Admin

Dearest Members & Visitors to the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

We have had a few problems lately, as you have all noticed.

After rebuilding the site completely, on a new server, from scratch, well, from a few backups, with a rebuild of the entire topics set and member base, we appear to be back in business. Appear is the keyword here, because after what we have gone through one never can be sure anymore. As mentioned in the status updates: Murphy's Law squared and then some.

Most third party add-ons we use, especially the major ones, like Classifieds and Upload, have been enabled again, and over the next few weeks we will carefully monitor and enable any other ones when we are sure they won't affect performance negatively. BTW, we made Classifieds slightly more usable, and will continue to do so as we start using some of the new features available for it. Obviously, getting everything up and running again is priority 1.

If you do run into weird problems, like redirects, please notify us straight way by email: Admin email. Any questions as to the renewed interface: please do share those with us in the Community Feedback Forum.

We recently started with premium accounts, and quite a few members subscribed to those. Obviously, as we have been out of the air for quite a bit of time, the FPN fans who subscribed to these accounts, haven't been able to profit from them. We therefore will extend the length of all premium accounts for one month, free of charge. We think it is the least we can do for the support the premium account holders have given us in the first place.

As to what happened and what measures we took, this will be discussed in a separate topic or blog post - our first priority right now is indeed to get back online asap.

We would like to thank our friends of the Hosting Service Support Team at PowerVPS, and the team at Invision, without whom we wouldn't have been here in the first place. Thank you guys!

We also would like to thank all of our forum friends and fans, who offered comfort, solace, and a helping hand throughout this entire episode - it was very, very much appreciated.

Without all of you, this wouldn't have been possible. Thank you!

We sincerely hope we can now finally continue to enjoy our community, friends, and discussions here!

Warmest regards,
The FPN Admin and Moderator Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• pmhudepo

• wimg

• amberleadavis

I was so missing the site. Glad its back online.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

You don't know what you need until you realise you haven't got it.

I'm glad you're back again! The admins here have put in an amazing amount of time to make this work. Even though I'm not a tech guy, I recognize the difficulty and effort involved.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Happy to have you back.

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

I could tell that this was an enormous amount of work. I've been in the computer business log enough: could guess why each step was being taken, could only think "wow...that too!".

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

Hurray, after a torturous wait we seem to be back on track.

Thanks Wim and team for your work. I know you encountered many problems, like a severed cable near your house. Murphy's law squared indeed, and then some. You must have missed most of the festivities here in Holland because of the inauguration of our new King...

Wel done again (alas the thumbup smiley seems missing, but think about 10 thumbups)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Yessss :)))))

/http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/858372_558495127508117_649985064_o.jpg

Thanks for getting it back and keeping us informed. Can't believe how much I've missed pottering around...

Great to have you back!

You can't have too many fountain pens.....

Thanks for bringing the board back online! :D

I hope the problems are history now.

(alas the thumbup smiley seems missing)

Oh no - that's my favorite one!

If I could make up an emoticon I would use this one but replace "to" with "back": :W2FPN:

Boy am I glad to see us up and running again, and add me to the chorus of congratulations for Wim's efforts.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch