Pelikan M200

slappypappy

post-104665-0-96444600-1370895967_thumb.jpg This is my pelikan m200 green marble , it writes, in my opinionn just as well as a MONTBLANC 146 :yikes:

Although the nib is steel I cannot tell the difference between it and a solid gold nib post-104665-0-42932100-1370896011_thumb.jpg If I could chose ANY pen in the entire world to write with I would choose the m200, the difference between the fine and the medium is so little that only someone who is a pen collector may be able to tell the difference, in my opinion the medium flows alot smoother. post-104665-0-57109400-1370896045_thumb.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slappypappy

• Stuartg

• archie001

• carlos.q

Lovely pen there Slappy and a nice writer as well.

Long reign the House of Belmont.

Great looking pen. IMHO, one of the best. I get a little difference between the steel versus gold nibs from Pelikan, but not enough to say ANYTHING bad about either.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."-Jim Valvano

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."-Ronald Reagan

medium will also be my preference for my first future pelikan pen: either M800 or M1000 - thanks for the review!

Edited by archie001

Fountain Pen is for people who have a delicate taste in writing

Pens Actively In Use

MB 149-f; MB Solitaire SS (FP-ef,BP,MP)

MB (LE) G.B.Shaw (FP-m,BP,MP); MB LeGrand (RB,BP,MP)

Parker Duofold Presidential Esparto sol.SS (FP-f, BP)

Parker Duofold PS SS (FP-f, RB)

Parker Doufold Marbled Green (FP-f,BP,MP)

Parker Duofold Marbled Gray (FP-xf)

S.T. Dupont Orpheo XL Platinum Diamond Head (FP-m)

S.T. Dupont Orpheo XL Platinum/ChinLacquer Black (FP-f)

they're very nice and i got one in the clear demo version(special edition 2012)and a B nib wich is very smooth and kinda flexy but not as smooth as my 146

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Picked one up at Dromgoole's in Houston's Rice Village on Tuesday. I REALLY wanted the green one but someone got there ahead of me so I settled for the black with

gold trim. I wanted the F nib but the Brothers were out of them so I tried an EF and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. It's similar to the Asian F nib like the Platinum 3776 and the Pilot 74. Glad I got it.

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

Lovely pen. I have the white tortoise version with a (grayish) steel nib, and it's always the one I grab first when I want to take quick notes or write long stretches of text. The F nib means that it lasts forever between refills. ^___^

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

i have Auroras, Deltas, MB(149,146 ecc..), Parkers, ecc.. but my M205 is my daily writer... it's fantastic workhorse for me! Great Pen!

Vincenzo

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Lovely pen. Congrats!! I carry my 200 in green demo every day, though I prefer to use F nib. The steel nib is excellent although the gold nibs can be an even better writing experience. By the way, if you want, you can swap 200 nib with 400 gold nibs and use it in your pen. :)

The M200 is one of my favorite pens. It is a small pen, however when posted it is the perfect size for my hand. I have the red demo version. It is highly reliable and it NEVER skips on me. Great, springy, juicy nib. I love it! Great review. :)

Nice pen. The modern Pelikans are probably my favourite contemporary pens.

+1

So I thought I'd follow up on my M200 that I ordered from Richard Binder...all I can say is wow! The nib is absolutely amazing - very smooth and for an extra fine writes surprisingly wet. I can't say enough about how well Richard made my M200 write. As for the pen itself, this is becoming my favorite, as I like the size and weight very much for jotting down notes in meetings, etc. Not to mention I have received great compliments on how nice it looks (I bought the black with a green ink window). In the end, I highly recommend this pen if Richard has Binderized it!

I have a Binder m200 with a 1mm stub - it is by far my favorite pen. Nice review.

Cheers - Nicholas

You have an excellent pen there and I agree about the nibs & handling. My green marbled M200 fine and my black M200 EF both write exceedingly well and are a pleasure to handle and look at, especially the green marbled one.

John

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow :-)

For All The Times That Might Have Been We Only Have The Now

www.africanconservation.org