muratavci

how much money do you want to spend for a good signature pen is the question? I sign mainly with f,m or b and sometimes with stubs or obliques

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muratavci

• RMN

• georges zaslavsky

• Sandy1

I think my signature looks much better with a stub nib, aside from the ink color you can tell its a fountain pen, a nice distinguishable characteristic.

@arts_nibs

Thanks for finally clarifying a signature pen to me.

It is to appear strong when you are not.

For fancy, I can see a medium to broad stub or a semi-flex or 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex in any width.

I do have semi-flex KM's that would do the big and bold trick and still be readable.

Philosophically, who would you rather work for a 'Big Bold Scrawl' or "fancy line variation' or simple clear M or ball point user?

Would a big bold scrawl chum the water for the knowledgeable predator? :ninja:

For legal, I use a M or F for a clear hard to counterfeit signature.I could and have used semi-flex for a slightly wetter line.

I can see using a vintage oblique with semi-flex or 'flexi' if I used that pen all the time for that.

That way I could tell at a glance, did I write it or not?

Thank you for your answer :thumbup:

how much money do you want to spend for a good signature pen is the question? I sign mainly with f,m or b and sometimes with stubs or obliques

about 500-1000 USD, but I think if I start with cheaper pens for having an idea about pens and nibs, it will be properly. and in this way I will try a lot of options and I believe that I can decide the best decision for fountain pen.

I think my signature looks much better with a stub nib, aside from the ink color you can tell its a fountain pen, a nice distinguishable characteristic.

Thank you for your answer. I haven't got a chance to try the nibs yet so I can't comment about your suggestion exactly :blush:

about 500-1000 USD, but I think if I start with cheaper pens for having an idea about pens and nibs, it will be properly. and in this way I will try a lot of options and I believe that I can decide the best decision for fountain pen.

That is a very wise decision.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Try also italian fountain pens like the stip eritruria, omas 360 and montegrappa extra 1930

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

It depends what size the signature has to be. If you're filling in a form and have to enter into a box then a ballpoint or a finer nib might be more suited.

I sign things so infrequently that this is one thing I do not need to worry about.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.