Can Anyone Post A Picture Of Waterman Large Cartridge!

Chayan

Hi, i just purchased a pack of Waterman pink rose (large) cartridge. It was ordered from an online shop. I think something is just not right. But as this is my first Waterman cartridge, i need help.

The pack that i received seems to be almost half empty. Hence a picture of your new cartridge will be highly appreciated. As i will be able to question the seller. And it was not purchased from eBay. Rather a reputed online portal in India.

Regards,

Chayan

post-104410-0-51546300-1370361177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chayan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chayan

• Sailor Kenshin

• RMN

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The box doesn't look new and I can't recall ever seeing that particular color. I have a number of these long carts and ink does evaporate from them over time.

They should write just fine, however. If you need to, simply add a little water.

Hope this helps!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Thank you, well i certainly can do that :). But my concern is, have they sent me a defective piece. And more over the date of packing is scraped. And if this is not how a Waterman cartridge is, I will write a complaint email to them.

It looks a lot like my long Waterman carts that have been stored for a while. I suspect these are 'vintage' and thus will show some evaporation. This is normal with older cartridges of any make.

The color is cool!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Hahaha, yup! They color actualy made me order it. I did some research and this is a color manufactured by Waterman, but only as a cartridge pack. Could not trace any bottel of this!

you may want to try www.pensavenue.com...they have a large variety of daimine and j herbin inks in different colours...

i think the cartridges were not stored properly by the seller as the date doesn't look scrapped off but rather worn off. may be it was bent during transit and the box tore. as far as cartridges go i still have some 7years old, luxor made quink ink cartridges which do work without problem..but i use them in my parker vectors only, i don't wan't to take chance with my more expensive pens.

Pink Large size standard appears in 2001 catalogue. They do evaporate off and I suspect there was not much more ink inside anyway.

My preferred B&M shop still lists the pink in the Waterman SHORT carts. Apparently not in the LONG carts anymore.

The box looks genuine, but apparently OOS (old old stock) THey do evaporate. Think of the Angel's share in Whisky...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

http://i41.tinypic.com/2zyaic5.jpg

Edited by rochester21

I also have 50 year old sealed waterman c/f cartridges, and they are about 3/4 full, maybe more :D

Chayan, according to your picture, and a recent experience (I found a pack of half empty cartridges at home), the pack you were sold was let to rest for about 10 years.

It's normal evaporation, but they shouldn't be sold.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

I also have 50 year old sealed waterman c/f cartridges, and they are about 3/4 full, maybe more :D

Hahaha, thanks for the pic and reassurance that the old cart is 3/4th full (y).

Chayan, according to your picture, and a recent experience (I found a pack of half empty cartridges at home), the pack you were sold was let to rest for about 10 years.

It's normal evaporation, but they shouldn't be sold.

That was my concern as well. I guessed that these cartridges were old and might have evaporated cause of improper storage. But they should not list such an item (1st) and moreover i paid M.R.P. Just a bad experience online after a long time.

But on a closer look, i see that the sticker has a PKD date as '201' and the last digit is missing. I guess that these might not be older than 2010!

Edited by Chayan

you may want to try www.pensavenue.com...they have a large variety of daimine and j herbin inks in different colours...

i think the cartridges were not stored properly by the seller as the date doesn't look scrapped off but rather worn off. may be it was bent during transit and the box tore. as far as cartridges go i still have some 7years old, luxor made quink ink cartridges which do work without problem..but i use them in my parker vectors only, i don't wan't to take chance with my more expensive pens.

Yup, i may try the website for my next purchase! Thank you...

The local Waterman dealer here gave me a few boxes of old, unsold Waterman brown cartridges. Most of them had evaporated farther than yours. I topped a few off with water and let them stand for a few hours, then popped them into a pen. They write perfectly and I like the color very much. I don't think there is anything else wrong with your cartridges. Just add water, give it a chance to thoroughly mix, and use. Good luck!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Unused carts from a 2001 packet,

Gosh! They seem almost empty! 😁

fpn_1370456253__dscn0079.jpg

The local Waterman dealer here gave me a few boxes of old, unsold Waterman brown cartridges. Most of them had evaporated farther than yours. I topped a few off with water and let them stand for a few hours, then popped them into a pen. They write perfectly and I like the color very much. I don't think there is anything else wrong with your cartridges. Just add water, give it a chance to thoroughly mix, and use. Good luck!

I started using without any dilution. But if i add water, the color will lighten a bit, which i fear! As i did not like the rose pink at all. Seems a very funny and absurd color(personal opinion). In my opinion, Chelpark Chrimson Violet was much better, but hard to find these days. 😔

I guess this evaporation problem is with Wateman cartridge? Moreover they seem be be fragile. Coz i have some old parker cartridge, ummm around 6 to 7 years. Used without ink. But i did not throw them. Had a fetish of collecting the beautiful empty carts back them. And recently bought Lamy cartridges. I must say the built of the Parker and Lamy is much btter than the Waterman Cart!

Evaporation will occur in all plastic carts, but depending on how you store them. I would think storing them in the dark in your bathroom would be best... or in a humidor... :roller1:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~