Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Hi Fpners (Greetings From Hong Kong)

jonathanlai928

jonathanlai928

Hi everyone!

Just want to say hi. I'm glad to have finally purchased my first "proper" fountain pen, a Waterman Hemisphere and will be using it lots. As of now I'm trying to look for an affordable vintage pen with good flex fine/e fine and if anyone has any for sale below $75 please contact me!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jonathanlai928

• Sasha Royale

• notVirtuThe3rd

• koofle

Sasha Royale

Welcome !

The Waterman Hemisphere is, indeed, proper. I bought several as gifts many years ago, but

did not acquire one of my own for a decade. One of the gift pens has returned to me, as a

cherished, heavily-used heirloom. It is a very good pen, with a conservative, business appearance..

I do not have a writing style that benefits from a flex nib. However, the Reform 1745 nib seems

to have some flex. I will leave it to my betters, whether it is a viable choice for your needs.

There are plenty of NOS Reform 1745 pens selling individually for 15 -20 dollars USD. The

company ceased operations in the 1970's. That qualifies as vintage, I think.

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome, fellow HK user! Feel free to ask me if you need any fountain pen related enabling. :)

I do weekly informal video reviews of pens/papers/inks in the style of my silly written reviews at the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYpvSpwJuaT0OxsxhzM1e7w'>Inquisitive Quill youtube.</a><p>I am also very active on <a class='bbc_url' href=https://www.instagram.com/inquisitivequill/>instagram.</a>

Greetingsf from California and a warm welcome to FPN. Glad you've joined us; it's great to have you here.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you join us!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                 My Favorite Brick and Mortar Store

Vanness Pens - Now selling Online!

jonathanlai928

Thank you everyone for such great responses!! I'll be looking forward to contributing! Thanks Sasha for the recommendation I will check them out!

Hi and :W2FPN:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Penne Stilografiche

welcome to the fpn! I would recommend looking on ebay if you want a affordable vintage flex pen. Just look for a listing with a writing sample to show the flexibility of the nib.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

jonathanlai928

welcome to the fpn! I would recommend looking on ebay if you want a affordable vintage flex pen. Just look for a listing with a writing sample to show the flexibility of the nib.

Thank you!

Gloucesterman

Welcome to a great place for fountain pens, paper, inks and etc.

Not sure if have ever used "stationery art.com" as a source of a limited selection of pens, but you might want to check it out.

Have fun and explore the whole site.

-S-

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”