Pen Aficionados In Jakarta/indonesia - Anybody?

TomJKT

is there any fake ink? saw this post http://fjb.kaskus.co.id/product/533e73a741cb17755c8b45d5/tinta-parker they sell for real cheap -_-

went to singapore and buy one bottle of Waterman Harmounious Green Ink for 15SGD :D

i think singapore is doing some christmas sale, i bought the ink in parker bazaar stand and right beside it there was a lamy stand. but they don't sell any ink

12313604_10206438555055682_7836376280702

Ah, yes. There's an impulse to buy anything related to fountain pen, but trust me, you'll develop your own preferences of what an ideal fountain pen might be.

Well, I can recommend you some Jinhaos: 159, X450 and X750. They are Chinese and the quality is something beyond its price. Try to hit Lazada and order some. :)

i don't know why, but i am not too confident buying via lazada :((

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penacoba

• jeremychris

• Walter-W

• fuadhilmy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!

I just purchased my first fountain pen : Pilot Metropolitan Medium from Tokopedia last week. So far, I'm loving it.

Much to my surprise though, the ink cartridge provided had run out after I used the pen for about a week. So I'm looking for a reputable source to purchase the ink for now. I tried purchasing from the seller penacoba mentioned, so I'll be back later within this week to report about the ink I purchased.

Do you guys have any reliable sources where I can look for other models of fountain pens and its inks in Jakarta? Well, preferably an offline store, so I can browse the items more carefully.

Edited by raiteiboy

Hi all, if you come to Ho Chi Minh drop a message if I'm in the city it will be a pleasure to meet Fountain Pen aficionados.

Julio

Hi!

I just purchased my first fountain pen : Pilot Metropolitan Medium from Tokopedia last week. So far, I'm loving it.

Much to my surprise though, the ink cartridge provided had run out after I used the pen for about a week. So I'm looking for a reputable source to purchase the ink for now. I tried purchasing from the seller penacoba mentioned, so I'll be back later within this week to report about the ink I purchased.

Do you guys have any reliable sources where I can look for other models of fountain pens and its inks in Jakarta? Well, preferably an offline store, so I can browse the items more carefully.

pilot metropolitan is a nice pen for starter, and i think i will get pilot metropolitan after i try every pen that i bought.haha

ah, if you want to try, i found an instagram shop @craftic_store i never ordered one from them but seems to be a good online shop.

have you tried gramedia ? they sell parker quink for 80rb. probably kinokuniya have some too, since in singapore kinokuniya sell some ink and pen. probably you will find parker in offline store, but worth to try.

and if you want some nice plastic pen, there are some Pelikan Pelikano made of 1988 with F nib in OLX site, i've bought 4 of them and feel ok for 60rb each!

Edited by penacoba

Hi everyone!

Surabaya here. I'm very interested in the fountain pen world and want to purchase my first fountain pen. However, i don't have high budget because i'm still student. Can you guys recommend good fountain pen with affordable price and good for daily basis (school work ) ?

Hi!

Can you PM me the link from tokopedia :) ?

Hi,

My name is Bimo, I'm a fountain pen user since 2006, I live in Jakarta, Tebet area, work around Senayan. I'm new on this group (or discussion forum), very happy to know there is some one have the same interest in Jakarta. Looking forward to meet and discuss about fountain pen.

Part of my introduction, here is some of my fountain pen resume:

1. First fountain pen is Waterman Hemisphere (hope spell it right)
  2. Parker Realto, Vector (many barrel design and nibs), and some more parker that i forgot the type.
  3. Sailor
  4. Ero (old brand, find new in some old book store)
  5. Pelican Level
  6. Lamy Safari
  7. Lamy Viesta, Nexx
  8. Sheafer
  9. Faber Castel Loom
  10. ...

And many more (cannot mention it all), lately i purchase a lot of Chinese fountain pen (Hero, Jinhao, Baoer) (try to upload the image but i don't know how).

My ink are mostly Quink (because it cheap and easy to find in Indonesia), i have try Sheaffer, Lamy, and some Pilot Ink.

I like to switch Nib and converter.

Please contact me if any one want to meet or discuss about fountain pen.

Thank you,

Bimo

Hi everyone!

Surabaya here. I'm very interested in the fountain pen world and want to purchase my first fountain pen. However, i don't have high budget because i'm still student. Can you guys recommend good fountain pen with affordable price and good for daily basis (school work ) ?

Can you PM me the link from tokopedia :) ?

well, i am new too in this fountain pen world, i watched a youtube from goulet pen about 5 pen for beginner, and there are platinum preppy, Pilot varsity, pilot metropolitan, jinhao x750, lamy safari.

i try to get all this list because i am beginner too! right now i own platinum preppy and lamy al-star (well this is the same as lamy safari) but i still not using it because i am using another pen right now i will using it later after this one finished.

you can buy lamy safari in gramedia i think or try contact Lamy Indonesia facebook, it'll cost around 600rb.

for platinum preppy you can pre-order from craftic store in instagram, right now they listed platinum preppy (60rb), pilot kakuno (200rb), and pilot petit1.

if you want you can try Pelikan Pelikano (1988) from olx http://olx.co.id/iklan/pelikano-fountain-pen-ID6MQC3.html#c1d6cadb95 bought 4 from him @60rb it's such a bargain. i am using the pen right now, i think it's quiet good, it's a wet pen so if you use a cheap paper the ink will bleeding through the paper. but if you use a good paper, it will run awesome!

Hi,

My name is Bimo, I'm a fountain pen user since 2006, I live in Jakarta, Tebet area, work around Senayan. I'm new on this group (or discussion forum), very happy to know there is some one have the same interest in Jakarta. Looking forward to meet and discuss about fountain pen.

2. Parker Realto, Vector (many barrel design and nibs), and some more parker that i forgot the type.
  3. Sailor
  5. Pelican Level
  6. Lamy Safari
  7. Lamy Viesta, Nexx
  8. Sheafer
  9. Faber Castel Loom
  10. ...

And many more (cannot mention it all), lately i purchase a lot of Chinese fountain pen (Hero, Jinhao, Baoer) (try to upload the image but i don't know how).

My ink are mostly Quink (because it cheap and easy to find in Indonesia), i have try Sheaffer, Lamy, and some Pilot Ink.

Thank you,

Bimo

hi! you've been in this fountain pen world long enough dude haha

tell me more about Ero pen, i just bought one and waiting it to come.

Hi everybody!

I'm from Jakarta. I just started using fountain pen about a month ago.

My first pen was Pilot MR bought from Tokopedia, I also have an Ero from my uncle and I bought a Jinhao 250. So far I like the Pilot and Ero, maybe because I have small handwriting.

Jinhao 250 is somehow too wet and too broad for me

Is there any store in Jakarta that sells cheap fountain pens?

Hi everybody!

My first pen was Pilot MR bought from Tokopedia, I also have an Ero from my uncle and I bought a Jinhao 250. So far I like the Pilot and Ero, maybe because I have small handwriting.

i just saw the Pilot MR (metropolitan) in Tokopedia and it's very cheap! can't hold my self to not buy it :(

i just saw the Pilot MR (metropolitan) in Tokopedia and it's very cheap! can't hold my self to not buy it :(

Agree! Pilot is a good pen indeed. I hope there will be other types of Pilot coming in Tokopedia.

Agree! Pilot is a good pen indeed. I hope there will be other types of Pilot coming in Tokopedia.

ahah i PM-ed the seller and they said they have some pilot kakuno, i try to get it from them. can't believe that they sell a very cheap MR though.

can't wait for my pen but unfortunately the pilot mr will wait a long queue to use -_-

ahah i PM-ed the seller and they said they have some pilot kakuno, i try to get it from them. can't believe that they sell a very cheap MR though.

can't wait for my pen but unfortunately the pilot mr will wait a long queue to use -_-

Is kakuno a good pen? You should try your MR as soon as it arrives ;)

what pen do you use now?

Is kakuno a good pen? You should try your MR as soon as it arrives ;)

what pen do you use now?

well, kakuno i think is fine for newbie and it's a cheap pen haha. the pen was made to aim student market, so i think it's not a very good one as metropolitan.

right now i have 4 pen inked they are Parker Frontier inked with Pelikan Royal Blue, Sheaffer Imperial ii inked with Lamy Black,both i use for writing. Pelikan Pelikano inked with Manuscript Sephia Cartridge i use for sketching even i am not that good on sketching haha. and Hero pen inked with Pelikan Royal Blue,i don't know the model, i modified it with parker 41 nib, this one for back up pen. haha

after i finished some of the pen maybe i will use pilot mr haha but i don't know i have some pen need to try -_-

well, kakuno i think is fine for newbie and it's a cheap pen haha. the pen was made to aim student market, so i think it's not a very good one as metropolitan.

right now i have 4 pen inked they are Parker Frontier inked with Pelikan Royal Blue, Sheaffer Imperial ii inked with Lamy Black,both i use for writing. Pelikan Pelikano inked with Manuscript Sephia Cartridge i use for sketching even i am not that good on sketching haha. and Hero pen inked with Pelikan Royal Blue,i don't know the model, i modified it with parker 41 nib, this one for back up pen. haha

after i finished some of the pen maybe i will use pilot mr haha but i don't know i have some pen need to try -_-

where did you get all those ink from? Is there any store that sells ink or did you get it online?

where did you get all those ink from? Is there any store that sells ink or did you get it online?

some ink i got from second hand store in Batam, some i bought in Singapore, since it's nearer to singapore than to another big city in Indonesia. hhe

i found that in tokopedia someone selling sheaffer skrip ink https://www.tokopedia.com/tokoanakraja/tintaink-sheaffer-50ml-bottle-blackblue

also someone selling old parker quink ink https://www.tokopedia.com/search?st=product&q=parker+tinta&sc=0 i am interested with the Red Quink but not so sure will buy it or not since i own pelikan brilliant red.

some ink i got from second hand store in Batam, some i bought in Singapore, since it's nearer to singapore than to another big city in Indonesia. hhe

i found that in tokopedia someone selling sheaffer skrip ink https://www.tokopedia.com/tokoanakraja/tintaink-sheaffer-50ml-bottle-blackblue

also someone selling old parker quink ink https://www.tokopedia.com/search?st=product&q=parker+tinta&sc=0 i am interested with the Red Quink but not so sure will buy it or not since i own pelikan brilliant red.

I just bought the blue black quink at tokopedia :lol:

and i just got my Pilot Metropolitan from tokopedia. my parker frontier ink already empty and i am confuse to use what pen next haha i think i will use Lamy Al-Star for my everyday carry pen..

Hi guys,

sorry I just returned to this forum after a while. Oh yeah, the seller mentioned by Penacoba on the above sells original parker quick ink for just 35k. I also bought one from Gramedia and they write exactly the same.

Hi,

3. Sailor
  5. Pelican Level
  6. Lamy Safari
  7. Lamy Viesta, Nexx
  8. Sheafer
  9. Faber Castel Loom
  10. ...

Thank you,

Bimo

Wow, Bimo, you sure have a lot of them! Me myself now only have 3, although I am adding some more pens to my collection as of now.

I am in Jakarta as well, maybe we can set up a gathering some other time?

Hi everybody!

Hi Jeremy,

I also bought the same pen as you did. How do you like it? I am quite fond of it, although now that I just realized that the pen and the nib has to be thoroughly cleaned to ensure the ink consistency is maintained whenever you write with one.

Well, I suppose we can find some in old bookstores, maybe somewhere in Senen or any other traditional marketplace. Haven't had any time to visit those places, though.

How do you like the blue black ink, btw? I am thinking of buying one and also the Pilot ink sold by the same Pilot Metropolitan seller. Is there a chance that perhaps you have bought the pilot ink?

Hi Jeremy,

I also bought the same pen as you did. How do you like it? I am quite fond of it, although now that I just realized that the pen and the nib has to be thoroughly cleaned to ensure the ink consistency is maintained whenever you write with one.

Well, I suppose we can find some in old bookstores, maybe somewhere in Senen or any other traditional marketplace. Haven't had any time to visit those places, though.

How do you like the blue black ink, btw? I am thinking of buying one and also the Pilot ink sold by the same Pilot Metropolitan seller. Is there a chance that perhaps you have bought the pilot ink?

I like the Pilot Metropolitan, it writes smoothly. I have no problem using it.

Thanks for the advice, maybe next time I'll visit those places

The blue black ink works perfect for me, I really like the color. I use with with my Ero pen

Yes you're right, I bought the Pilot black ink from the same seller. I use it with the Pilot Metropolitan and I think it's nice. Too bad they only have black ink.

well, i am new too in this fountain pen world, i watched a youtube from goulet pen about 5 pen for beginner, and there are platinum preppy, Pilot varsity, pilot metropolitan, jinhao x750, lamy safari.

i try to get all this list because i am beginner too! right now i own platinum preppy and lamy al-star (well this is the same as lamy safari) but i still not using it because i am using another pen right now i will using it later after this one finished.

you can buy lamy safari in gramedia i think or try contact Lamy Indonesia facebook, it'll cost around 600rb.

for platinum preppy you can pre-order from craftic store in instagram, right now they listed platinum preppy (60rb), pilot kakuno (200rb), and pilot petit1.

if you want you can try Pelikan Pelikano (1988) from olx http://olx.co.id/iklan/pelikano-fountain-pen-ID6MQC3.html#c1d6cadb95 bought 4 from him @60rb it's such a bargain. i am using the pen right now, i think it's quiet good, it's a wet pen so if you use a cheap paper the ink will bleeding through the paper. but if you use a good paper, it will run awesome!

thank you for the reply! i just bought my first fountain pen which is jinhao 126 with fine nib from Lazada, I think it was pretty cheap and because i like the slim design, i just bought it right away. I already used this for almost a week but this pen gives lines that too big for me. I heard that the japanese fountain pens have smaller nib. So i would buy Pilot MR soon, hopefully this pen can handle my small handwriting :D

What kind of paper do you guys use? I use a normal textbook but you kind of see through the writing on the other side of the page. it makes me to think to write with fountain pen :unsure: