Handmade Pen Cases A La Twsbi

InkedQuills

Hello FPN. I just started up a etsy shop that makes hand made fountain pen cases. The current ones I have will fit larger pens like the Vac700 and the M800, but I want to make sure what I create caters to the fountain pen community at large.

With that in mind I have decided to take a page out of TWSBI's book and take a look and see what kind of needs are out there in the community. I am thinking of making a smaller case to fit the TWSBI Mini and the Kaweco Sport, and woudl like to know if the need is there.

Here is a link to my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/quillquivers

Take a look and let me know what kind of items you would like to see in future, or suggestions to improve what is already there.

Cheers,
Phil

Edited by philrakay

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkedQuills

• TradArch

• da vinci

• Inguz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your link is not working Phil. I added an "s" and it does. Thought you'd like to know.

Those are very sharp cases btw!

Hello All,

Here are the images of the case. It will be available in a bunch of colours and selling at 30. This case holds three pens, but I will be making a 1-pen, and 2-pen case also.

Cheers,

Phil

post-66614-0-82566900-1371402109.jpg

post-66614-0-38749000-1371402118_thumb.jpg

post-66614-0-58997500-1371402126_thumb.jpg

I understand what you are doing, turn it 90 degrees. Situate 2 pens in centre with elastic loops as above in your prototype. To the left small three loops for int cartridges. To the right 2 loops for ink vials. The Halifax Traveller case will be born. If you want to be super fancy....insert a tiny note pad sleeve over the loop elastic so if the vials are not inserted the notebook can be.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

I understand what you are doing, turn it 90 degrees. Situate 2 pens in centre with elastic loops as above in your prototype. To the left small three loops for int cartridges. To the right 2 loops for ink vials. The Halifax Traveller case will be born. If you want to be super fancy....insert a tiny note pad sleeve over the loop elastic so if the vials are not inserted the notebook can be.

Honestly Mags, I am not a huge fan of elastics. I have had a few really interesting, and frustraiting, experiences with elastics in pen cases and I would prefer to avoid them as much as I can. I like your idea and I am designing a case for myself that wil open on the side. I can see about making it larger with a place for two ink vials and a small note pad. Were you thinking a Rhodia No. 10 or No. 11 pad?

Edited by philrakay

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, beautiful! I actually like the design as it is. If it is rotated 90 degrees and opens on the side, I would be concerned that the pens would slide out from the top and fall out.

Would be nice, if there's a B&M store where I can buy it. Since you are in Halifax... I remember seeing a store there, off the Spring Garden/ Queen, where the crafts/ artworks of local artisans are sold... Incidentally, I love Halifax, especially in this season. Whenever I go there, I find myself at Duly Noted and Bookmark, near the Public Gardens... I wonder if there are any other stores that sell fountain pens/ stationery?

Thanks so much.

I understand wanting to buy local. I buy many of my fountain pens at Duly Noted when I can. Vintage is a whole other matter of course. I have some of my cases on sale at Duly Noted, but I haven't expanded to Bookmark yet. I actually used to work there. The unfortunate thing is that I take a bit of a loss when I sell at local stores because their mark up is so high, but I am glad to sell and support. I am thinking of getting a table at the crafters fair at xmas.