Nakaya Naka-Ai In Ao Tamenuri!

theswordguy

A while back, November-ish I think, I read a post about a Nakaya in Ao (blue-green) tamenuri someone saw at a Nakaya pen show (or clinic?). This is a tamenuri color I had been wishing was available so I immediately contacted nibs.com about it and they said they had some Ao tamenuri in the Naka-ai style already on order. I preordered one with a medium ruthenium nib and yesterday I received an email from nibs.com saying that my Naka-ai was ready! They didn't have pictures posted yesterday of the Ao tamenuri but they have them up today. The effect is similar to the kuro tamenuri where only the edges have color and the rest of the body looks black. Here's a link to the ao tamenuri page at nibs.com. I can't wait!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theswordguy

• ethernautrix

• trhall

• mirosc

Congratulations! Post some pictures when it gets here! :bunny01:

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Leigh Reyes has pictures of an ao-tamenuri on her blog.

I have linked that already somewhere here on FPN.

Nibs.com told me that it's possible that (similar to the blue dragon) the ao color can take quite a huge range from blue to turquoise to green (like it is with Leigh Reyes' pen, the preliminary pics from Nakaya themselves show the pen rather blue).

Edited by mirosc

Greetings,

Michael

It's a unique color. Depending on how the lights hit mine I just got today, it cn take on a robin's egg blue color, blue, patina blue, turquoise or green. Never seen any like it. Mine is remarkably subtle which pleases me. I have it on a Decapod Piccolo and like I say its fascinating.

Gorgeous! I think a decapod twist in ao-tamenuri is in my future...

OH!

That is gorgeous!

Oh no! *Budget panic*

Oh wow... want.

I can't even comment in full sentences, ha ha ha. That's a beautiful tamenuri... and in an Naka-ai... will I be able to resist the temptation? So hard!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Oh my, it's beatiful!! The color was not available when I bought my naka-ai in heki-tame. Else I would have seriously considert the ao.

Enjoy it! And please: Pictures!!

Favorite of the day: Nakaya Naka-ai Heki tame.

I ordered a similar pen: Nakaya Naka-ai Ao Tamenuri with ruthenium clip and EF nib. Hope you enjoy it! I'm in love with mine.

So pleased for you, Thomas! You have wanted this pen since before it was conceived...happyberet.gif

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

So pleased for you, Thomas! You have wanted this pen since before it was conceived...happyberet.gif

Thanks, Julie! I am extremely happy with the pen! So happy that Nakaya added this color combination.

I was excited before, and now I'm super duper excited!!!

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

I was excited before, and now I'm super duper excited!!!

Thanks, Josh, for letting me know about Ao Tamenuri so many months ago. It is worth the wait, you will love yours! The color is perfection.

That's what pen friends are for! :thumbup:

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

Finalized my order yesterday for a Naka-ai in ao-tamenuri, no clip, ruthenium plated nib in medium oblique cursive italic. YIPPEE!!

It was suggested that it would not be here before the end of April--at the earliest. I guess we all know what that means. :rolleyes: But I'm doing the happy dance anyway!

Finalized my order yesterday for a Naka-ai in ao-tamenuri, no clip, ruthenium plated nib in medium oblique cursive italic. YIPPEE!!

It was suggested that it would not be here before the end of April--at the earliest. I guess we all know what that means. :rolleyes: But I'm doing the happy dance anyway!

Big congratulations to everyone here waiting for (or having already received!) their ao tamenuris. It looks like a stunning color and effect! So happy for you! :) :) :)

If you take care of the minutes, the years will take care of themselves. -Tibetan saying.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

My Naka-ai (Naka-ao? :)) shipped on Tuesday. It still isn't here. I'm just being impatient but the military postal system is sloooooooow. In Europe at least.

I ordered a similar pen: Nakaya Naka-ai Ao Tamenuri with ruthenium clip and EF nib. Hope you enjoy it! I'm in love with mine.
It looks great. As soon as I saw the color I knew it had to have a ruthenium nib. I see I am not alone it that opinion.

It looks great. As soon as I saw the color I knew it had to have a ruthenium nib. I see I am not alone it that opinion.

Hope you don't mind me posting in your thread! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing photos of YOUR Naka-ai as well!

Hopefully the military postal system will get it to you soon. :)

Isn't it exciting when you finalize that order??? And that is exactly what I would order in ao-tamenuri if I didn't already a Naka-ai on order! Except maybe a little wider on the nib - please share photos when yours arrives!

Hope you don't mind me posting in your thread! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing photos of YOUR Naka-ai as well!

Hopefully the military postal system will get it to you soon. :)

I don't mind your posting. I just wish I had received my pen first. :) I'll post photos as soon as I can.