Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Replacement Noodler's Nib?

Flameslicer

Recently bought an Ahab, loved it. Then I dropped it, nib tines were misaligned and I bent them back into shape as well as I can, and the tip is tilted in an annoying way. The tines on my nib refuse to realign completely, meaning the pen is a bit scratcher than I'd like, so I'll need a replacement nib. I need a noodlers nib to replace it, anyone know where I can get one? I can't get any photos, so sorry.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlejoPlay

• wallylynn

• Waski_the_Squirrel

• Flameslicer

As far as I know, you can't buy Noodler's nibs by themselves. However, you can buy a Goulet Nib (which I have done after a similar accident with a Konrad). They're not flex, but they're supposed to be nice. Sadly, I'm working away from home, so the nibs are waiting in my Post Office for my return.

I'm glad I'm not traveling with just one pen!

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Also, Nemosine nibs from XFountainPens are compatible. I have one on a Konrad now.

I may be in the minority here, but I have three Noodler's pens with their original nibs in them and I really like the way they write. it's a shame you can't just order replacements.

I lost the nib to my Ahab down a utility sink drain :wacko: I e-mailed the company rep and they sent me a new one. This was about a year ago, and I don't know if I was just lucky. Perhaps if enough people made the request the company would start selling replacement nibs. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Andersonpens.net sells non-flex Noodler's nibs in a fine and medium size. Odd that there isn't any news about these nibs on the Noodler's page or anywhere else that I can find.

http://andersonpens.net/nibs/noodlers?zenid=8d971fdc960e7801ff5f8fce3ef15492

No relationship to the website, just surfing around and found it.

Many Thanks for this link .... went there and bought a few ... delivery to the UK was very speedy .... the nibs are very inexpensive and work well .... very pleased to add them to the excellent Knox EF nib I have for my Ahabs/Konrads ....

One thing I noticed with all my 'playing' around with Ahabs & Konrads is that some feeds are

1. not quite aligned in their top and bottom main channels - on a couple of feeds I had to really concentrate hard to keep the contact channel image in my mind and not be sidetracked by the 'off centre' bottom channel while I fitted the nib

2. some feeds are not 'flat' on the surface that meets the underside of the nib - one required a great deal of 'heat setting' - in fact one feed I almost 'burned', this is now an excellent feed for any nib!! :-)

3. some 'tip sections' of feeds have a shaping that creates an optical illusion that hinders correct placement - that was another thing I really had to take into account when setting up

I have all pens working well now that I have learned to live with feeds that are 'visually wrong' - hope that makes sense

Anyway - Thanks again for the nib link.

John

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow :-)

For All The Times That Might Have Been We Only Have The Now

www.africanconservation.org

3. some 'tip sections' of feeds have a shaping that creates an optical illusion that hinders correct placement - that was another thing I really had to take into account when setting up

My Ahab feed was like that. The point was not aligned with the channel. After a while, I took a knife and shaved the point to make it in line.

I think those non-flex nibs were introduced at this year's new england pen show a month or two ago. don't think there were many.