• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova42

• marcelo

• swanjun

• HDRoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's truly amazing about your story is that a pen has gone from being a hunk of 'precious resin' and some metal into something that is truly valuable: the touch of human kindness and compassion on all persons involved. That makes the item far more valuable than mere dollars.

Good fortune be with you. It sounds like the pen has gone to a good home.

"Spend all you want! We'll print more!" - B. S. (What's a Weimar?) Bernanke

That's a great story, Congrats.

You can go to the Mont Blanc forum for more info on the pen. The pen takes standard international cartridges only, the ones that came with it are probably dried out.

You put two carts in the tray you unscrew with the blind cap, the carts face opposite directions with the one farthest from the blind cap facing up the barrel (narrow end up the barrel). Screw the tray back in place and the cart will be forced onto the nozzle. It may take a bit for the ink to start flowing.

Enjoy

Fantastic story!

I wish you write with it in the best of health for many decades to come!

One more thing: you express yourself MUCH better than 99,9% of seventeen year old people, what is going to make your writing experience with such a fine instrument even more interesting. ;)

Great story!

I have always wanted to give some one I did not know well a gift that they would truly appreciate. Maybe some day I will be in a position to do so. My old boss use to anonymously pick up the tab at restaurants of anyone at another table who caught his fancy. I always thought that was so cool.

Enjoy the pen.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Aw, that's such a nice story! Call me sentimental, but I think something personal like a pen gets extra value when it's got a good story attached - something that can't be quantified in dollars and cents. Hope you have lots of good things to write with this pen!

Edited by Plume145

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

Take a photograph of the hairdresser. Write a brief narative. You will enjoy having

it in the years to come.

Beautiful pen and beautiful case ! Are those metal ink cartridges ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Thank you for sharig this, and I hope that you will enjoy your new pen!

Have you thought of buying some nice stationery and writing her a nice thank you letter with your new pen?

Another nice thing to do would be to use your pen to write to her on a regular basis. Based on her gift to you, she thinks highly of your family and highly of you. Including her in your family through letter writing would be a wonderful way in which to "pay forward" her wonderful gift to you: she would enjoy the letters and you would be able to share your pen with her through letter-writing.

This is the kind of gem that keeps me coming back to the FPN.

Thoughfulness and generosity astounds and inspires me. This wonderful lady knows the joy of giving.

Thank you, Nova42, your story is a kind contribution to the FPN Community.

And I very much liked the suggestion from Élysée.

Edited by karmakoda

That is very good to hear :thumbup: Welcome on fpn btw :W2FPN:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4b02b3e5739cbd321abf6b4be9357066/tumblr_mfx7f9cmec1qc04bco1_400.gif

What a generous gesture, and that pen is stunning. Congratulations to you, be sure to use it to write her a nice note ;)

Edited by Gump

Congratulations for everything.

I would write the story here:

http://mymeisterstueck.montblanc.com/new

Sorry if it is the Spanish page, but you surely will find the English one.

I would also send, or better yet, take her flowers with a thank you note, using a nice color ink, by MB, of course.

Blessings to all of you.

Gilberto

Gilberto Castañeda