Pen Posse - La Edition Friday Dinner

jlepens

Friday Dinner at LAIPS  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in for dinner?

• yes
    • No
    • Maybe

That hanks everyone for coming! Wild time!! Lets do it again next year!!!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jlepens

• AltecGreen

• Frank C

• DET

I know but I did not have a hotel room. I needed to get home before I con't partying. Coffee is your friend!

Thanks for putting this together. It was fun! Lots of nice pens and nice people. The LA Pen Posse rocks!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

1361036168[/url]' post='2601148']

Thanks for putting this together. It was fun! Lots of nice pens and nice people. The LA Pen Posse rocks!

Thank you for your generosity, Frank -- in putting together the Akkerman group purchase, and in sharing your excellent bourbon, Scotch and cigars. It was a pleasure meeting you. Repeat next year?

Man, missed the good stuff again! Sounds like fun was had after dinner!!

Joi, thanks again for being the instigator of the gathering. It was completely fun to see old friends and meet new ones. It was a perfect night for the outdoor dining, and you did a bang-up selection on the appetizers, too!

The hang back at the hotel just continued the great feeling. I think next year I may turn down any work during this period so i can stay the whole show (I had to drive back to SD to play tonight's opera performance). TBH, I was amazed at how many people remembered me from simply meeting them last year. What a wonderful group of humans, these pen folks!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to Joi for her exceptional organisational skills for setting up the dinner, and to all who I met on Friday ! Joi's ability to gather all in for this dinner along with finding a splendid venue is incredible.

Truly, a wonderful event, and even more fun with the aprés-dinner gathering at the hotel for yet more pens, ink, and the odd drop of a fine single malt courtesy of Frank.

John P.

Dinner pictures!

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss262/jlepens/A932293E-5219-4808-B475-F1BB9E90E389-5976-0000132D5377ED23_zps40890497.jpg

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss262/jlepens/5E311849-F350-47D9-A720-51EBF84A27E7-5976-0000132AF4D7D4D1_zps75f602ab.jpg

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss262/jlepens/8C506F29-F93F-46F0-9BD5-961B3DE21189-5976-0000132ACF4C45D5_zps899bc024.jpg

What a fun time! Joi, you did a great job corralling us all and organizing -- thank you! Hope to see you in San Francisco in October. And maybe at the Poland Pen Show in April. :-)

P.S. WOW! The Iroshizuku Chiku-rin ink you gave me is a beautiful green! I filled my black Piccolo (my first Nakaya) with it -- I LOVE the color! Before I saw the color, I thought I would share the ink with Pen Posse on Sunday, but now I kindv want to hoard it, ha ha ha. I'm kidding. I will share it. Thank you so much, Joi!

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Already working on it. Also need to revive the LA Pen Posse.And I have an unopened bottle of JW Green Label. I have to remember you lot are thirsty and bring some brown liquid.

1361298186[/url]' post='2604111']

What a fun time! Joi, you did a great job corralling us all and organizing -- thank you! Hope to see you in San Francisco in October. And maybe at the Poland Pen Show in April. :-)

P.S. WOW! The Iroshizuku Chiku-rin ink you gave me is a beautiful green! I filled my black Piccolo (my first Nakaya) with it -- I LOVE the color! Before I saw the color, I thought I would share the ink with Pen Posse on Sunday, but now I kindv want to hoard it, ha ha ha. I'm kidding. I will share it. Thank you so much, Joi!

Yay! I thought you would like the color!

New Pen Posse sub-posse: Inks and Drinks. :-)

I endorse this product and/or message (though I might fiddle with the order...)

On a semi-related note, last night with dinner, M decided to make a new side-dish: the Brussel Sprouts, as done at the Tin Roof Bistro! Totally paired well with Macadamia-crusted Mahi-Mahi. Mmmmm...

Again, Joi: great location! Per Ricky's suggestion, next year let's have them give us the ENTIRE patio! :roflmho:

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Brett, there's go-go dancing right now.

:-)

Ricky, Marta said that she drank the Akkerman Violet rather than surrender it to TSA. :-p

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Brett, there's go-go dancing right now.

:-)

Ricky, Marta said that she drank the Akkerman Violet rather than surrender it to TSA. :-p

I'll stick to adult beverages.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065