Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Herbin Bleu Pervenche Mini Review

tenurepro

Here is a mini review of Herbin Bleu Pervenche, with a little comparison with OMAS turquoise. My little experiment with turquoise was precipitated by a review on Montblanc's ink of friendship a year and a half ago; off course i couldn't find a bottle of the montblanc ink, so i went out and bought the first two turquoise colours i found: Herbin's Bleu Pervenche and the OMAS Turquoise. I like them both, in terms of colour and good behaviour on paper. Bleu Pervenche is more of a dark blue-turquoise, while OMAS is more of a true turquoise. Bleu Pervenche gets the node for shading, but OMAS dries twice as fast.

fpn_1364501859__herbin_bp.jpg

fpn_1364501840__herbin_vs_omas.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pterodactylus

• tenurepro

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo Bo Olson

I have and like this ink, do not yet have the Omas.

""""Pelikan Edelstein Topaz, which is not turquoise""" it will fake it.

I have Lamy (which needs better paper to shade), Waterman South Sea Blue which has some new forgotten name, Pelikan and this ink.

I had to go count...gee only 5 turquoise inks.

What once would have been many, is now too few.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

RIP...200's once great nib, now a double ball.:crybaby::wallbash:

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pterodactylus

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/2852/6iq5.jpg

(Mont Blanc 142 - KM ..... Caran d`Ache Caribbean Sea)

Edited by Pterodactylus

lovely ink and handwriting - thanks. I'll have to try it out It appears to have a bit of a greenish hue vs. OMAS.

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/7302/bleupervencheresponse01.jpg

Here is Topaz and MB Diamond thrown in... i call this one 4 shades of blue :)

I think OMAS is a true turquoise... Bleu Pervencher is a blue-turuoise, and PE Topaz is.... like you say Bo Bo, a different animal.

I forgot one little problem with Bleu Pervencher - the bottle is very small and it is hard to fill up with big nib'ed pens without doing some serious acrobatics.

fpn_1364575384__4shadesofblue.jpeg

Pterodactylus

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/4589/cg57.jpg

(Mont Blanc 14 - OBB ..... De Atramentis Adular Blue)

Edited by Pterodactylus
Bo Bo Olson

C d'A Caribbean sea :headsmack:

I've not inked that yet...I'd just got 4 C d'A inks last week and 4 R&K's 10 days before that so thought I'd save that for another day.

I have to sell some pewter topped beer mugs at the flea market. I need to get my inks organized on one shelf of my beer mug book case.

One did have a life of collecting before pens.

After 50 inks organization is a must.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

RIP...200's once great nib, now a double ball.:crybaby::wallbash:

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pterodactylus

C d'A Caribbean sea :headsmack:

I've not inked that yet...I'd just got 4 C d'A inks last week and 4 R&K's 10 days before that so thought I'd save that for another day.

I have to sell some pewter topped beer mugs at the flea market. I need to get my inks organized on one shelf of my beer mug book case.

One did have a life of collecting before pens.

After 50 inks organization is a must.

R&K is a good hint, currently I have none, but I'd like to get Scabiosa and Salix in the near future. :eureka:

• 5 weeks later...
Pterodactylus

http://imageshack.us/a/img407/4562/kqrm.jpg

(Mont Blanc 344 - M ..... Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare)

(Mont Blanc 14 - OBB ..... De Atramentis Adular Blue)

Edited by Pterodactylus