How Many Chiness Brand 's Pen You Had Tried ?

vivisay

I have 3:

• Baoer 388, MF tip. This was my first Chinese pen, and it convinced me to look at them more seriously.
  • Shule 2212, XF tip. This was #2. But I was not prepared for the XF tip. It is fussy about what paper I write on, has to be smooth. Blue ink out of a XF tip is hard to read on blue ruled paper. I'm going to reink with black ink, to make it more readable.

• Baoer 100, F tip. Very nice pen, and it looks cool. But I have to write with it unposted, the cap makes the pen a bit heavy for me to write and changes the balance too far to the back.

I will be getting a few more Chinese pens in the future, now that I know how nice they write. I just wish they had a slightly larger tip. The Chinese F tip is a bit smaller that I normally use. But as long as I write on smooth paper, it is OK. But the F tip also means that I have to use black ink. Blue ink out of a small tip is hard for me to read on blue ruled paper. A larger tip will put down a wider ink line and I can read the blue ink better.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vivisay

• Sailor Kenshin

• Harlequin

• dogpoet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a selection of Jinhao and a few Hero fountain pens. With careful shopping, they are all quite cheap.

Generally, they are of usable quality, and therefore, fair to good value. Well above expectations, however,

are the Jinhao x250, the Jinhao 159, and the Hero 616.

I leave a Jinhao x750 on my desk, at work. It is a "war club". I hate the pen. I wish someone would steal

it, or break it. It's been nearly two years. Where are you rotten people, when I need you ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I've lost count of the number of Hero pens I own - probably a third of my collection. Also have Kagelu and TWSBI (Taiwanese, I know, so I'll only count half of my TWSBIs as Chinese :P).

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png Life's too short to write with anything but a fountain pen!

I've got three Heros, and I'm in a minority over disliking them intensely.

Othe Chinese brands I have examples of are Jinhao (which I do like an awful lot: those gloriously smooth nibs more than compensate for the occasional quality control issue), one Duke (good, but nothing special), one Crocodile (much the same), several Huashilai squeeze fillers (good pens that hold very little ink), a Bookworm (nearly as good as the Jinhaos), and a few others of brands I can't name offhand.

• 1 month later...

Jinhao, Hero and Duke basically, although one of my favourite pens is a Duke (though I would hardly call it a standard model). Beijing opera Rhythm :D smooth and bouncy, it literally sings when I write (literally, no joke)

http://imageshack.us/a/img259/5387/mg0009.jpg

Hey Friend ,

As for me , Duke Beijing opera Rhythm is really very nice and contain traditional culture in China .

It sounds that you also like Chinese Pen ,Right ?

Thanks you share this pens with me ! :D

Jinhao pens become more and more popular for people for home and aboard ,because of his cheap price and its appearance !Do you

have Jinhao Pens ?

Best Regard ,

In one minute you can change your attitude and in that minute you can change your entire day.

Not at all! ^^

Just an enthusiast! Most of my pens came from isellpens and speerbob's ebay store, and are the result of years and years of collecting.

:) Have you much purchase experience on Ebay ? I always want to select reliable seller from Ebay and have ever meet bad experience !

Thanks !

In one minute you can change your attitude and in that minute you can change your entire day.

I have been collecting Chinese-made pens, primarily those made in the "classic period" before the country "opened up", and most of them hooded nibs; that's a somewhat rarified field of research... in the sense that nobody seems to be at all interested in doing the research!

But from the examples I have, I would hazard a guess that for those made in the classic period, GuiGuan pens seem to be of good performance, and quality appears to be quite consistent as well; if someone is asking me about getting one as a workaday tool I would recommend this brand first. If you are located within China, Taobao is a cost-effective way to acquire many unusual pens; I got most of mine through Taobao, and some rarities include those by Hangzhou, Jinyan of Jinan, etc.

Yes ,i feel that you are very know this pen ! I Guiguan pen made in the Republic of China . And you provide a great chanve for me to buy FPS . :)

:) Have you much purchase experience on Ebay ? I always want to select reliable seller from Ebay and have ever meet bad experience !

Thanks !

I just look for whatever pen I want, at a good price, and make sure it's a high-rated seller.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I believe Bookworm is essentially a sub-brand of Jinhao, which would explain why they are so similar.

I believe the Bookworm is actually made by Yiren.

I believe the Bookworm is actually made by Yiren.

I am not sure by any means. It may indeed may be made by Yiren.

• 4 weeks later...

说实话,国笔还是应该买英雄,永生还有三文堂,公爵毕加索之类的不靠谱。

哥们,你不是难为老外么

XmyDesperadoL, on 09 Jun 2013 - 00:05, said:snapback.png

说实话,国笔还是应该买英雄,永生还有三文堂,公爵毕加索之类的不靠谱。

哥们,你不是难为老外么

是的,外国论坛还是写英文吧。 有的外国人看不懂中文。

:D

XmyDesperadoL, on 09 Jun 2013 - 00:05, said:snapback.png

是的,外国论坛还是写英文吧。 有的外国人看不懂中文。

:D

You know Chinese ?

Yes B)

Chinese is quite a popular language and you never know who might speak it.

Welcome to the forum :)

and thanks for the answers you have been giving in the other thread about Chinese pens. :thumbup:

Edited by suexilin