Pen Aficionados In Jakarta/indonesia - Anybody?

TomJKT

Schade und Freude, now I understand it :)

LOL it was a shop selling 3d toys. It contradicts with what it means

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penacoba

• jeremychris

• Walter-W

• Joseph279

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL it was a shop selling 3d toys. It contradicts with what it means

There is a Dutch word for it as well, I think. What would it be in Indonesian? Kesenangan berbahaya?

There is a Dutch word for it as well, I think. What would it be in Indonesian? Kesenangan berbahaya?

Would be anything that means "kesenangan atau kepuasan tersendiri terhadap ketidak berhasilan orang lain"

Dutch i think schadenvreugde

Edited by Schadenfreude

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

In Dutch it is 'leedvermaak'. That is a long Indonesian sentence! It's a nice language and I speak it sedikit.

Learning languages while using fountain pens is one of my hobby's. Nice talking to you!

In Dutch it is 'leedvermaak'. That is a long Indonesian sentence! It's a nice language and I speak it sedikit.

Learning languages while using fountain pens is one of my hobby's. Nice talking to you!

Well, Dutch is my daily language :) nice talking to you too

Btw, to me, the word schadenfreude sounds better than leedvermaak. I don't like the Dutch translation of it hehe!

Btw, to me, the word schadenfreude sounds better than leedvermaak. I don't like the Dutch translation of it hehe!

I agree!

• 2 weeks later...

So are there any more meetups for FPN in Jakarta? I'd love to join in! Am a new FP user, learning a bit of calligraphy too.

Also would anyone know if there's any locally made fountain pens in indonesia/jakarta?

cheers!

Adit

hey, does anyone here has experience of using either a full flex or a semi-flex or has a Namiki Maki-e pen? I'm considering to get either a Pilot Justus 95 or a lower-end model of a Namiki Maki-e pens on my trip to Japan in next 4 months.

• 2 weeks later...

just want to say hi, found this thread while searching fp on google. i'm bandung citizen ;)

i'm no fountain pen user, at least not for now. i do have a sz. leqi france pen (pretty sure its made in china) i haven't inked yet. if you have time, please go to my thread and help me find my first pen https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/306467-need-fp-suggestion-finest-stroke-for-drawing/

as for indonesian pen seller, i might go to smartyhands.com as i have ordered some art supplies there and had a very great experience. they sell cheaper than other seller, you can request almost any goods you want from japan (they have affiliation there and are happy to expand their goods range) and what's more, you don't have to pay customs and shipping from japan!

Hey guys, this is some of my collection, for now I can only afford the low range fountain pens, some of them I got from the flea market.

From left to right:

Pilot metropolitan, baoer 3035, parker 25, Ero, parker vector, jinhao x450, pilot birdie

post-127368-0-25808800-1459931142_thumb.jpg

just want to say hi, found this thread while searching fp on google. i'm bandung citizen ;)

i'm no fountain pen user, at least not for now. i do have a sz. leqi france pen (pretty sure its made in china) i haven't inked yet. if you have time, please go to my thread and help me find my first pen https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/306467-need-fp-suggestion-finest-stroke-for-drawing/

as for indonesian pen seller, i might go to smartyhands.com as i have ordered some art supplies there and had a very great experience. they sell cheaper than other seller, you can request almost any goods you want from japan (they have affiliation there and are happy to expand their goods range) and what's more, you don't have to pay customs and shipping from japan!

Hi aabram, welcome to the thread.

I have ordered once from smartyhands, the pilot con-20 converter. I agree, the price was cheaper from other sellers. But they don't have many options for fountain pens I guess..

Hi aabram, welcome to the thread.

I have ordered once from smartyhands, the pilot con-20 converter. I agree, the price was cheaper from other sellers. But they don't have many options for fountain pens I guess..

there is an option to 'request product' to add unlisted item to their site. i've used it to order kuru toga, some brush pen, uniball signo, and pilot parallel pen. you can try that out. anyway, where did you get that pilot birdie? i'm interested to pair one with my moleskine :)

Hey guys, this is some of my collection, for now I can only afford the low range fountain pens, some of them I got from the flea market.

From left to right:

Pilot metropolitan, baoer 3035, parker 25, Ero, parker vector, jinhao x450, pilot birdie

From what flea market did you get the Parker 25? and how much did you pay for it? It's worth around 35$-40$ish on e-bay on great condition, and some re-released by parker at 79$ ish, kinda wanna try buying pens from flea market, for collecting vintages and discontinued pens :b

there is an option to 'request product' to add unlisted item to their site. i've used it to order kuru toga, some brush pen, uniball signo, and pilot parallel pen. you can try that out. anyway, where did you get that pilot birdie? i'm interested to pair one with my moleskine :)

Do you have to pay extra for the request? I got the pilot birdie from my uncle. I think he got it from kebayoran lama or pasar taman puring. We usually go there to search vintage fountain pens

From what flea market did you get the Parker 25? and how much did you pay for it? It's worth around 35$-40$ish on e-bay on great condition, and some re-released by parker at 79$ ish, kinda wanna try buying pens from flea market, for collecting vintages and discontinued pens :b

I got it at kebayoran lama for less than 50k. Sometimes they have vintage pens in good condition. But you have to be patient to look for it :)

By the way, does the parker counter at gramedia sell parker 25 parts? I think I need to replace the nib or the section because everytime I put the cap on, the ink leaks in the cap. So I have to clean it everytime I want to use it

Do you have to pay extra for the request? I got the pilot birdie from my uncle. I think he got it from kebayoran lama or pasar taman puring. We usually go there to search vintage fountain pens

I got it at kebayoran lama for less than 50k. Sometimes they have vintage pens in good condition. But you have to be patient to look for it :)

By the way, does the parker counter at gramedia sell parker 25 parts? I think I need to replace the nib or the section because everytime I put the cap on, the ink leaks in the cap. So I have to clean it everytime I want to use it

Unfortunately,no. from my research, Parker 25, was discontinued in 2012 (no page of it in parker's website, only in collectors website), its now somewhat a vintage, a collectible pen (It's first produced in 1972), they still sell parts for it online tho (Import only)

P.S is the flea market the one infront of/ near kebayoran station? seen some vendors have cups full of pens

Edited by Walter-W

Well try seeing the nib under a magnifying glass/loupe maybe the ink flow (the strip in the nib is too wide, i fixed my Hero 901 nib problem ( Nib is really Horrible, bends permanently when flexed) by pushing both sides of the nib towards each other and by flexing it upside down (reverse the pen upside down and flex it a bit)and it worked , dunno if that would work to a proper Stainless steel Nib from Parker. (dont do it if you are not really sure, it can damage your pen if done wrong, if you want to try it, do it gently)

Hi, and Welcome, i"ve read your thread, and it seems you are looking for a thin lined FP that have flex, so far from looking from your sample art (it's beautiful!)
I see that you are looking for a really thin line, like below 0.5 normal ballpoint size, well other than custom nibs from a nibmeister,one i can think of are Japanese FP's as European pens tend to run wide (Pilot and Platinum is quite affordable) EF Nibs (Japanese EF's are rare tho, most of them are pre-orders) and try getting 14k to 18k Nib for better Flexes, pens with good flex and small lines are like Justus 95 F nib
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2l1mIujIM&ab_channel=Nibsmith) (dunno if they have EF, review is on a M nib) which is somewhat a Semi-Flex (14k Nib) and has adjustable Hard (not really Flexible) and Soft (easier Flex) nib but is quite expensive (Y 30,000 in Japan and around $270 in amazon.com) or try visiting gouletpens.com, they have Full Flex Pens.

Hope this info Helps ;)

Comparison Between a Jetstream 0.38, to Pilot MR <M>, Lamy al-star <M>, and a Lamy Dialog 3 <M 14K> (Poor Paper BTW, I'm in my dorm, so don't have quality paper on hand)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/Walter_Orlando_Wijaya/WP_20160406_001_zpskwr8p1nu.jpg

Pilot Justus 95

http://www.pilot.co.jp/products/images/4_justus_a.jpg

http://www.pilot.co.jp/products/images/4_justus_b.jpg

P.S I've re read your thread, and you said that Nakaya's 150$ nibs are too expensive, so i guess $270 Justus 95 is way more expensive, try Noodler's ahab, 25$ full flex, tho only available shipped from the US

Edited by Walter-W

I got it at kebayoran lama for less than 50k.

nope, only the item's price. the only downside is you have to wait about 3 weeks or so before they arrived in indonesia.

50k??what a steal!! even for a bad one!

Hi, and Welcome, i"ve read your thread, and it seems you are looking for a thin lined FP that have flex, so far from looking from your sample art (it's beautiful!)

I see that you are looking for a really thin line, like below 0.5 normal ballpoint size, well other than custom nibs from a nibmeister,one i can think of are Japanese FP's as European pens tend to run wide (Pilot and Platinum is quite affordable) EF Nibs (Japanese EF's are rare tho, most of them are pre-orders) and try getting 14k to 18k Nib for better Flexes, pens with good flex and small lines are like Justus 95 F nib

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2l1mIujIM&ab_channel=Nibsmith) (dunno if they have EF, review is on a M nib) which is somewhat a Semi-Flex (14k Nib) and has adjustable Hard (not really Flexible) and Soft (easier Flex) nib but is quite expensive (Y 30,000 in Japan and around $270 in amazon.com) or try visiting gouletpens.com, they have Full Flex Pens.

Hope this info Helps ;)

Comparison Between a Jetstream 0.38, to Pilot MR <M>, Lamy al-star <M>, and a Lamy Dialog 3 <M 14K> (Poor Paper BTW, I'm in my dorm, so don't have quality paper on hand)

thanks! i think i actually looking for semi flex ef so i can easily control the line width (i don't really need big broad line like those vintage one make) . that justus is awesome though, cool looking nib and adjustable! i'll definitely buy that thing when i get some money to burn in the future ;)

nope, only the item's price. the only downside is you have to wait about 3 weeks or so before they arrived in indonesia.

50k??what a steal!! even for a bad one!

thanks! i think i actually looking for semi flex ef so i can easily control the line width (i don't really need big broad line like those vintage one make) . that justus is awesome though, cool looking nib and adjustable! i'll definitely buy that thing when i get some money to burn in the future ;)

Btw,additional info, I've just remembered a cheaper alternative to Justus, a pilot Falcon, just search for a comparison video on youtube, they are somewhat similar in flex, but with no adjustable nib and a Stainless steel nib and is 100$ cheaper than a Justus, btw Justus ia a 100th Year anniversary of Pilot pen company, and is a reproduction of an older model Justus, because its kinda special ed. dunno if it would be in the market for a really long time (Its been on the market for 2 Years, dunno until when it will be on market gonna check at Itoya, Tokyo on my trip on June).

Comparison Vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuWQ1jjDCoI&ab_channel=Nibsmith

Pilot Falcon (US Type Name) or Pilot Elabo/エラボ(JP Type Name)

http://www.pilot.co.jp/products/images/head.jpg

http://www.pilot.co.jp/products/images/4_elabo.jpg

They sell Antique F.Pens at taman puring? wow, didn't know that, I frequently visit the market on the basement since my house was near, and never saw a vintage seller other than a antique shop that sells random items, mostly I visit P.Mayestik's 2nd floor for Vintage items such as Vinyls