Stationary Art Online Based In Hong Kong

Blue_Moon

My experience with Stationery Art is quite the opposite. I have ordered four times from them. They have always been prompt in replying to Emails. They ship to third parties at your request regardless of your Paypal address. So sending a gift was no problem. I even had a ship to address I typo I picked up only after order submission. Stationery Art responded rapidly to my Email and corrected my error promptly prior to shipment. I have never experienced a short shipment or cancelled order. Mail via Hong Kong post was prompt for standard mail, and the tracking option for a buck or two more worked just fine for me. Mind-you though; this is only one person's experience...

If you buy a cheap Chinese fountain pen from them for five dollars, don't expect world-class service when the thing doesn't write properly or the nib rusts-out on you. There's really nothing they can do about that.

If you want to save a few bucks and buy a pen worth hundreds of dollars from Stationery Art, that's your call. But I recommend you spend a bit more and buy from a vendor specializing in the sales and service of high-end writing instruments instead.

All that said, I too noticed their fountain pen stock is a bit thin lately, especially in the Pilot 78G area. Let's hope things will change for the better.

If you read a bit lower, I never bought cheap Chinese fountain pens from them, and sadly I would have to disagree with you. There should be a minimal standard at least to a product they are selling, regardless of price especially when the item is new. The item may not write as smooth, but the item not working? Come on, that is just totally unacceptable! Just like if you buy a new Toyota vs a Mercedes, just because the Toyota is a lot cheaper than the Mercedes, does it mean it is ok for the Toyota to not drive straight just because it is cheap? Sure the Toyota, may nott have all the bells and whistles, but it does get you from point a to point b. Regardless of the price of a item, a decent company should always try to work things out with the customer.

Edited by Istay808

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue_Moon

• lovementos

• parnesh

• inotrym

Maybe the car analogy isn't the best. How about if we look at 3-dollar pens like 300-dollar cars? (I can't afford Toyotas unless they are used). There are pens that cost $16,000. And I think that all companies do have minimum standards. If a company's minimum standard does not match my expectation for a minimum standard, there are many more manufacturers and vendors out there.

Every inexpensive pen I have purchased (about 15 of them) has worked and functioned exactly as described and reviewed.

I have purchased multiple times from them and haven't had any problems. My Sailor 1911 just arrived today, and I plan on ordering a couple of mechanical pencils soon too. Love their prices!

Count me as another very satisfied customer of Stationeryart - and will continue to be.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

I received two orders in the last two days. Prompt delivery from Hong Kong. No problem.

BTW they still have some solid color Preras for $24.99.

-----------------------------------

I am but a simple caveman

it seems to be shut down?

it said

Dear customer,

If you would like to order stationeryart's products, you can contact us via:
orders@stationeryart.com

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
Stationeryart.com

i live in HK andi am very sad that a rare online stationary store in HK might shutting down.

i wasn't able to email that,it just give me delivery failure.

i just found that and it was gone >.<

I hope they are not shutting down; I recently got my first Sailor from them and enjoy buying stationery from them from time to time. They still post on facebook and started a contest recently but many things are now "out of stock" on their website.

It looks up from here, and more things are in stock (thought still a lot out) as well as some things have totally gone. I think they were just updating things.

I can not believe I missed out on a lot of that sale ;_;

They only had 3 fine nib prera's left, at that price I guess I can't complain about vivid pink being the best option.

I've been a customer for a while now, and it's probably a good idea to double check with them when an item you want is in stock. They may have restocked it but not updated. I'm not sure if fountain pens would be restocked, as they told me that they're reducing their products. But hey, you never know!

Just an update; I just got the package which is pretty fast for international shipping. It took me 2 minutes to undo all the wrapping, even with a pair of scissors, so no complaints in that department. The vivd pink is growing on me, it's a cute little pen and posts well. I also picked up a $4 Baoer and it's frickin' amazing for that price.

I am officially really sad they're closing out stock.

I just now placed my first order with them after reading the replies here. After I ordered it took me to a screen that said the item was no longer available in the quantities I wanted (only ordering 1) however, I received a confirmation email that the order had been placed. Has anyone else had this? I guess I will give it a day or so and then send them an email to make sure. I am still really new to fountain pens and am figuring out where to buy so, this makes me a little nervous.

I've had that happen when ordering the last item left in their stock.

Never had any problems dealing with them.

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally decided to buy some Preras and, looking at the website, they are completely out of stock (and, looking at other pens like Pilot MR, the situation is similar there as well). Does anybody know whether stationeryart.com are discontinuing Pilot FPs? And, alternatively, where else would one get Pilot Prera for a similar price (including shipping to Europe)?

I had good experiences until my last one. I ordered a couple of drafting pencils and they arrived with the nib sleeves slightly bent. The packaging was not adequate. I complained about it. Response was slow. They asked for photos which I gave. Even though the sleeves were all slightly bent, I only asked to have one replaced (the worst bent). The response was --- "I suggest you can send back the Graphgear 500 pencil to us and we can exchange it from our supplier and re-ship the new one to you. Another suggestion is, would you consider to order somethings like the pencil lead or pen case at our website? We can send the replacement tip of the Graphgear pencil to you together with your new order, and you can no need to return the pencil to us."

Huh? I have to send it back? But you can send me the replacement for free if I order something else?

I finally decided to buy some Preras and, looking at the website, they are completely out of stock (and, looking at other pens like Pilot MR, the situation is similar there as well). Does anybody know whether stationeryart.com are discontinuing Pilot FPs? And, alternatively, where else would one get Pilot Prera for a similar price (including shipping to Europe)?

Not sure how long ago, (several months, at least) someone posted that Stationery Arts was getting rid of their current fountain pen inventory and the prices were really good. Having followed, and never availed myself of the offerings, I have watched the site with some expectation that they might be restocking with different pens. As of today, that has not been the case.To my knowledge, no one has contacted then to ask about the situation. At least no one has done it and posted the response to their query.

It may simply be that their coverage of the fountain pen market did not generate the revenue that they wanted and they removed themselves from that part of the pen business.

It's too bad that we seem to have lost a good source of very competitively price fountain pens.

C'est la guerre! Or at least that is the "guerre of business!

Please let me know if anyone finds out anything more.

Just my .02 cents worth.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Great prices and service, but they are not official Sailor dealer. Sailor will not service a pen bought from them.

Pelikan 100; Parker Duofold; Sheaffer Balance; Eversharp Skyline; Aurora 88 Piston; Aurora 88 hooded; Kaweco Sport; Sailor Pro Gear

Eca de Queroiz: "Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently, and for the same reason."

• 3 years later...

Hello,

does anyone know if Stationery Art Hong-Kong are still in business? I can't find them online and it looks like they've shut down their business. Any news would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks !!!