2013 Edison Morgan Le Group Buy!

204 members have voted

1. 1. What Ebonite Material?

• Mottled Green/Black
    • Mottled Red/Black
    • Briar Swirl
  2. 2. What Acrylic Material?

I hear everyone on the poll not allowing to vote for only one material.

Sorry about this. If there was a way to allow only one vote, I didn't see it. And I can't edit the poll now for some reason.

So right now, the Briar looks like a clear winner. If it stays this way until Monday morning, then let's make Briar the choice.

If the acrylic stays kind of close, then we can do a quick 2-3 day poll to get more definitive results.

Sound good?

I think that sounds good! Thanks Brian!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bgray

• Jimmy James

• GSteer

• kpfeifle

You'll find that the step on the Morgan is the same as the step on the Pearl. The distance to the section is also the same.

So if you find the Pearl to not be comfortable, this will be the same in the grip area.

Thanks, Brian. That's just the info I needed!

Greg

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

Very excited about all the nib choices! Thanks!

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

My guess is that the clipless admirers will eventually have their day at Edison. I'm guessing the chances of there being a group buy, production line pen, or special edition with a retailer clipless pen in the next 24 to 36 months is strong. There just appear to be too many people eager to work with Brian and too many clipless lovers around.

That said, I cannot conceive of buying a clipless pen.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

The ebonite looks like there is a clear favourite but the acrylics are currently split, and a change of vote may affect it. If we don't know when the deadline is we might not have the opportunity to change to our other preference.

I would be happy with either of the black acrylics with silver furniture, and I'm wondering how many others fall into that camp. If most folks were happy with, say, Midnight, the number of votes for that might outweigh the Cappuccino flake. Just throwing that out there.

-Andy

Hi, longtime lurker firsttime poster.

I wholeheartedly second Andy's idea - I think there's a Ross Perot in the acrylic mix here. I would really like to participate in this group buy but I won't if both offerings are brown pens.

Anyone who wants a clipless pen can buy a custom pen from Brian. Then you get to pick out your own material, too. The Mina pen is a beautiful pen that's only available without a clip, and I think it sells for $200. I have two.

Anyone who wants a clipless pen can buy a custom pen from Brian. Then you get to pick out your own material, too. The Mina pen is a beautiful pen that's only available without a clip, and I think it sells for $200. I have two.

Well yes that's also an option. The limited edition/group buy type thing is a bit different than that, though. I could just buy a Nouveau Premiere from Goulet if I wanted a nice Edison. It's cool knowing that fifty other people have my limited pen. I'm very sure Brian would love to sell us all a signature pen due to our love of the group buy pen, and Brian is well aware that having one of his excellent pens in hand means great things for his business in terms of our willingness to buy a custom pen or in terms of showing it off to pen friends who might then buy a production/signature/custom/group buy pen of some sort in the future.

I really do think that the lovers of the clipless will eventually have their day in one of these. :)

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

It would only let my vote for one of each, but it's the acrylic blue striated I was interested in.

Can't wait!!!

Find me on Twitter, ADN and Instagram as Woosang

I'm so thrilled that briar swirl is the leading ebonite! I can't wait to get my hands on a briar swirl Morgan! And one of those new #6 italic nibs! Brian, will the italic nibs have your usual Edison logo engraving?

I'm so thrilled that briar swirl is the leading ebonite! I can't wait to get my hands on a briar swirl Morgan! And one of those new #6 italic nibs! Brian, will the italic nibs have your usual Edison logo engraving?

Thanks! The Briar is also my favorite of the three. It's relatively new....we've only been using it for about 3 months. Here's a link to see other pens made from it.

And yes, the italics will have the Edison Logo. They are due to leave Germany this week. I'll announce them on the blog when they ready. I"m also pretty excited with these, as my favorite nib is an italic.

Thanks! The Briar is also my favorite of the three. It's relatively new....we've only been using it for about 3 months. Here's a link to see other pens made from it.

And yes, the italics will have the Edison Logo. They are due to leave Germany this week. I'll announce them on the blog when they ready. I"m also pretty excited with these, as my favorite nib is an italic.

I'm excited about the italic nibs! Hooray!

PS: I'm the one who snagged that briar swirl Premiere with a silver clip from your current inventory a few months ago. It's been a daily writer ever since. I like that ebonite so much that I'll happily buy another pen in the same material! :D

Thank you Brian giving us this opportunity.

While I had to vote for an acrylic, I am only interested in an ebonite.

I hope the mottled red black gets up, It is the only one that appeals to me.

come on you acrylic-only folks, vote for the green/black ebonite for us instead of the briar...

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Hi Brian,

I have a question for us non-US buyers:

Would it be possible for the separate 18k nib to be sent with the pen to save on international shipping?

OK, let's call the ebonite poll for Briar Swirl.

Briar swirl will be the ebonite choice.

When it comes to acrylic....based on the fact that people could not vote for only one material, I'll start a poll in the next hour or so to get the acrylic materials finalized.

Thanks

Brian

Edited by bgray

Huzzah on the Briar Swirl.

Still debating that or Midnight Acrylic.

Continuing the earlier discussion on furniture is there any mileage/possibility in seeing the Briar Swirl with silver furniture / nib and are there enough people that feel it might look better?

Don't want to waste Brian's time, or anyone else's but I'm not bowled over by the gold.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly