La Pen Show Haul 2013

AltecGreen

I got back from the LA Pen Show an hour ago.. I left LA later than normal because the show was still quite busy even at 4 pm on Sunday. I took over 1000 photos and I'm in the process of culling the awful ones and framing my report. I hope to have them up tomorrow.

In the mean time here is a teaser, my annual pen show haul. I don't have time to list the pens right now. Take a guess and I'll get back to you guys tomorrow. Back to film processing.

The American and European pens

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8248/8484073489_d0fdc2d366_z.jpg

The Japanese Pens

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8485167608_00e5024765_z.jpg

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AltecGreen

• ethernautrix

• amberleadavis

• Uncle Red

I spy some vacumatics and gold seals (I think?). I'm really wondering what the large White/Metallic pearlescent pen is though... the last one too, on the right (the white one that says "push" on it).

4pm on Sunday? 1000 photos? And 21 pens! Way to go.

It was an odd show. I took 455 photos today.

I went for quantity this year with only one pen being really high ticket.

I just finished cataloging the pens and I'm about to call it a night. Due to all of the evening pen show activities, I and several other s have been running on only a few hours of sleep a night.

Lots of great stories that will be reserved only for the Pen Posse.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I'm wait with bated breath. Looking at your hauls always kills me because your taste in pens is so similar to mine. Have made the show the last two years but now living in a different continent your report is my vicarious enjoyment of it.

Is that- a Vac Flat-top? Do those even exist?

"One's greatness is defined not only by their deeds, but also by the pen they carry."

My YouTube Channel: InkyJoys

Inky Meanderings: my pen, paper and ink blog

Best Non-FP user line ever: "Is that a calligraphy pen?"

I spy some vacumatics and gold seals (I think?). I'm really wondering what the large White/Metallic pearlescent pen is though... the last one too, on the right (the white one that says "push" on it).

Harlequin, there is only one Vac. The other is a Japanese pen.

See this thread

"One's greatness is defined not only by their deeds, but also by the pen they carry."

See this thread

The second pen in the top image is a vintage omas I think.

See this thread

The second pen in the top image is a vintage omas I think.

Did Omas ever make a Vac-style pen?

All of Ricky's Vacumatics are stickered.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

love the kamakura-bori pen!!

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Love the woodgrain Wahl. The wooden clip on the wooden Japanese pen in a nice touch.

Edited by Uncle Red

Now that I'm conscious and finished with breakfast, here are the answers.

Top image from left to right.

1) Columbus 134

2) Omas Extra Lucens, medium size

3) LeBouef #8 lever filler with badly discolored plastic. #8 nib is intact as is the clip. A good user or parts pen

4) Wahl Gold Seal #4 size, lapis

5) Wahl Gold Seal #4 size, jade

6) Wahl Gold Seal #4 size, rosewood

7) Mabie Todd Swan 'Self Filler' in Italian Marble celluloid

8) Mabie Todd Swan leverless

9) Mabie Todd Swan leverless

10) Michael Sull dip pen holder

11) Michael Sull dip pen holder

Bottom Image

1) no name vintage Japanese pen with no feed or nib

2) Stylo Art Asuma with full Raden maki-e

3) Stylo Art Taut with wooden cap band and clip

4) A pen with an unusual Kamakura bori pattern. NOS and stickered with Pilot nib. Maker is uncertain

5) A Nagaoka Hooseki pen. A pen with the sapphire tipping. See Andy Lambrou's Fountain Pens of Japan. There is a chapter on this pen.

6) A 1970's Pilot Custom in an undocumented pattern. There is a thread on this particular thread in the Japan subforum about a year ago.

7) Sailor Hieroglyphics pen

8) Pilot Elite

9) Pilot Lady pen in leather

10) A Kuretake brush pen with iridescent ink. I think these are new on the market.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Are the second and third JP ones Stylo-Art? Do you have any idea how to contact them in English?! :puddle:

Hmmm...and whats the last Japanese pen? :roflmho:

Yes, those are Stylo Art pens. Mr. Motoshi Kazuno and his wife came to the show.

The website of stylo-art.com but it is in Japanese. They speak decent English. Try sending an e-mail to kazuno@rapid.ocn.ne.jp

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

All of Ricky's Vacumatics are stickered.

That's just because he found a box of NOS stickers.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Ricky, were the two enormous green Dani-Trio pens new to you from the show? Gah, those were pretty amazing!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Well, ele, looks like you were right after all. Good pen IDing!