Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Vintage Montblanc Refills

AncientScribe

I recently received a vintage Mont-Blanc Meisterstuck ball point as a gift and was wondering if the new Meisterstuck refills are compatible. The pen is from the late 80s.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edgar Allan Bo

• Chrissy

• AncientScribe

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still have the old refill!?! You have to take the plastic end off (just pull it off) and put it on the new modern refill - it acts as some sort of an adapter - because the old refills (80's) were longer than the modern ones.

if you don't have the old refill - I think you can also buy the adapter separately online and in MB-shops.

http://www.goldgier.de/luxusuhren/images/product_images/popup_images/216_0.jpg

Are you sure that adapter is required for a 'late 1980's Meisterstuck ballpoint'?

I have one that must be that old and I don't have an adapter. I just buy a refill and stick it in

Edited by Chrissy

Are you sure that adapter is required for a 'late 1980's Meisterstuck ballpoint'?

I have one that must be that old and I don't have an adapter. I just buy a refill and stick it in

Then it's probably not that old? There were few different ballpoint refills during the 60's, 70's, 80's and I don't know what year they switched to the newest modern refill, but the one before that is the one that's longer and has this removable end that can be used on modern refills. I have a BP from the 80's and I have to use this adapter with the modern BP refills.

EDIT: oh, just saw the "late 80's" - then it should be ok, without the adapter thingy! :) i just checked, my BP is from the early 80's.

Edited by Edgar Allan Bo