• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitedot

• suexilin

• Cyber6

• Hoovy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The converter is big, I had not seen such a big converter before.

Could you also take a photo of that with some sort of scale?

I'm curious as to what that looks like now.

The converter is big, I had not seen such a big converter before.

Could you also take a photo of that with some sort of scale?

I'm curious as to what that looks like now.

I will, these days, as it is currently filled with ink, and removing it could be problematic.

I find that I am really enjoying this pen, it's light but wide enough to grab comfortably while writing, and the nib has consistent ink flow, laying down a very nice extra fine line. I reach for it a lot these three days, and the smell is not bothering much.

I too find the weight pleasing but it is far too large for my hands. The M800 is just about my limit, and this is even larger!

Otherwise it is proving to be really quite perfect. I have been writing with it today, and it produces lovely, lovely shading and a hint of line variation.

It definitely outperforms pens at the same and higher price points. No wonder Engeika is able to pass them off with his mark-up.

I don't think Engeika sells imitations, that would be very detrimental to the existing good reputation they have.

One thing I know for sure is that the other normal pens they have are pretty ordinary and they probably buy them in bulk from India or China. I remember seeing the Lamy 2000 lookalike in a Kikki K shop as well.

The really good deals that are so good that they seem suspicious aren't really that suspicious to me... dealers that do volume that Engeika does can definitely get a few pieces cheap and use them as bait to attract people when word spreads. If anything, the prices show how heavily marked up the typical pen would cost us in a normal shop.

I am honestly more afraid of rogue sellers using ghost accounts to jack up prices. If they win they can "buy" back the item. If someone pays high, they win. This I no accusation, just my attitude towards the Internet...

Eitherways, do check prices properly and don't overbid. I am saying this but ironically I also think that it's the emotional bidders that give them the profit they need to survive... there are definitely good deals but patience and self control is imperative for us real FP lovers.

Edited by nicholasyeo

I agree, it is a wonderful pen! It happened that I bought it in the same time as my m400 white tortoise, which was having nib problems, and I ended up liking the Blue Morning pen more.

Blue Morning suits it better, in my opinion, then Lily In The Water. My pen has all these lovely white wispy clouds on it :)

Today, however I successfully smoothed the white tortoise nib, as I had tried grinding it with mixed results, and now both pens are equally pleasant to write.

I was tempted to get the orange one as well..just because it is cheap and soo good...but I have bought too many pens now.

It would be so cool if he had other colours too!

Blue Morning suits it better, in my opinion, then Lily In The Water. My pen has all these lovely white wispy clouds on it :)

Today, however I successfully smoothed the white tortoise nib, as I had tried grinding it with mixed results, and now both pens are equally pleasant to write.

Hooray for fixing up the nib! Is it a smooth stub now?

Now I'm coveting one of these pens too, enough to make me use my weak Chinese to wade through Taobao to locate them. I really must stop planning for pen purchases beyond my next immediate one. :P

Inquisitive Quill on Instagram and YouTube 

Now I'm coveting one of these pens too, enough to make me use my weak Chinese to wade through Taobao to locate them. I really must stop planning for pen purchases beyond my next immediate one. :P

No, it is not a stub, it is something between F and M, but it was ...kinda weird, as it was making strange high frequency sounds as I was writing, not sure how to explain it.

I had also tried to fix in a similar way the flow of my boyfriend's m200 fine nib, with worse results, as it was scratchy with no reason why - I couldn't see anything wrong with it with the loupe.

I promised to get him a new m200 nib, at least they are only 160yuan on taobao.

I was browsing the Repair forum and came across a thread about loupes and other magnifying tools, and there ethernautrix mentioned among other things about using her nail buffer... :eureka:

Of course! I have one four sided nail buffer, which could smooth the nibs!

So, low and behold, 15 minutes later, my boyfriend announced he doesn't want a new nib and is happy with this one - after i finished with it.

Then I took the white tortoise, filed it with the three smoother sides one after the other , and voilà - now it is much much better. It writes as it should. :):)

As for the wancher pen... if you like large light pens, with very fine nibs, you should get one :)

Edited by suexilin

They are beautiful pens! I am especially in love with the orange sunflower--it looks like solid orange marmalade.

Now you have tempted me... :crybaby:

(And it looks beautiful next to your beautiful white tortoise!)

Edited by marigolds

Thanks for the link.

I've tried google translate but the help is limited once you "add to cart"

Can someone (if is not much trouble) check the shipping charges for Canada?

Thanks,

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thanks for the link.

I've tried google translate but the help is limited once you "add to cart"

Can someone (if is not much trouble) check the shipping charges for Canada?

I don't think it's possible to sign up from a Canadian address in the first place.

The signup page asks for your cellphone number, and rejects North American ones.

I don't think it's possible to sign up from a Canadian address in the first place.

The signup page asks for your cellphone number, and rejects North American ones.

Thanks Hoovy. That was very helpful.. :bawl:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Comment deleted as link was provided.

Edited by whitedot

You can use a taobao agent that orders goods over and sends them to different countries. Not sure how much extra it would cost though.

http://www.engtaobao.com/guide/view/order-tutorial.html#.USraXKWALng

OMG.. I am jumping all over this. I'll report back with the extra cost. :lol:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I had a look into this myself, but didn't pull the trigger. A lot of agents only ship by EMS, quite expensive. There is one called mistertao.com that looked to have better shipping options.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review