Can't Live Without Me Then Why Aren't You Dead Yet, etc.

I'd love to see The Good Captain write a simpering love letter with all his i's dotted with hearts. It would brighten many people's day, I'd presume.

There's a wonderful guitarist called Richard Thompson, and as he once sang "Don't tempt me!"

And have I got news for you.

The same Richard Thompson who wrote "Don't Renege On Our Love".

MisterBoll,

As I hope to inspire greater embellishment for those beautiful heart dotted "i"s, I am providing a few samples for your perusal.

First, the small heart.

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/Small_Heart0.png

The ever important phrase .. Thinking of you.

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/Thinking_of_You0.png

Wishing you were here with me. (Adding the "with me" gave me another chance to heart dot an "i").

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/Wishing_You_Here.png

The ever important part of love letters...."Missing you"

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/Missing_You0.png