Harley Davidson - Discontinued Nibs From "stypen"?

greatgatsby

Hello!

My mother dropped her Harley Davidson pen that was purchased for her in 1996 that was originally manufactured by "Stypen", and the nib broke off.

I tried searching on eBay, but to be honest, I have no idea what the model number is and how to find discontinued nibs to purchase for her (if there are any).

Here are the two photos I took of my mother's pen, and the box she has says the following at the back:

HD RGE SUNG BR -- I believe this is French "HD Rge" = HD Rouge or HD Red

RED BALL HD -- English name

Made in France

385328 -- I am assuming this is the model number but I don't know what the model name is.

If anyone could please help me try and find a new nib for her, I'd be forever grateful!

Update: Goodness, I don't know what's wrong but the images are too large. My apologies! I don't know how to fix it.

post-103786-0-07177600-1367862859_thumb.jpg

post-103786-0-94113500-1367862865_thumb.jpg

Edited by greatgatsby

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phonz

• greatgatsby

• Jimbodiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooops! I'm sorry I didn't see this before...I have one like this, exactly like this I like it very much

Great writer!

Ok...the maker was Stypen from France as you figure it out, and BIC bought them some time ago so...

Perhaps you might want to get in touch with them...I don't know neither the Cheshire cat or anybody

Else in here as you an see. Or maybe you can replace the nib with some other, it looks like a size 6 to me.

I would also look for a replacement in one of the big FP Supershows or take it with one of the nibmeisters

Wizards there, maybe they can fix it for you! You'll be surprise!

There is the Ohio one coming in November, and the LA in February, among some others!

Good Luck!

Edited by alcecena

• 2 months later...

Did you have any luck? I don't think these were made for that long, and there is not a lot of information about them on the net. I own two of these pens and sourcing replacement nibs would be nice.

BTW: Standard #6 nibs are too big and #5 are too small, or that might have been a solution. The feed measures around 5.3mm.

favorite pens: 3x Stypen Harley-Davidson - MF ■ FPR Himalaya indigo blue - flex Jinhao 159 & Bock Ti - EF ■ Jinhao X450 & Jowo - F

inks: Diamine "Majestic Blue" Diamine "Ochre"Diamine "Red Dragon" Akkerman "Shocking Blue" ■ Akkerman "Het Zwarte Pad"

grail pens: Pelikan M800 blue ■ Edison Glenmont gold flake