Pelikan Souverän M800 Tortoiseshell Brown

nicholasyeo

Mine was shipped on Mondaybunny01.gif. I can't wait and these pics. have made me even more excited, thanks.

Edited by ImagineItReal

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you're right. - Henry Ford

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nicholasyeo

• Pen2009

• Frank C

• PAKMAN

I have been thinking about getting this model. Any suggestion what price is a good deal on this pen? I see the price range from USD 560 to USD 620 (excluding a shipping charge). I am in a hunting mode.:)

pensinasia.com has it for $519 ($499 + $20 shipping to US)

Disclosure: not affiliated with the vendor, just a satisfied customer

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you're right. - Henry Ford

Nice review, and I must say some of the best pen photos I have ever seen in terms of cleanly illustrating the pen and especially the nib. Well done! :thumbup:

Will

The above post made me look at the photos once more. In the second nib photo, is the tipping asymmetrical, or is the nib just turned?

Haha, the pen was new out of box. Seems the slit is not centered eh!

Nice review, and I must say some of the best pen photos I have ever seen in terms of cleanly illustrating the pen and especially the nib. Well done! :thumbup:

Will

The above post made me look at the photos once more. In the second nib photo, is the tipping asymmetrical, or is the nib just turned?

Yes, it looks like it's off. I had an M1000 with a Medium nib like that. I sent it back and they replaced it with a better, although not perfect, nib. Its on my list of pens to get adjusted.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I have been thinking about getting this model. Any suggestion what price is a good deal on this pen? I see the price range from USD 560 to USD 620 (excluding a shipping charge). I am in a hunting mode.:)

Peninasia is located in Singapore! Good to see Singapore being represented positively... the country has been in the news for much more unpleasant things recently. Like football match fixing.

Will

Yes, it looks like it's off. I had an M1000 with a Medium nib like that. I sent it back and they replaced it with a better, although not perfect, nib. Its on my list of pens to get adjusted.

I think maybe some manufacturers do not necessarily switch out nibs just cause they are not centred or have misaligned tines. Many of them have a policy that if it writes, nothing is wrong with it. I was just looking at Vacumatics yesterday and I realised that some had tines like these too. Some tines were one big and one small...

Edited by nicholasyeo

Beautiful pen! Thank you for sharing.

The price of the Tortoiseshell Brown in Japan is the same as oridinary M800.

rokurinpapa

Went and picked mine up Thursday! Should have had them ship it to me... then I wouldn't have seen the matching ball point and bought it too!!! I couldn't be happier with how this pen looks!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Very nice review and excellent pictures... You make me want this pelikan more and more...puddle.gif

I just wish pelikan will drop their price, here in Greece, in the name of economical crisis...eureka.gif

Pelikan : M805 Souveran Black-Blue-Silver (F), Ductus 3110 (F), Classic Taupe M205 (F) Waterman : Carene Royal Violet (M) Faber Castell : E-Motion Croco Brown (F), Loom Orange (M), Ambition Rhombus Black (M) Pilot : MR Silver (M), MR Animal Mat Black Croco (M) Lamy : Safari Umbra Mat (M), Safari Black (M), Vista (EF) Pentel : Tradio Nature (M)

I think that is a good price. Better than other e-retailers. I have just contacted the seller.:)

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Wow ! Very well done review. The photographs are fabulous.

I’m not putting away my Sailor Professional Gear anytime soon, but I must say that the M800 is definitely a great writer.

How does the Pelikan compare to the Sailor?

Wow ! Very well done review. The photographs are fabulous.

I’m not putting away my Sailor Professional Gear anytime soon, but I must say that the M800 is definitely a great writer.

How does the Pelikan compare to the Sailor?

The Sailor is finer and more effortless on paper. The M800 is less refined in terms of the feel. Another reason why I like my Pro Gear is because Mike Masuyama tweaked it.

Excellent review and pictures. I got mine on Friday. Excellent service as always from Regina Martini (and the best price I've seen thus far). Knowing that the Pelikan nibs are not necessarily that exciting out of the box, I got a broad so I have the option of having it ground to something a little more exciting. So far so good, though.

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

my god! so many sellers everywhere with stocks of m800 brown!

pelikan hannover says as "one time edition" :gaah: what is it?

market is almost saturated! from low 320 Euro to high £450

i think so many people hanging around here and there admire, who actually wont buy.

my god! so many sellers everywhere with stocks of m800 brown!

pelikan hannover says as "one time edition" :gaah: what is it?

market is almost saturated! from low 320 Euro to high £450

i think so many people hanging around here and there admire, who actually wont buy.

As far as I'm concerned, the M800 in Tortoiseshell Brown is not a limited edition. It doesn't say so on he box, is readily available and isn't numbered. The original Brown Tortoiseshell was discontinued for lack of popularity anyway, and nobody really missed it except for die hard collectors. I don't think the new one very different.

I pulled the trigger and ordered it with an EF nib. I was able to find a good deal which is less than USD 400. :thumbup: The pen is brand new. Can't wait for a delivery.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

As far as I'm concerned, the M800 in Tortoiseshell Brown is not a limited edition. It doesn't say so on he box, is readily available and isn't numbered.

You are right. Pelikan haven't listed it in the "limited edition" category, but as a "special edition" of the regular Soveran collection. In other words, if you decode the marketing jargon, it means that if it sells well, they will integrated it in the regular production.

I pulled the trigger and ordered it with an EF nib. I was able to find a good deal which is less than USD 400. :thumbup: The pen is brand new. Can't wait for a delivery.

How? Where? What? Why? :)

Very nice review and excellent pictures... You make me want this pelikan more and more...puddle.gif

I just wish pelikan will drop their price, here in Greece, in the name of economical crisis...eureka.gif