Pen Aficionados In Jakarta/indonesia - Anybody?

TomJKT

Hi Everyone!

Happy to see fountain penners in jakarta

Hey does anyone know where I can get some silicon grease & wrench locally?

need to grease my piston filler

Cheers

Nick

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penacoba

• jeremychris

• Walter-W

• Joseph279

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Akhirnya ada juga yg dari Indonesia. Saya Joseph dari Surabaya. Here we have a store that sell old fountains pen like Pelikan, Sheaffer, Montblanc, etc.

Edited by Joseph279

Just wanna share something to you guys. for those looking for a fountain pen friendly , simple looking and affordable notebook indonesia, you can grab the front notebooks from gramedia , it costs just around 20000++ for the a6 one (154 pages) , 36000 for the a5 one (96 pages) and the 154 sheets a5 notebook cost around 46000 if i remember correctly, it's a really nice notebook honestly , no feathering, no bleedthrough, smooth and looks kinda professional and easily found in indonesia. But the paper smells kinda funny though...post-127757-0-06966300-1456243806_thumb.jpegpost-127757-0-25440900-1456243823_thumb.jpegpost-127757-0-07125500-1456243883_thumb.jpeg

Akhirnya ada juga yg dari Indonesia. Saya Joseph dari Surabaya. Here we have a store that sell old fountains pen like Pelikan, Sheaffer, Montblanc, etc.

Hello , welcome here :) , glad to see another fountain pen lover from indonesia, is there any place that sells vintage flex pen in surabaya??

Just wanna share something to you guys. for those looking for a fountain pen friendly , simple looking and affordable notebook indonesia, you can grab the front notebooks from gramedia , it costs just around 20000++ for the a6 one (154 pages) , 36000 for the a5 one (96 pages) and the 154 sheets a5 notebook cost around 46000 if i remember correctly, it's a really nice notebook honestly , no feathering, no bleedthrough, smooth and looks kinda professional and easily found in indonesia. But the paper smells kinda funny though...attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

this is the exact notebook that I use for meeting

but I don't really like the bigger one because the paper is thinner than this (I think), and it's more expensive too

@jeremychris

yeah someone in the forum have used the brand they sell @ tokopedia and have bad result. they stick due to the compound in them.

i'm guessing they are not 100% silicone grease?

any other idea?

Cheers

Hi all, I'm new here and from Surabaya. Have been use FP for around 1 year, and I love it. Glad to find community in Indonesia. It's so hard to find FP variety in Indonesia... Same with Wendywu, I'm looking for a flex pen, where I can find it in Surabaya? Some shops I know are TGA and Gramedia don't sell it.

Cheers,

Hello , welcome here :) , glad to see another fountain pen lover from indonesia, is there any place that sells vintage flex pen in surabaya??

Hi Everyone!

Happy to see fountain penners in jakarta

Hey does anyone know where I can get some silicon grease & wrench locally?

need to grease my piston filler

Cheers

Nick

Hey Nick, perhaps you can search it in tokopedia. I saw a few sellers that sell silicone grease :)

i am not sure to buy a silicone grease in online store, to afraid that the silicone grease contains additive :( yup i need a silicone grease to make an eyedropper platinum preppy and pilot petit1. hehe

Hi all, I'm new here and from Surabaya. Have been use FP for around 1 year, and I love it. Glad to find community in Indonesia. It's so hard to find FP variety in Indonesia... Same with Wendywu, I'm looking for a flex pen, where I can find it in Surabaya? Some shops I know are TGA and Gramedia don't sell it.

Cheers,

the same question here!

i think i need to buy some flex nib haha. been watching Noodlers ahab for a while, i think this is great for beginner flex nib like me.

it's been a while but my last spent go to 9 small pens including pilot petit1 and colibri disney fountain pen!

12748170_236763576665492_2020044688_n.jp

@penacoba

Hey I found some silicon grease at a dive shop (Sea pearl dive shop) in grogol

Brand is TRIDENT

Grease is clear, been in the pen a couple of days now with no signs of trouble.

Cheers

Nick

@penacoba

Hey I found some silicon grease at a dive shop (Sea pearl dive shop) in grogol

Brand is TRIDENT

Grease is clear, been in the pen a couple of days now with no signs of trouble.

Cheers

Nick

too bad i live in batam :( i'll try to ask them directly hope they can ship it to batam. how much did you pay?

@penacoba Rp126k from memory

they had it discounted from 150?

batam should have diveshops around? maybe try them first?

@penacoba Rp126k from memory

they had it discounted from 150?

batam should have diveshops around? maybe try them first?

tried to ask some dive shop/services and they don't have it. maybe i just should buy it in singapore if i go there hehe. so,what pen did you use to greased? did you manage to open the piston filler? i own pelikan m250 that have a ink residue inbetween the piston and the thread. i am scared to open it so i just let it be haha

Yeah i had to ask a few shops before locating one.

I used it on my m1005 demonstrator. Yeah opened up the piston. Dismantled everything, soaked it for a few days. Still have a little residue on it, but doesnt bother me too much.

It's pretty easy to dismantle. The golden rule is not to force anything. Everything is fitted nicely.

Yeah i had to ask a few shops before locating one.

I used it on my m1005 demonstrator. Yeah opened up the piston. Dismantled everything, soaked it for a few days. Still have a little residue on it, but doesnt bother me too much.

It's pretty easy to dismantle. The golden rule is not to force anything. Everything is fitted nicely.

i think i should get the silicone grease first then going to give a try ahaha.

any of you use water resistant ink for drawing with watercolor?

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum,didn't expect there are a Fountain Pen Forum with Indonesian members... so i guess i should say Hello and Introduce my self, I'm a Lamy fan, well my first 2 FPs are Lamy's (Safari, Dialog 3 (Schwarz)), and currently is a college student.

So, hi from Jakarta I guess

Edited by Walter-W

Btw, anyone here ever ordered any Pens from abroad? (Amazon or other websites) because I'm trying to order a Waterman Perspective and a Lamy 2000 from amazon, but the Customs (bea cukai) situation in Indonesia is really Unclear and i don't want to get an extra 1 Million in tax for these already expensive pens.

So, anyone who have ordered a pen From amazon or from other websites, do you have any trouble with Indonesian customs or not?

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum,didn't expect there are a Fountain Pen Forum with Indonesian members... so i guess i should say Hello and Introduce my self, I'm a Lamy fan, well my first 2 FPs are Lamy's (Safari, Dialog 3 (Schwarz)), and currently is a college student.

So, hi from Jakarta I guess

hi and welcome!

how dialog 3 writes? better than safari?

Btw, anyone here ever ordered any Pens from abroad? (Amazon or other websites) because I'm trying to order a Waterman Perspective and a Lamy 2000 from amazon, but the Customs (bea cukai) situation in Indonesia is really Unclear and i don't want to get an extra 1 Million in tax for these already expensive pens.

So, anyone who have ordered a pen From amazon or from other websites, do you have any trouble with Indonesian customs or not?

haha the customs is a real nightmare! never did overseas online purchasing. hope others can help you!