Pen Aficionados In Jakarta/indonesia - Anybody?

TomJKT

P.S is the flea market the one infront of/ near kebayoran station? seen some vendors have cups full of pens

Yes, you're right. It's near the station :)

They sell Antique F.Pens at taman puring? wow, didn't know that, I frequently visit the market on the basement since my house was near, and never saw a vintage seller other than a antique shop that sells random items, mostly I visit P.Mayestik's 2nd floor for Vintage items such as Vinyls

Sometimes they have nice fountain pens. If you're lucky you can find the good one on the second floor.. But it is much easier to find them at kebayoran lama

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penacoba

• jeremychris

• Walter-W

• Joseph279

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/Walter_Orlando_Wijaya/WP_20160414_005_zpsa896szfz.jpg

Whoo, my New pens just arrived from amazon! :)

(Left: Waterman Perspective <F> 23k Gold Plated Stainless Steel Nib, Middle: Parker Sonnet <M> Steel Chromed Nib, Right: Cross Century II Medalist <M> 14k Gold Plated Steel Nib)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys do you ever buy fountain pens at smartyhands indonesia?

i just recieved a platinum kdp-3000a today, ordered about 2 weeks ago from smartyhands. i want to attach a photo but couldn't find the upload button lol

Nope, but been to the website and saw their available FP's, and was not interested.

(they only got very limited fountain pens, which consists only lower end Pilot and Platinum pens which is kinda overpriced [Perera is $27 in amazon, and buying in bulk can decrease shipping costs)

Better buy at amazon, or some other website, they have more variety from low to high end.

Btw, if you are looking to buy from abroad and want no hassle with the customs or with freight fowarders use http://www.indoshopaholics.com/ i used it to buy my pens, and they are relatively cheap with 280k commision. (I'm not affiliated in anyway with them, just a satisfied customer)

Yes I have, but it's not a fountain pen. I bought a pilot con-20 converter for 50k

I just received a wingsung (lucky) 659 demonstrator fountain pen from aliexpress. It's shape is very much the same as pilot 78g. I got the pen with 2 nibs, EF and F. A nice pen with inexpensive price for about 170k rupiah.

How to order at indoshopaholics?

Just choose what service you want, to them paying it and ordering it for you and delivered directly to your adress, with no insurance, or the premium, which with insurance, tracking etc.

to order place the url's of the page of the products to their order form, and you will recive an email regarding the cost etc., they have good coustomer service, and will reply within 1 hour in their working hours

Nope, but been to the website and saw their available FP's, and was not interested.

(they only got very limited fountain pens, which consists only lower end Pilot and Platinum pens which is kinda overpriced [Perera is $27 in amazon, and buying in bulk can decrease shipping costs)

Better buy at amazon, or some other website, they have more variety from low to high end.

Btw, if you are looking to buy from abroad and want no hassle with the customs or with freight fowarders use http://www.indoshopaholics.com/ i used it to buy my pens, and they are relatively cheap with 280k commision. (I'm not affiliated in anyway with them, just a satisfied customer)

that's a pretty good deal for bulk order! still, if i want to purchase like only 1 or two cheap pen i would still go to smartyhands, the shipping price is killing me. do you perhaps know some good cheap dealer with free shipping?

Brapa lama ya pembelian dari smartyhands?

from my experience, if they have the stock in indonesia they will ship immediately.

if the stock is in japan office it will take 1-2 weeks

if you request an item outside of their list on the website, you can expect about 2-3 weeks plus few days for them to put that stuff on the list

that's a pretty good deal for bulk order! still, if i want to purchase like only 1 or two cheap pen i would still go to smartyhands, the shipping price is killing me. do you perhaps know some good cheap dealer with free shipping?

as far as I know, Amazon (if you buy directly without third parties eg. Indoshopaholics) will provide free shipping for above 150$ purchase, and some small websites, especially those who sells vintage may provide free shipping for certain amount of purchase. however there are risks of shipping things to indonesia especially with DHL and FeDex, i heard many nasty cases with the customs (bea cukai) and eiher lost during transfer to pos indonesia or shipped to the wrong country.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everybody.. I haven't logged in in a long time i guess

just got myself a Parker IM gunmetal at gramedia, I've used it for a week now. I think I prefer it to Pilot Metro.

Has anybody tried it?

post-127368-0-07433700-1465292111_thumb.jpg

just got myself a Parker IM gunmetal at gramedia, I've used it for a week now. I think I prefer it to Pilot Metro.

Has anybody tried it?

I have it. It's a good fp, but i use noodler's ahab and visconti more often. I must say that ahab is my every day fp

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

Has anybody tried it?

Nope, Never tried a parker pen. Still using my metro with lamy Ink and my broken Geha.

How does it improve from Metro? is it the nib or the feel of the body?

Has anybody tried it?

I Haven't Tried a Parker IM, but I do have a parker sonnet, to be honest, I didn't really like the parker nib, its stiff and scratchy, unlike a lamy nib, tho now I use a Vintage Conway Stewart No.286 with a stub nib and full flex, which is really smooth, tho not as smooth as a Lamy 14K nib

I have it. It's a good fp, but i use noodler's ahab and visconti more often. I must say that ahab is my every day fp

What visconti do you have? The Homo Sapien, Rembrandt, Van Gogh?

I've been eyeing on a bronze Homo Sapien, is the dreamtouch Palladium nib good?

Nope, Never tried a parker pen. Still using my metro with lamy Ink and my broken Geha.

How does it improve from Metro? is it the nib or the feel of the body?

I like the feel of the body, although the nib can skip sometimes. When it writes, it is dryer than the metro.

it been a while!

i am now using Sheaffer 440 Quasi in B nib, quite impressive B nib since this is my first time using B nib. score the pen when i visit jakarta early of may for 25k! i don't ask to lower the price and just paid it haha tried to find another pen that day but not happen.

12960143_947966271988243_810434077_n.jpg

oh and yes, i just found a thread in kaskus about fountain pen! here have a visit http://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/56c1484431e2e68b0a8b456e/komunitas-pengguna-fountain-pen---pena/

anyone tried Parker Quink Violet from tokoped*a ? i am wondering about the ink since there are not so much info about the ink.