Jetpens Discontinuing Diamine (80 Ml Bottles)

Kugelschreiber

The 80 ml bottles were $10.63 the last time I checked also. I wonder how long this sale has been going on?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kugelschreiber

• Ghost Plane

• Jimmy James

• risingsun

I too deal direct with Diamine now. It's actually been less expensive for me and packages are received within a 7 day period. I've never had an issue with damages at all.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open." James Dewar

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

Free Shipping only to the US. Doesnt make it such a great deal for Canadians (+$20.00).

Ill get my Ox Blood fix another time. lol.

"As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled." -- Victor Hugo

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/centurycigar/2j26aaa_zpsf21706be.png

The ink is going--while shopping several inks went out of stock (wild strawberry, bilberry and one of the blues). Scored an ink recommended by FPN user and then bought more. I'll have to buy more pens now. Must have a pen for each color, right?

UPDATE

From an email I received from Elizabeth of JetPens this morning:

I just wanted to give you a quick update on our Diamine situation.

We've been working with our Diamine supplier in London in regards to the supply issues, and our business team was able to work out a new deal with them. We are "un-discontinueing" Diamine inks if you will, and our British supplier is going to work more closely with us to meet our needs for this ink. Since many of our customers like you have given us great feedback about the Diamine inks, we're happy to be able to work out a better deal so that our stock levels can meet the demand. We really appreciate your input, and hope to be able to continue to offer Diamine in the future!

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

I feel like I've been had...(not really) On the plus side, I have a lot of ink in the coffers now for future use... Don't think I'll need to buy any Diamine for a while though. This is good news in that I typically recommended JetPens to new FP users for buying Diamine ink.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

I feel like I've been had...(not really) On the plus side, I have a lot of ink in the coffers now for future use... Don't think I'll need to buy any Diamine for a while though. This is good news in that I typically recommended JetPens to new FP users for buying Diamine ink.

Yes, I have a similar feeling. And since I started the thread, :embarrassed_smile:

Then again, all I did was report what I was told by a rep from the company. And, hey, we all did get some great ink at a better price.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

I actually wouldn't mind if they 'discontinued' the inks and knocked the price about once a year. I got some inks I was going to buy fairly soon anyway for a better price than I was expecting.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I am in UK so not really affected by supply issues but I just wanted to say that Diamine is my preferred ink for all my pens and with 100 colours to go at, it will be some time before I have tried them all.

I recently purchased 8 of the trial size 30ml bottles directly from Diamine - a great way to try colours you are not sure about. Trouble is they were all superb, so once the trial bottle is used I will have to pay up for 8 new colours. :rolleyes:

The trial bottles are also ideal if you gift a pen to someone - you can package 2 or 3 colours with the pen for them to try.

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

Free Shipping only to the US. Doesnt make it such a great deal for Canadians (+$20.00).

The extra fees for tender handling and care are just part of living here.

The worst is the month-later customs statement, sometimes charging full tilt on the imported product.

The worst is the month-later customs statement, sometimes charging full tilt on the imported product.

Ya, I realise that but there's no point loading up if the shipping charges negate the savings.

I do like when companies take into account the cost of shipping within the US and then discount that off the International shipping charges.

This is moot anyways, as they are sold out of my precious Oxblood. LOL.

"As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled." -- Victor Hugo

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/centurycigar/2j26aaa_zpsf21706be.png

I really enjoy Diamine inks for their problem free operation in my pens as well as their vast color pallate.

Jetpens is simply an amazing retailer. I usually order Sunday night and the order is on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon - from CA. to NC.

I am very happy Jetpens was able to find an arrangement with Diamine!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

Ya, I realise that but there's no point loading up if the shipping charges negate the savings.

I do like when companies take into account the cost of shipping within the US and then discount that off the International shipping charges.

This is moot anyways, as they are sold out of my precious Oxblood. LOL.

Picked up Oxblood at the store in Cambridge a few months ago, very happy with this ink.

Glad I could clean out, ahem, stock up while I could. :thumbup: I can get through smaller bottles of ink in a couple of weeks, so these should hold me through the next manuscript. :clap1: Twilight, Teal, Imperial Purple, Turquoise, Oxblood, Eclipse and I forget what all else. Carts as well for the purse pens. :cloud9: :clap1: Doing my happy dance :bunny01:

Guess I can force myself to use the Iroshizuku I keep for the high end pens when this eventually gets used up. :P

Wow - that´s a lot of ink! Even when I write tons of notes (I´m in uni), I don´t think I could go through ink that fast. Are we talking 30 ml bottles?

You´ve set a new standard now :D :)

I really enjoy Diamine inks for their problem free operation in my pens as well as their vast color pallate.

Jetpens is simply an amazing retailer. I usually order Sunday night and the order is on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon - from CA. to NC.

I am very happy Jetpens was able to find an arrangement with Diamine!

Couldn´t agree more. And the fact that they´re so reasonably priced on top of that is amazing.