Pen Aficionados In Jakarta/indonesia - Anybody?

TomJKT

Hi there! I'm new to the fountain pen. Had been a silent reader here for some time, hehehe

Currently using some cheap FP called HOVER from a vintage store at tokopedia. I bought it mostly because it comes with a bottle of vintage violet Quink. But I also bough Pelikan 4001 green, Quink Blue-Black and Quink Red, just because.... :P

Still waiting for my Pilot MR and Pilot black ink from tokopedia seller that mentioned in prevevious conversation here. I also bought some very cheap Pilot Vpen there. I know it's disposable FP but I can't pass the opportunity for under 15k FP, I bought all color available there. Maybe I should stop buying FP stuff this month XD

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penacoba

• jeremychris

• Walter-W

• Joseph279

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw, anyone here ever ordered any Pens from abroad? (Amazon or other websites) because I'm trying to order a Waterman Perspective and a Lamy 2000 from amazon, but the Customs (bea cukai) situation in Indonesia is really Unclear and i don't want to get an extra 1 Million in tax for these already expensive pens.

So, anyone who have ordered a pen From amazon or from other websites, do you have any trouble with Indonesian customs or not?

Hi Walter,

So far, I have only tried buying twice from Massdrop. It's a kind of group buying site, which means we will have quite a discount (usually ranging from 10-50%), but they were shipped from USA.

The only downside from buying form Massdrop is that it took quite a long time until it gets shipped from the time you ordered, and it took as long to arrive in Indonesia as well. It is because the package is delivered using post option (DHL, but not the kinda DHL you may know). In my experience, it took about 10 days before my order was shipped, and the delivery time is approximately 3-4 weeks.

The lucky side of thing is that, so far, I have not encountered any problems with the customs. Even though my first order's amount was 99 dollars. Again, that may not be the same for the others though, so I cannot really vouch for that. What I learned from doing this delivery from aboard is that, as long as you have read the regulations carefully, you could still fight in case something happened. I mean, for my experience, as long as you order something brand new (not secondhand, because it will be held by customs immediately) and or if the goods amount is less than USD 50, and because fountain pen is a entry tax-exempt items, you should have not faced any problem with the customs. But then again, sometimes it's different from case to case.

My second order this time is Pilot Metropolitan (which is the same with Pilot MR sold in Tokopedia-you really need to check that out) but in fine nib. Hopefully it is delivered within the next 1-2 days.

Edited by raiteiboy

Hi Walter,

So far, I have only tried buying twice from Massdrop. It's a kind of group buying site, which means we will have quite a discount (usually ranging from 10-50%), but they were shipped from USA.

The only downside from buying form Massdrop is that it took quite a long time until it gets shipped from the time you ordered, and it took as long to arrive in Indonesia as well. It is because the package is delivered using post option (DHL, but not the kinda DHL you may know). In my experience, it took about 10 days before my order was shipped, and the delivery time is approximately 3-4 weeks.

The lucky side of thing is that, so far, I have not encountered any problems with the customs. Even though my first order's amount was 99 dollars. Again, that may not be the same for the others though, so I cannot really vouch for that. What I learned from doing this delivery from aboard is that, as long as you have read the regulations carefully, you could still fight in case something happened. I mean, for my experience, as long as you order something brand new (not secondhand, because it will be held by customs immediately) and or if the goods amount is less than USD 50, and because fountain pen is a entry tax-exempt items, you should have not faced any problem with the customs. But then again, sometimes it's different from case to case.

My second order this time is Pilot Metropolitan (which is the same with Pilot MR sold in Tokopedia-you really need to check that out) but in fine nib. Hopefully it is delivered within the next 1-2 days.

Hi, thanks for replying :D

Well I just did get my Pilot MR from Tokopedia today, and Baoer 338 from Lazada (a Parker Sonnnet Copy) , both of em wrote wonderfully.

I Know that Fountain pens are one of the few items that are exempted from PPnBM, just still paranoid from the large price of $350 ( for a Parker Sonnet (wierd because i bought a baoer 338, which is similar), Waterman Perspective and a Cross Medalist II) now I'm just crossing my fingers for not having any problem with customs.

hi and welcome!

how dialog 3 writes? better than safari?

haha the customs is a real nightmare! never did overseas online purchasing. hope others can help you!

Well its better in the terms of design and portability (no caps and all) and it has more flex to it (14kt Gold Nib ftw) and besides its not a german pen if its not an overengineered pen like a Lamy 3 (seriously this pen has more moving mechanisims than an average twist pen)

Hi all, I just received a wingsung (lucky) 659 demonstrator fountain pen from aliexpress. It's shape is very much the same as pilot 78g. I got the pen with 2 nibs, EF and F. A nice pen with inexpensive price for about 170k rupiah.

Hi there! I'm new to the fountain pen. Had been a silent reader here for some time, hehehe

Currently using some cheap FP called HOVER from a vintage store at tokopedia. I bought it mostly because it comes with a bottle of vintage violet Quink. But I also bough Pelikan 4001 green, Quink Blue-Black and Quink Red, just because.... :P

Still waiting for my Pilot MR and Pilot black ink from tokopedia seller that mentioned in prevevious conversation here. I also bought some very cheap Pilot Vpen there. I know it's disposable FP but I can't pass the opportunity for under 15k FP, I bought all color available there. Maybe I should stop buying FP stuff this month XD

we all will have the same experience! oh, i don't really like the hover pen, it's feel cheap and the nib is very scratchy i need to align the nib first to find a better smoothness. right now, the hover been modify with some nib, but failed haha.

the vpen aka varsity can be refilled, watch some tutor in youtube you'll get some method. what is the nib of vpen? is it F ? i'f i am not wrong the nib is similar to pilot petit1, i own pilot petit in F nib but i see it size is like the pilot mr M nib -_-

Well its better in the terms of design and portability (no caps and all) and it has more flex to it (14kt Gold Nib ftw) and besides its not a german pen if its not an overengineered pen like a Lamy 3 (seriously this pen has more moving mechanisims than an average twist pen)

oh i wish i own a capless one, it's so elegan without a cap haha

Hi all, I just received a wingsung (lucky) 659 demonstrator fountain pen from aliexpress. It's shape is very much the same as pilot 78g. I got the pen with 2 nibs, EF and F. A nice pen with inexpensive price for about 170k rupiah.

so tempted to buy a demonstrator pen, bought noodlers ahab, and realize how i don't really like it :(

Selamat siang,

I lived in Indonesia for awhile. Nice country, but not many fountain pens.

Are there people who are making them?

we all will have the same experience! oh, i don't really like the hover pen, it's feel cheap and the nib is very scratchy i need to align the nib first to find a better smoothness. right now, the hover been modify with some nib, but failed haha.

the vpen aka varsity can be refilled, watch some tutor in youtube you'll get some method. what is the nib of vpen? is it F ? i'f i am not wrong the nib is similar to pilot petit1, i own pilot petit in F nib but i see it size is like the pilot mr M nib -_-

oh i wish i own a capless one, it's so elegan without a cap haha

so tempted to buy a demonstrator pen, bought noodlers ahab, and realize how i don't really like it :(

Where did you buy the noodler's ahab? How much?

@penacoba

what didnt you like about the noodler's ahab?

well, the smell. it stink so bad, i am ashamed to bring it to class because it smell. and of course, the term of "flexible" is not real thing in this pen haha.

at first i wanted so bad to buy a demo pen, i can hold the poison. then i realize i need a flex pen, i grind some of my nib but nothing success. then i saw this noodler's ahab, clear demo+flex. when i try it for the first time, my mod flex nib is much better than noodlers ahab nib haha.

i've read some review and they tell about the "flex" nib on ahab a little bit curious then i found my self regret to bought it :((

the worst pen i ever have, much worse than the hover fountain pens

i am not sure if the smell really bothering to someone but for me, it is.

Where did you buy the noodler's ahab? How much?

found 2nd in kaskus for 200rb and it's not worth to spend that much :((

Selamat siang,

I lived in Indonesia for awhile. Nice country, but not many fountain pens.

Are there people who are making them?

not sure if there is any. but so far i know that there is some parker fake pen around here not sure if it's from china or indonesian made

I agree the hover pen feel really cheap, but the pen that I got write quite nicely and not too scratchy. I like it better when I use the pelican brilliant green than the quink violet.

I know the vpen can be refilled with some trick, that's why I bought it heheh :P

from my writing test compared with the hover pen, I think the vpen is more likely on the medium size nib. I don't know, maybe because I use it on cheap old notebook, and the ink on vpen is noticeably wetter than pelikan ink (Vpen ink feathering is very evident on the paper).

Spending the night wiping paint with nail polish remover on Vpen barrel to get some 'demonstrator' look :D

well, the smell. it stink so bad, i am ashamed to bring it to class because it smell. and of course, the term of "flexible" is not real thing in this pen haha.

at first i wanted so bad to buy a demo pen, i can hold the poison. then i realize i need a flex pen, i grind some of my nib but nothing success. then i saw this noodler's ahab, clear demo+flex. when i try it for the first time, my mod flex nib is much better than noodlers ahab nib haha.

i've read some review and they tell about the "flex" nib on ahab a little bit curious then i found my self regret to bought it :((

the worst pen i ever have, much worse than the hover fountain pens

i am not sure if the smell really bothering to someone but for me, it is.

found 2nd in kaskus for 200rb and it's not worth to spend that much :((

my wingsung 659 also has a problem, the nib is too dry, it only works with darker color. I tried it with blue quink and the ink becomes too thin. A nice looking pen, but not a great nib :mellow:

not sure if there is any. but so far i know that there is some parker fake pen around here not sure if it's from china or indonesian made

Too bad. In India there are some very good fountain pen makers. It would be nice if there is one in Indonesia.

I agree the hover pen feel really cheap, but the pen that I got write quite nicely and not too scratchy. I like it better when I use the pelican brilliant green than the quink violet.

I know the vpen can be refilled with some trick, that's why I bought it heheh :P

from my writing test compared with the hover pen, I think the vpen is more likely on the medium size nib. I don't know, maybe because I use it on cheap old notebook, and the ink on vpen is noticeably wetter than pelikan ink (Vpen ink feathering is very evident on the paper).

Spending the night wiping paint with nail polish remover on Vpen barrel to get some 'demonstrator' look :D

did the polish trick on my platinum preppy haha!

my wingsung 659 also has a problem, the nib is too dry, it only works with darker color. I tried it with blue quink and the ink becomes too thin. A nice looking pen, but not a great nib :mellow:

maybe the feed is not really filled with ink, since it's a demo you can see the feed filled with ink and the fin. i find my preppy dry at first but then after the feed filled, it write much better and no skipping.

i just inked my pilot petit1 and the feed not fully filled, but it write good :D

post-125105-0-28162100-1458234066_thumb.jpg

Too bad. In India there are some very good fountain pen makers. It would be nice if there is one in Indonesia.

yes, India have so many penmakers and ink makers too! -_-

Hi there! Saya juga orang indonesia (lahir jakarta) but I'm living in Europe now.

Glad to see a thread from Indonesian fountain pen users. Ever since i was 8 studying at an elementary school in Jakarta i was required to use a fountain pen. Of course there are years gap that i haven't used fountain pen anymore.

My first one was Parker 51,given by my parents. I broke it and then i also had several hero fountain pens that i bought at a warung near by my house. Several yes! I broke each of them,bought a new one, broke it again and again LOL.

I now have Parker Vector and IM, hero 616 (for the sake of my childhood memory), Noodler's Ahab, Visconti Rembrandt and a few Chinese fountain pens with no brand (i don't use them)

Edited by Schadenfreude

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

Hi there! Saya juga orang indonesia (lahir jakarta) but I'm living in Europe now.

Glad to see a thread from Indonesian fountain pen users. Ever since i was 8 studying at an elementary school in Jakarta i was required to use a fountain pen. Of course there are years gap that i haven't used fountain pen anymore.

My first one was Parker 51,given by my parents. I broke it and then i also had several hero fountain pens that i bought at a warung near by my house. Several yes! I broke each of them,bought a new one, broke it again and again LOL.

I now have Parker Vector and IM, hero 616 (for the sake of my childhood memory), Noodler's Ahab, Visconti Rembrandt and a few Chinese fountain pens with no brand (i don't use them)

for the sake of childhood memory, wish i have somekind of memory in the past about fountain pen haha.

So, you added the colour blue to the Indonesian flag and a German name.

Why aren't many Indonesians using a fountain pen? Maybe we should hand out fountain pens for free.

So, you added the colour blue to the Indonesian flag and a German name.

Why aren't many Indonesians using a fountain pen? Maybe we should hand out fountain pens for free.

You know that it's none of our fault that Indonesian flag is derived from a torn Dutch flag, the Dutch never added it. And no, I'm not in Germany

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

You know that it's none of our fault that Indonesian flag is derived from a torn Dutch flag, the Dutch never added it. And no, I'm not in Germany

Schade und Freude, now I understand it :)