Iroshizuku Ina-Ho

mhphoto

I love this ink color as an annotation color. Very readable, in a Pilot penmanship, understated.

As such, my bottle will probably outlast me, love it as I do. The color looks close, though I do think I get a bit more greenish cast. This is out of a Pilot EF nib on Rhodia (and Lechturm(sp?)).

Cheers,

Mike

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• mhphoto

• EKE

• Algester

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quite like this colour, especially when loaded into my Pelikan M200 amber demonstrator. I don't use it for daily business correspondence, but when I'm conducting a safety or environmental audit, it's a highly useful colour for annotating documents (I use maybe four to eight colours in such a pursuit - yes, I'm detail-oriented, but then, wouldn't you expect that in an auditor ?). I haven't had the same issues with feathering in this ink, perhaps because I typically use it with a (relatively) fine CI nib.

I need to order or trade for a full bottle of this ink, as I've run the initial (somewhat depleted) one (that I acquired in another trade) down over the last few years...

John P.

This is a great illustration of variation of tastes. Ina ho is one of my favorite inks. I've particularly used it in a vintage mb with an obb nib and it looks wonderful to my eye. The hint of green to the gold is what does it for me.

I just reviewed this ink the other day on my blog and I was thoroughly unimpressed. It makes me think of what I might find in a nasty diaper. But I would like a good golden brown, so maybe I'll check out Rome Burning since they seem similar but different. :-)

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

I like this ink. I guess I'm one of the few. It is a good ink and color for sketching and laying down the initial lines / guides before drawing over some of the lines. I don't mind the color.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Love Ina-Ho

Learning from the past does not mean living in the past.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this ink color as an annotation color. Very readable, in a Pilot penmanship, understated.

As such, my bottle will probably outlast me, love it as I do. The color looks close, though I do think I get a bit more greenish cast. This is out of a Pilot EF nib on Rhodia (and Lechturm(sp?)).

Cheers,

Mike

Any pictures? Would love to see how this looks in your EF.

• 3 years later...

I see that you have De Atramentis' Havanna as one of the closer comparisons. I would like to put forward their Umber as possibly closer still. They are both what I would call "Tobacco" browns, but the Havanna has a lovely sunshine yellow undertone while the Umber is more of a cool yellow tending Green - almost unusably pale, possibly unpleasant but quite beguiling! Both have good water resistance.

I don't have any Pilot inks (until I win the Lotto!), so I can't do a side by side comparison, but was looking at reviews of Ina-Ho as the closest match. I have gone from dubious intrigue to obsessive fondness with the Umber! It might provide a more affordable option for people who are intrigued by this color (especially in Europe, where ink is still priced as a working tool rather than a luxury item?!)?

• 3 years later...

For some unknown reason I am unable to see you posted review photos. I was curious what others had to say about this ink. It was the first Iroshizuku ink I bought and I really love it. I came across a photo of all of their inks lately and this one stood out as very different. I need to go back and use this, revisit its qualities. I have a variety of inks  collected and have not done so in some time.  It is my preference to  mostly avoid "screaming extrovert" colors. I do have some reds though  for standing out note taking.

4 hours ago, Tas said:

My only Iroshizuku ink. I really like it a) to sketch with and b) as a complimentary colour to so many>

1613893160_2-IMG_7886.thumb.jpg.738a4a50f71aa1524fa364c92dbe5c7c.jpg1.thumb.jpg.6479f2346a9a3c40e7dd014e131e49a8.jpg4_K2_7481.thumb.jpg.4faecb3bea3444a863f8f1e9399c0af1.jpg3_tools_K2_7469.thumb.jpg.19953a76c861becb18ab5e5700141e44.jpg

Just awesomely fab :) The detail in that gable end made me feel all a-flutter!

40 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Just awesomely fab :) The detail in that gable end made me feel all a-flutter!

Thank you 🥰

Also, *Googles "Gable end" 🙄

On 9/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, Northernrobin said:

For some unknown reason I am unable to see you posted review photos

Copy and paste the address to a new tab on your browser.

Add lightness and simplicate.

On 4/19/2013 at 4:33 PM, mhphoto said:
On 9/23/2021 at 4:06 AM, Northernrobin said:

For some unknown reason I am unable to see you posted review photos.

Since the forum platform upgrade late in 2020, the use of externally hosted image resources accessed by HTTP (without the S for Secure at the end) for inline display (i.e. seamlessly as part of the post's content) is no longer allowed. There was no automatic remediation of such embedded URLs during the platform upgrade's data migration (and it wouldn't have made sense to do it blindly, since the external hosts and/or uploaded image files may or may not still be accessible even at the time), and so many of the old posts — such as the original post in this thread made way back in 2013 — got ‘broken’ in the process.

I hope that makes the “unknown reason” now known.

If you want to get around that and see the images, @Karmachanic's solution will work for that set of images posted by the O.P..

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

18 hours ago, Tas said:

My only Iroshizuku ink. I really like it a) to sketch with and b) as a complimentary colour to so many>

1613893160_2-IMG_7886.thumb.jpg.738a4a50f71aa1524fa364c92dbe5c7c.jpg1.thumb.jpg.6479f2346a9a3c40e7dd014e131e49a8.jpg4_K2_7481.thumb.jpg.4faecb3bea3444a863f8f1e9399c0af1.jpg3_tools_K2_7469.thumb.jpg.19953a76c861becb18ab5e5700141e44.jpg

Gorgeous. :wub:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

23 hours ago, lgsoltek said:

I thought this one was a photo! 😍😍 It’s amazing Tas!

22 hours ago, AmandaW said:

Gorgeous. :wub:

Thank you. Ina-Ho did most of the work for me 😇

That’s beautiful, Tas!  Did you use another ink there for the various green parts, or is that all Ina-ho?

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

1 hour ago, Intensity said:

That’s beautiful, Tas!  Did you use another ink there for the various green parts, or is that all Ina-ho?

Thank you 🙏🏼 

I’m pretty sure the grass and roof is Troublemaker Kelp Tea