The Crimson Carene

Left FPN

Force, do you do the painting by brush, by spray or by dipping?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• RMN

• misslucy107

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Force, do you do the painting by brush, by spray or by dipping?

D.ick

In both cases I painted with brush and spray lacquered.

My next venture will be all spray, Canary Yellow on a silver hardware Carene.

Edited by Force

Yes, sorry, my mind has been elsewhere the last 10 days. A couple of people I have known much of my life were 'called' last week and in the same family line. One was way to young.

On the re-work, I will say the Ivory was a lot easier to paint than this Crimson. It took less coats before I felt it was suitable for the lacquer. Hopefully I should be able to put a few pics up later today on progress.

I'm sorry for your loss, Force :(

Really curious to see how the crimson one will look, and your next project, the Canary Yellow. It might take you some work, but you get a few unique Carenes!

WTB: Waterman Carene Royal Violet

After much ado yesterday I decided to flatten down the lacquer because it went on too thick. I will also buy a new tin of spray lacquer.

The restyling of the lounge door, along with my helper, got in the way of progress.

fpn_1372308511__dsc_6773.jpg

Fergus, hello!

"Well, at least being into pens isn't a gross habit. Like smoking or whatever."

"Ahh, thanks?"

-My coworker Christine.

• 4 weeks later...

I am back on the case....this is part of what came between me and it. I had to transform an old hardwood dark stained, 15 glass panel door into something more modern because I could not get a new door without a lot of hassle. So I had the door that required no fitting and just had to rework it. I appear to be reworking everything.

fpn_1374429385__dscn0154.jpg

Anyway I managed to get another coat of Crimson on the now well set parts. Not long now.

That's a neat door, Force. You seem to have golden hands.

D.ick

~

~

I'm excited to see the finished product! The Carene seems to be beautiful in any color. The door looks very well made, too.

That's the section back together while waiting on the varnish to dry....3 coats so far, maybe one more.

fpn_1375009874__dscn0215.jpg

fpn_1375009946__dscn0212.jpg

Talk about difficult to photograph. It's taken me about 50 shots at different times of day to get it to show the colour and this is the best I could muster.

fpn_1375027249__dscn0243.jpg

or this

fpn_1375027413__dscn0239.jpg

I think it should look nice with the gold.

I will leave them to harden off before polishing.

Not forgetting the, unusual, never seen on a Carene, surprise I have with this rework.

Edited by Force

Very nice! It's going to look real classy with the gold!

WTB: Waterman Carene Royal Violet

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

D.ick

~

~

Well here it is in rather poor evening light, although I will be changing the section or its ring over time because it is rather loose.

That is a speck of dust on the barrel.

fpn_1375207277__dscn0253.jpg

fpn_1375207305__dscn0256.jpg

fpn_1375207326__dscn0257.jpg

fpn_1375207347__dscn0259.jpg

fpn_1375207368__dscn0260.jpg

Edited by Force

Well done, sir, again. :thumbup: :notworthy1:

It would be nice to see the Crimson and the Ivory together, perhaps on that nice stand you have.

D.ick

~

~