• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Craig Forsyth

• alc3261

• my63

• OakIris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very cool that you are going to try to make your own pen wrap, Craig.

If you do decide to buy a pen wrap instead, +1 for Wrapture Kathryn is indeed in England and does excellent work, IMHO.

Have fun with your project, Craig!

Holly

Wow, they're great and such a reasonable price - completely missed your mention of them Shuggy, sorry!. I'm really keen to try making my own but might well buy one of these too in the meantime. Thanks so much for the pointer, I'll keep you posted on progress.

I have three of these, and she as made two 4 pen wraps for me. Her work and service is great. Highly recommended and very reasonable.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

Well, I received my 'Chan's Handmade' pen wrap in just 6 days from Taiwan. I think that it's absolutely beautiful! The fabric is striking and the quality top notch. It is suede lined, so the wrap keeps its shape very well. It's advertised as 5+1, but will easily take two slim pens in the outer pocket.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/shuggyman/F98C3132-1409-49CD-998B-C4E65B35279F-1891-000003D522784BFA_zpsbee0e331.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/shuggyman/929CE6E5-3EF0-4B53-A9D7-95EA434C1471-1891-000003D514F25226_zpsf4fa9bd8.jpg

Well, I received my 'Chan's Handmade' pen wrap in just 6 days from Taiwan. I think that it's absolutely beautiful! The fabric is striking and the quality top notch. It is suede lined, so the wrap keeps its shape very well. It's advertised as 5+1, but will easily take two slim pens in the outer pocket.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/shuggyman/F98C3132-1409-49CD-998B-C4E65B35279F-1891-000003D522784BFA_zpsbee0e331.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q503/shuggyman/929CE6E5-3EF0-4B53-A9D7-95EA434C1471-1891-000003D514F25226_zpsf4fa9bd8.jpg

That is beautiful. Did they have any other colours? Is that a cover on your notebook?

That is beautiful. Did they have any other colours? Is that a cover on your notebook?

He has quite a few - see seller kevinhsu1688

Maybe you'd like 'Sakura Love' or 'Alice's Adventures'? B)

The story of the notebook cover is here.

He has quite a few - see seller kevinhsu1688

Maybe you'd like 'Sakura Love' or 'Alice's Adventures'? B)

The story of the notebook cover is here.

Thanks, they are lovely..... For someone who is new to fountain pens, you really know how to accessorise, I like the cover, need something more feminine though. I too love the Clairefontaine notebooks.

I really like this wrap it is more expensive than I thought it would be.

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

There's no doubt that it's a premium product. But the quality is just fantastic and for me, it is worth every penny.

I agree that it is a thing of beauty but perhaps slightly beyond my means right now. I notice some from the same seller are just about to budget though, so I'll consider these as my pen collection grows.

I'm part way through the construction of my own effort, will post pics here however it turns out.

Thank you for the link to Chan's pen wraps, Shuggy. They are very nice looking though a bit on the expensive side for me - on average, almost $80 in USA currency. Ouch! Good to know that they are well worth the price, though.

Holly

What can I say? I like my gadgets!

He also does the cover in red leather.

I know how you feel. But instead of iPods and laptops its paper, pens and anything I can convince myself that I need to compliment them. May have to look at a notebook cover.

I have finally joined FPN in my own right, partly as a result of this thread on pen wraps. Thanks especially to Oakiris for your lovely write up and the photos - glad the wrap is still going strong. I have had a whole string of orders resulting from this thread so it has been very good for business - so good it has almost emptied the store (www.wrapture.eu).

I currently have 4 requests for bespoke wraps which are round about the same price as the ready made ones, depending on fabric and exact design. I encourage bespoke orders - I like creating new designs and there are some great ideas coming through from FPN users. Basically pretty much anything considered.

I am also trying out a few prototypes at the moment to widen the range from the basic 9 - 10 roll-up wrap. Some ideas include waterproofing the wraps (not really for camping fountain pen collectors - more for storing pens with a tendency to leak), using tougher fabrics, different methods of closure other than the single cord ... and so on. Again, ideas and suggestions are very welcome, because let's face it, you know what you want from a pen wrap.

Also, all being well Wrapture should be at the Lichfield pen show in June (I think it is the 23rd) selling the wraps, so you can always come and check them out if you are not totally sure.

Kathryn

I have finally joined FPN in my own right, partly as a result of this thread on pen wraps. Thanks especially to Oakiris for your lovely write up and the photos - glad the wrap is still going strong. I have had a whole string of orders resulting from this thread so it has been very good for business - so good it has almost emptied the store (www.wrapture.eu).

I currently have 4 requests for bespoke wraps which are round about the same price as the ready made ones, depending on fabric and exact design. I encourage bespoke orders - I like creating new designs and there are some great ideas coming through from FPN users. Basically pretty much anything considered.

I am also trying out a few prototypes at the moment to widen the range from the basic 9 - 10 roll-up wrap. Some ideas include waterproofing the wraps (not really for camping fountain pen collectors - more for storing pens with a tendency to leak), using tougher fabrics, different methods of closure other than the single cord ... and so on. Again, ideas and suggestions are very welcome, because let's face it, you know what you want from a pen wrap.

Also, all being well Wrapture should be at the Lichfield pen show in June (I think it is the 23rd) selling the wraps, so you can always come and check them out if you are not totally sure.

Kathryn

Welcome at last. Looking forward to my new design wrap.

Kathryn

Nice to hear this thread has been good for business Kathryn, it's clearly also been of use to those who have discovered your products, including me. I've finished my own hand-sewn wrap and will post pictures later today, when I've a few seconds.

Kathryn

:W2FPN: Kathryn! It is good to see you here, and I am glad that I could help generate some well-earned business for you. :D I hope everyone else is as pleased with their wraps as I am with mine. And, I look forward to seeing the wraps you will make according to some new design ideas proposed by folks here.

@Craig - good to hear that you have made a wrap for yourself; we await the photos!

Holly

Edited by OakIris

I would add the photos but am having problems with that at the moment. Trying to get to the bottom of that now but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

I'm trying to upload some photos using the "insert image" tool, linking to Flickr and at the preview stage it says "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this board". I've also tried using Picasa with the same issue.

I'm going to give up now as I have work in the morning, will try again tomorrow. Gah.

I would add the photos but am having problems with that at the moment. Trying to get to the bottom of that now but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

I'm trying to upload some photos using the "insert image" tool, linking to Flickr and at the preview stage it says "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this board". I've also tried using Picasa with the same issue.

I'm going to give up now as I have work in the morning, will try again tomorrow. Gah.

I do suggest using the Upload tab and then copying the Uploaded image into your post (works for me!!)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Hi Craig I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

If you are using flickr click on the share tab next select the tab for grab the html/bbc code.

right click to copy.

Finally open your reply and paste as usual.

Hope this helps

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

Okay, after a lot of hassle due to my lack of technical expertise, here are some pics of my home-made, hand-sewn wrap. I’m pleased with the result, please let me know what you think.

This is the front of the wrap before attachment of the pen cover (you can see the pins tacking it in place).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8526/8525010441_132f3f419e_b.jpg

Here’s the inside of the wrap.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8235/8525009149_bb426dbedf_b.jpg

My Lamy Safari Vista does fit all the way down within the pocket with a little room to spare – about 5mm or so.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8367/8526122510_eda8d20b00_b.jpg

This close-up gives you a view of the decorative edging detail I’ve used, not too sophisticated but I think it works.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8372/8526123070_42c668b6b8_b.jpg

This is how the wrap looks when rolled and secured.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8242/8525006919_df52ab7a99_b.jpg

As this is the first piece of needlework I’ve ever done, I’m pretty proud of how it's turned out. I enjoyed making this so much that I shall be making another soon. I might also give leather a go…