• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plume145

• jimhughes

• Brian C

• Letsdisinfect

Well, the Sadlebacks themselves are hardly an original design anyway, except maybe in individual details but NOT in the overall design, so I'd be more inclined to give these rusticleather guys the benefit of the doubt and say they're just another take on the classic design, than to start hissing about ZOMG ripoff!!1!!! you know?

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

IIRC Rustic is in San Marcos, Texas and the bags are done locally. Saddleback is about 60 miles down the road in San Antone, correct me if I'm wrong, but some of their bags are made in Mexico. I have small pieces from both companies as well as Renaissance Leather and find all 3 to be a very functional design, excellent products, well made showing I high level of craftsman ship. I can recommend all 3 shops. Usual disclaimer applies, no affiliation, just a happy customer, Jim

Looking at those pictures, I wish I had seen this six weeks ago before I ordered a Saddleback briefcase.

Regards

Jeff

I don't know...looking at the pictures close up the leather goods don't seem to have the same quality of finish that Saddleback does. I have one Saddleback leather product and it is absolutely beautiful and definitely made to last a lifetime.

I bought the Rustic Leather bag because the inside lay out of the pockets fit my needs. I also figure that since I just don't work in my office, but take my case with me all the time, I wasn't too worried about the finish.

The Rustic Leather is holding up great and getting it's own 'patina"

Nothing comes close to Saddleback Leather products in terms of quality. The bags are somewhat casual looking and do not fit well into formal environments. They seem perfect for academic or creative types, but I can't visualize them in a strictly formal venue like a courthouse or board meeting. The same observations apply to Col. Littleton products (I have a number of both). The Saddleback Leasther briefcases are 9" wide and can become completely unwieldly if loaded to capacity; I strap mine to a small handcart and wheel it about when I overload it. vinper