Dogs And Cats And Pens... Oh My!

Luma

That is some tantalizing belly floof.

yep there sure is... tickle it though and you will know about it !

fpn_1432666499__screen_shot_2015-05-26_a

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• inkstainedruth

• DrDebG

• IrishEyes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just put a direct link in instead :) as just discovered the upload button

• 9 months later...

This little lady is Ady, a.k.a. Goofball, Our Lady Adypants or just 'Here!'. She joined our pack about eight months ago via my friend who posted on FB saying that she was looking for a forever home. How could I resist those ears and all? ;)

So yeah, she is a rescue (would not have it any other way), most likely a Corgi/German Shepherd mix between 6-9 years old. More pics of her (and of some pens too) can be found on my instagram.

She hardly ever barks, is ever so friendly and even though one can at times get a glimpse of her having being treated roughly at times (she does not like sticks of any kind) it has been a real pleasure to see her get more confident and brave by the day. I feel lucky for every day we get to have her in our family. :)

12194732_10153814207974063_5540113496546

12186651_10153814196914063_3372675873665

12182465_10153808619839063_5283904462424

12087696_10153777352444063_3675449582860

Naptime

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/OxGlxYNTQAOxjA/10461401.0/800/p/16_Taiko%2C_Punkin%2C_Andy_and_Bill.jpg

Taiko and Punkin on my lap and Andy being aloof, but close, as usual.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

This might be my favorite thread on the forums!

Introducing Ghost. A daddy's girl, really. My husband and four other guys spent several hours taking a truck apart to rescue her.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Boiseshan/IMG_20160131_084705.jpg

The sisters: flopsey in front and Growler in back. 100% tortitude.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Boiseshan/IMG_20160320_195207.jpg

And, Jones. My boy. I think we stole him from a neighbor -- he was surviving on the drippings from our BBQ so we brought him in, fed him, and he never stepped foot outside again.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Boiseshan/IMG_20140325_080852..jpg

None have chewed, but all have flung pens to the ground indiscriminately.

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Very interesting to see that most posters here have either cats or small to medium sized dogs, and not a single giant breed.

Very interesting to see that most posters here have either cats or small to medium sized dogs, and not a single giant breed.

Coming from Mastiff....?

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

• 2 weeks later...

We have lots of dogs, a couple of cats, some birds, my snakes, and fish, too. But my "heart dog" is Foxworthy Fuzz (the Sequel), aka "Fuzzyman".

1. Picture--Here he is the day he came home with us. Aged 4 months. My original Foxworthy Fuzz had been poisoned by the neighbor behind us on the day he moved out, and I was inconsolable (he also poisoned 3 other dogs--only one of which survived), so Z got me this little guy. I truly think he saved my life that day:

fpn_1459808856__2helpheal1a.jpg

Here's Fuzzyman at about 6 months old:

fpn_1459809173__2cute2a.jpg

And here he is, now, at age 3 years:

fpn_1459809322__fuzzonchair.jpg

2. Name--See above

3. Info--He holds my heart in his paws :-). He's a "backyard breeder special" Pomeranian, neutered (because he has bad luxating patella), spoiled rotten, naughty, fun, beautiful, and can do no wrong in "The Mama's" eyes. He loves me as much as I love him. He is also my Service Dog, and has saved my life at least once doing his job.

4. Fuzzyman's favorite pen :lticaptd:--If it fits in his mouth, it's his favorite! Although he hasn't "tried out" any of mine (I keep them out of reach), he has tried out a cheap one of Z's, and found it a bit too messy. He actually prefers USB cords, given his choice. They're MUCH less messy, and occasionally provide a tasty "zing!" if chewed on while plugged into the wall :-).

Edited by IrishEyes

"In the end, only kindness matters."

My original Foxworthy Fuzz had been poisoned by the neighbor behind us on the day he moved out, and I was inconsolable (he also poisoned 3 other dogs--only one of which survived).

There is a special place in hell for people like that... Did you pursue the issue?

There is a special place in hell for people like that... Did you pursue the issue?

I certainly hope there is. I developed PTSD because of it, and could never again live in our pretty little English Cottage on 1/4 acre in Portland. Instead, we moved into our vacation home (half the size), "Calypso", on the coast. To this day, I can't go anywhere near "Collie Capers". Heck, even now, talking about it 3 1/2 years later, I can't help but break into tears. And, yes, we pursued it, but he was from the Ukraine, and everyone looking for him suspects he returned to his homeland. He poisoned our dogs just as he moved out of the rental behind Collie Capers, and no one--not us, not detectives, not the police, not the post office, has been able to find him, even though his name is very unique. So, he has gone unpunished. Which is why I well and truly hope there IS a place in Hell waiting for him. He ruined my life in more ways than one, and I don't think I'll ever get over losing Foxworthy Fuzz (Pomeranian), Ben (Coydog), and Annie (his mom--a purebred Border Collie). By some miracle, the emergency vets were able to save Bitsy (purebred Border Collie), against all odds. He is our Miracle Dog, and we are grateful that he survived the Bromethaline poisoning that kills 98% of dogs who ingest it, and 100% of cats.

Here's the original Foxworthy Fuzz. I adopted him from a humane society out in the desert on a 104* day. We were never so happy for a/c in the car as we were, then, with the 3 hour drive home! Foxy was about 2 y/o at the time, and was found as a stray who was never claimed. I had him for only about 7 years. He was about 9 when he was poisoned. Way too soon for a toy breed to leave us :bawl: . And awful to watch--seizure after seizure after seizure. I think I could do actual physical damage to the man who killed him and our other 2 dogs, if I could only find the S.O.B.

fpn_1460008693__way2cutefoxy1a.jpg

Edited by IrishEyes

This little lady is Ady, a.k.a. Goofball, Our Lady Adypants or just 'Here!'. She joined our pack about eight months ago via my friend who posted on FB saying that she was looking for a forever home. How could I resist those ears and all? ;)

So yeah, she is a rescue (would not have it any other way), most likely a Corgi/German Shepherd mix between 6-9 years old. More pics of her (and of some pens too) can be found on my instagram.

She hardly ever barks, is ever so friendly and even though one can at times get a glimpse of her having being treated roughly at times (she does not like sticks of any kind) it has been a real pleasure to see her get more confident and brave by the day. I feel lucky for every day we get to have her in our family. :)

What a beautiful dog, and such a heartwarming story!

Edited by IrishEyes

Ginnie, my 4 year old Puggle (and my niece Sadie). Ginnie found a "friend" during a walk last summer. The friend did not like her that much.

Pen? Probably my new (to me) Mont Blanc 144R or the Pilot Metropolitan.

post-128669-0-30309800-1460655607_thumb.jpg

post-128669-0-65802500-1460655626.jpg

Pens: MB 163R, MB 164R, MB 165R, MB 144R, Pilot Metropolitan, Lamy AL-Star, Jinhao x450, Jinhao x750, and Cross Bailey (hey - $20 at OfficeMax, couldn't pass it up).

Cars: 2009 Subaru Forester, 1995 Porsche 911, 1973 Porsche 914

Cute Puggle--I love her underbite :) . GORGEOUS black snake! What kind is it? I hope you didn't kill it?!? I had a Black Milk Snake whom I absolutely adored. Her name was Ebony, appropriately enough :D . That pretty one reminds me of her.

What a cute puggle! I love her underbite :) . I have an ex-auntie who has one, and he's a hoot! And that's one GORGEOUS black snake :wub: . I hope you didn't' kill it!?! I see you're in Georgia--is it an Indigo? My dream snake, actually, although I had a Black Milk Snake (6' female) named Ebony, appropriately enough :D , whom I absolutely adored, and looked a lot like an Indigo, only with a different head shape and color (pure black, as opposed to some markings along the face that Indigos sometimes have). That snake reminds me of her :) . Now I need to go online and see if I can find me another big black snake! *grins*

I think it is just a common black (king?) snake. I am not a herpetologist, nor do I play one on TV. :D

And no, I did not kill it. I was told they are good rat-catchers and will help keep the rodent population down.

Pens: MB 163R, MB 164R, MB 165R, MB 144R, Pilot Metropolitan, Lamy AL-Star, Jinhao x450, Jinhao x750, and Cross Bailey (hey - $20 at OfficeMax, couldn't pass it up).

Cars: 2009 Subaru Forester, 1995 Porsche 911, 1973 Porsche 914

There are my two Cavaliers King Charles Spaniels.

The first shown here is Pirouette. We call her Peri for short. Her father was an International Grand Champion, but she is the Princess of our hearts. If she were a fountain pen writer, I have no doubt that she would prefer my red Delta Vintage with the 18K fusion nib. It is smaller fountain pen with amazing flow. And of course, for her, it would be filled DeAtramentis Pearl Violet.

My second, and youngest Cavalier is Voila!. We call her "Wall-e" for short. She is much more active and would have been a top agility performer like her uncle, but she decided to come and live with us. Wall-e knows what she likes in life, and she definitely prefers my Franklin Christoph Panther 40 with the 14K Masuyama medium italic nib. She would like the expressive nature of the pen, but with a definitive line. And, of course, it would be filled with her favorite color, Callifolio Bleu Mediterreanee.

Edited by DrPenfection

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Ginnie, my 4 year old Puggle (and my niece Sadie). Ginnie found a "friend" during a walk last summer. The friend did not like her that much.

Pen? Probably my new (to me) Mont Blanc 144R or the Pilot Metropolitan.

Good heavens! We don't have any sankes in NZ, or any other potentially dangerous creatures so I don't have to worry about my dogs so much. I do however get really annoyed when my dog plays with and harrasses hedgehogs.. Apparently they don't carry any disease here but I get worries about him getting his mouth pricked or cut.

It must be a really serious problem for some people living in areas where there are other predators, like big cats or even bears. How do you prevent their entry and protect your dogs? Will 2m timber fence do or would you need electric fence or something?