Pen Aficionados In Jakarta/indonesia - Anybody?

TomJKT

Hi all!

Am I the only one from Jakarta/Indonesia having an interest in pens?

Maybe I find some pen lovers in the "Big Durian" (nick name for Jakarta) to chit chat or even meet.

Best regards,

Tom

For sale: M625 red/silver, P395 gold, Delta Fellini.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penacoba

• jeremychris

• Walter-W

• Joseph279

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

If you make it to Bali one of these days, let me know. We can do a mini-pen meet on Jimbaran Bay over grilled seafood dinner. I'm very active in the Philippine pen group (FPN-P.org) and was a rather passive member in the Washington DC club while I was there, but dying for someone who understands my fountain pen habit :D

And if by chance you visit Manila, there is a very enthusiastic group there that would meet at the drop of a hat (what the heck does that mean and what is its origin?)

Cheers!

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

I'm from Jakarta too. Maybe we could all meet up someday. Apparently I haven't found any local FP communities here (not even in the largest Indonesian forum)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, everyone,

I'm from Jakarta, too. I have started my journey with fountain pens almost a year ago. I would like to get more information and networking in Jakarta, but, it seems that there is no FP local network yet. Please let me know if there is anything new.

I realized that there are not many stores carries various brand of Fountain pens/ink in Jakarta. I could see relatively limited selection/brand of Lamy, Montblanc, Sheaffer, Parker and Faber Castel in few stores, and selection of Ink is very limited to few brand with limited color. As I has been in Jakarta less than a year, I may not have enough information. If anyone have online/offline shop, please let me know. Thank you.

Hi TJpen,

I think I once found an online shop that sells low-end Parker as well as Chinese pens, their actual store is in Mangga Dua. Ink is another issue, and so far I think if you need specific inks you'll have to order online. No local nibmeisters/repairers that I've found so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo, saya baru gabung juga dari Indonesia.

Salam

Currently using Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black
On drawer Sailor Kuro-gaki (Japanese Black Persimmon Wood)
Wishlist
Sailor King of Pen
Pilot 743 FA nib

I have never seen people using fountain pen in Indonesia, ever. When my friends saw me using it, the first thing the asked is "it is leaked, isn't it?"

Currently using Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black
On drawer Sailor Kuro-gaki (Japanese Black Persimmon Wood)
Wishlist
Sailor King of Pen
Pilot 743 FA nib

• 1 month later...

Hi TJpen,

I think I once found an online shop that sells low-end Parker as well as Chinese pens, their actual store is in Mangga Dua. Ink is another issue, and so far I think if you need specific inks you'll have to order online. No local nibmeisters/repairers that I've found so far.

Hi, Reggie, thank you very much for the information.

I appreciate if you share name of online shop & store in Mangga Dua. I wonder whether they are selling a Chinese pens like Hero. I'm getting interested in Parker 51, and would like to use Hero 100 as alternative. :)

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I used to write with a Hero 100 back in my school days, unfortunately due to moving around a lot, it was lost along with my baggages. I'm not much into fancy pens, although I will have a Nakaya pen someday, I write with a very light hand, I prefer UEF - EF, 0.1 - 0.3 mm nibs, and I'm thinking to make my own fountain pen someday.

my collection so far has been a Faber-Castell Fine BASIC satin, a Lamy Safari Extra Fine, and what I use mostly these days is a Platinum Carbon Extra Fine. For inks, I choose Noodler's Black, and will order Platinum Carbon and Sailor Nano Kiwa guro ink.

in the search for the penultimate slim wooden black sumi urushi deskpen with a 0.1 mm UEF rhodium plated nib

Hi, KamenRitter,

Glad to know that you have experience with Hero 100. Wonder how the pen works.

I'm having difficulty to get various inks in Jakarta, and wonder where you will place order for Noodler's and Platiunm Carbon ink. is it outside of Jakarta. I appreciate if you share some online shop or offline shop in Jakarta.

I had been to sever bookstore or stationery shop (Gunug Agung, Office 2000, Paper clip, Kinokuniya, Gramedia) in shopping malls in Jakarta selatan. However, i was able to find Parker Quink, Lamy, Sheaffer and Faber castel only. So, wonder whether there will be any other alternative choice for offline shop or online shop.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi everyone. I used to write with a Hero 100 back in my school days, unfortunately due to moving around a lot, it was lost along with my baggages. I'm not much into fancy pens, although I will have a Nakaya pen someday, I write with a very light hand, I prefer UEF - EF, 0.1 - 0.3 mm nibs, and I'm thinking to make my own fountain pen someday.

my collection so far has been a Faber-Castell Fine BASIC satin, a Lamy Safari Extra Fine, and what I use mostly these days is a Platinum Carbon Extra Fine. For inks, I choose Noodler's Black, and will order Platinum Carbon and Sailor Nano Kiwa guro ink.

I'm having difficulty to get various inks in Jakarta, and wonder where you will place order for Noodler's and Platiunm Carbon ink. is it outside of Jakarta. I appreciate if you share some online shop or offline shop in Jakarta.

I had been to sever bookstore or stationery shop (Gunug Agung, Office 2000, Paper clip, Kinokuniya, Gramedia) in shopping malls in Jakarta selatan. However, i was able to find Parker Quink, Lamy, Sheaffer and Faber castel only. So, wonder whether there will be any other alternative choice for offline shop or online shop.

Jakarta has a limited selection indeed. I'm ordering online from sellers in Japan and have them delivered to Singapore in order to evade tax, or every once in a while, a wild Platinum Carbon Ink shows up in Tokyu Hands Westgate Mall. There's no hope of finding anything but Parker, Lamy, Sheaffer, and Faber-Castell inks here. I've read that Sailor has a distributor here, but I haven't got in contact with them. I'll let you know if they distribute Sailor Nano Kiwaguro inks.

in the search for the penultimate slim wooden black sumi urushi deskpen with a 0.1 mm UEF rhodium plated nib

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Shame on me, somehow I didn't receive all the posts to my first one here. Sorry.

Maybe we can meet in Jakarta one day?

It's a little difficult here to organize a group, so anybody who is interested, please PM me and I will try to fix a date for a meeting, ok?

Best,

Tom

• 2 months later...

hello, I'm from Medan. I'm new in this hobby.

pls help me. Does anyone know where can I buy Lamy safari in Medan?

its so hard to find it LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I would like to schedule a meeting. My wife runs a coffee shop in Gading Serpong near Summarecon Mall Serpong.

Maybe we can meet there.

Any suggestions when?

Best,

Thomas

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...