Cleaning Stuff

orangejuiceguy

ahhh! by the time i get some replies its bound to be dry, but i managed to stab a hole through the bottom of a ink vial, spraying red ink eeverywhere. i managed to get ink elsewhere too, so i was wondering if theres any way to get dried red ink off of a: plastic lightswitch, my nice white wall(seems to have stained) and clothes(is there a way if its dry?)

anyhelp would be appreciated!

i hope its not toxic cuz the needlewent into my finger too. thats fine though

one potato two potato three potato four

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orangejuiceguy

• Vintage Razor

• Zanshin

• Elizabeth in NJ

Try baby wipes. They've shifted stains that no other solvent in the house could touch. I've had ink from the kids' pens that IPA, white spirit, paintbrush cleaner, acetone, soap etc wouldn't shift, but a quick rub with a Wet Wipe and it's gone.

With clothes, usually a pre-wash stain remover and a normal wash will shift it, but it does help to get to it before the ink has dried.

Toodle pip<BR><BR><BR>

I find Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to be awfully good for getting miscellaneous gunk off of various surfaces. If it doesn't work for this, it will work for something else down the road, so you'll be glad you have it on hand.

^yeah managed to get it off of everything but the wall... it absorbed into that. its ok though have some paint stuff on hand and the wall isnt a full sized one....so will be easy to repaint.

im building this simple cardboard box plastic wrap thing to work with inks inside of so if something happens it doesnt ruin everything.

yep, used a magic eraser! those things work wonders. havent tried baby wipes but i know the red stain isnt coming off my white wall.

I have had good luck using awesome all purpose cleaner. It works great for getting ink off your fingers. I buy it at my local Dollar General.

dish soap in one of those scotch brite scrub pads and then the next morning when I wash my hair the shampoo gets the rest usually.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

ok, thanks! i use lava soap, it gets some of it off. those nylon scrubbers(its like steel wool but plastic) they sell that have soap in them already work really well at scrubbing the ink off your hands, but i forget the name.