Jetpens Discontinuing Diamine (80 Ml Bottles)

Kugelschreiber

I exchanged some emails with the customer service rep from JetPens this morning and was told that they are no longer going to sell Diamine 80 ml bottles. I'm not sure, but I think they will still be carrying the 18 pack ink cartridges they also sell. All their remaining inventory of the bottled Diamine ink is on sale for $10.63 a bottle.

Edited by Kugelschreiber

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kugelschreiber

• Ghost Plane

• Jimmy James

• risingsun

Another email from the JP rep: she doesn't think the carts will be re-stocked either when they are sold out. So, it seems no more Diamine at all at JetPens.

~ George Orwell

Tragic, as this was the best Diamine deal stateside with their free shipping deal (and no tax for those of us outside CA)... I stocked up on some of our faves, but this is a bit of a bummer...

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

China Blue, Oxblood & 3 Staedtler wooden pencils = $25.31. :rolleyes:

~ George Orwell

Grrrr too late... Damson Purple and Denim are "no longer available for sale." :crybaby:

Wild Strawberry and Ochre Brown with some Pelikan

Brilliant Black cartridges for $25.86.

Shame, first they discontinued Noodlers and now

Diamine. :(

Shame, first they discontinued Noodlers and now

Diamine. :(

I actually wrote something similar in one of my emails to the rep and she informed me that they will be listing some Noodler's Konrads next week. Whether that will eventually lead to carrying the ink again... :unsure:

For the record, I have no affiliation with JetPens and the rep gave all this information to me without any hesitation or instruction to keep it to myself.

~ George Orwell

We know with Noodler's they had complaints about breakage rates that led to not restocking those products. I wonder if the irritations for Diamine are similar. Of course, it could be as simple as a company with a theme of Eastern imports not exactly being the first stop most people think of for fine British writing ink.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Glad I could clean out, ahem, stock up while I could. :thumbup: I can get through smaller bottles of ink in a couple of weeks, so these should hold me through the next manuscript. :clap1: Twilight, Teal, Imperial Purple, Turquoise, Oxblood, Eclipse and I forget what all else. Carts as well for the purse pens. :cloud9: :clap1: Doing my happy dance :bunny01:

Guess I can force myself to use the Iroshizuku I keep for the high end pens when this eventually gets used up. :P

We know with Noodler's they had complaints about breakage rates that led to not restocking those products. I wonder if the irritations for Diamine are similar. Of course, it could be as simple as a company with a theme of Eastern imports not exactly being the first stop most people think of for fine British writing ink.

I was surprised when they started carrying items from outside of Japan and other Asian countries. As for why they are dropping Diamine, the rep told me the following.

'Apparently, we have a hard time securing a steady supply of the Diamine ink items with our supplier, so unfortunately we have had to discontinue carrying Diamine products.'

~ George Orwell

Ah, yes, the troublesome US distributor of Diamine. That's why about half of my Diamine has come direct from the manufacturer. I have no idea who does it, but it does seem the lead time (from the US distributor) is pretty unacceptable.

Edited by Jimmy James

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

My supply of Diamine inks has always been direct from Diamine UK.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

I wonder how many people are splurging because of this thread.

There is a similar thread at Badger & Blade. It does not mention the inks being discontinued, so I'm not sure if it is an offshoot of this thread or somebody else independently noticing the discounts.

Hi,

Having been a dealer for Diamine before, the American supplier is one of the worst I have ever seen. He would disappear and not fill my orders, I would order and he would fill out my order wrong. He would also have me wait two months before letting me know that he had forgotten to ship anything. He would tell me he had a "breakdown" with his shipping person. I even lost a few customers over this. Right now, I just buy my ink directly from Diamine in the UK. The price is good, the shipping is reasonable, and I get anything I want in about two weeks across the pond. Also, I had a problem with two bottles of ink, and they replaced them for me, even sending me samples to try. I sent them a handwritten letter thanking them, and they sent me an appreciative message back.

Now, I send all my friends and everyone else straight to Diamine UK. The company is simply amazing and very responsive, and the prices are really nice.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Good to know as I buy bulk when I do buy. I'm curious why the bad distributor is still the distributor. :hmm1: Anyone smell employment opportunity??? :blink:

:hmm1: Anyone smell employment opportunity??? :blink:

Funny, I had the same thought... Not that I want/need it.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg