Stub O' The Day

dcpritch

2 hours ago, dcpritch said:

Thanks, he did a great job on it and it is fun to write with.  Here's the link to his website:  https://moonwalkpen.com/

Thank you for the link. I’m not sure if I’ll be buying one, but at least I know where to get one. That is, if it remains available. 

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcpritch

• amberleadavis

• dms525

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/11/2021 at 3:37 AM, Misfit said:

18B5615F-3D3A-4D20-B76A-F89ECAB94945.jpeg

Nice pen and penmanship... and an even better book!  Love Hemingway - that is a wonderful short story of his too, one of my favorites.

Thank you @Man O War

I am going to read all the short stories this time. The story the book is named for surprised me. The mountain is not foremost. 

I read about Hemingway’s writing theory, which is give the reader less. That might help when I read the stories this time. 

Posted Image

One of my recent custom ground nibs:

1406177613_Sailor1911PGRealoBurgundy1.jpg.128a7cd39c5330cfd3759a2965cb8451.jpg

352617440_SailorPGRealoBurgundynib.jpg.7bfe7ff89a22e59b6f7c56aa718d6af3.jpg

I think I have 3 or 4 of these Sailor 21Kt nibs ground to CI. They are quite marvelous, especially when mounted in a 1911 Realo.

David

21 hours ago, Misfit said:

Thank you @Man O War

I am going to read all the short stories this time. The story the book is named for surprised me. The mountain is not foremost. 

I read about Hemingway’s writing theory, which is give the reader less. That might help when I read the stories this time. 

If I recall that one (Snows of Kilimanjaro), it was about a safari taken by a husband and wife with a British guide.  Being Hemingway, it is of course a wonderful love story with a happy ending.  :lticaptd:

But on a serious note, when I got to the end of that one, all I could say was “Wow… Did NOT see that coming.”

Enjoy!!

6 hours ago, Man O War said:

If I recall that one (Snows of Kilimanjaro), it was about a safari taken by a husband and wife with a British guide.  Being Hemingway, it is of course a wonderful love story with a happy ending.  :lticaptd:

But on a serious note, when I got to the end of that one, all I could say was “Wow… Did NOT see that coming.”

Enjoy!!

Yea, exactly.  It did have an ending with “oh wait, it didn’t end like… “. Don’t want to spoil it for anyone. That Being Hemingway line, priceless. 

Posted Image

Nothing fancy but a real pleasure to write with, very juicy and smooth.

SheafferCadet_S1_Red.thumb.JPG.9ac92d91cbdaee0b5eac6a7fb271c630.JPG

Though called a stub by Sheaffer I find the line variation to be more italic like, and unlike modern steel stub nibs this steel nib is "tipped".

A newly acquired nib that I am enjoying.

large.067AD8D5-9CC7-45E9-B85C-C3E8D55C639D.jpeg.8cd9a85412b3a2fed49f9a5555cc9575.jpeg

Pelikan M205 Moonstone with a Richard Binder Medium Cursive Italic nib, inked with Chesterfield Antique Oxford.

@brokenclay oh jealous. I want my Moonstone pen to have a cursive italic grind. I’m not ready to send it off yet. It has my first Pelikan broad nib. I chose B, thinking of having it ground. 

Posted Image

@Misfit, when I bought my M200 Brown Marbled from Cult Pens (with a broad nib), I also bought a couple of spare nibs from them (another broad and a medium). The 200 steel nibs are very reasonably priced. I had one of the broad nibs ground to a stub and have the other in reserve if I should want a stock broad.

• 1 month later...

I finally found a stub for this pen, originally had a fine nib which was not my preference.  The replacement came in the mail and its a factory stub.

1F23915B-2833-4595-8F17-F7EAB1839CFE.jpeg

594FA2D6-9258-47D7-9BFB-6FED4CD32853.jpeg

15 hours ago, tringle said:

I finally found a stub for this pen, originally had a fine nib which was not my preference.  The replacement came in the mail and its a factory stub.

1F23915B-2833-4595-8F17-F7EAB1839CFE.jpeg

594FA2D6-9258-47D7-9BFB-6FED4CD32853.jpeg

Very nice Troy!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Got an ink I’ve been waiting for, and put it in a Franklin-Christoph Model 31 Omnis in smoke and ice with a Masuyama broad cursive italic nib.

image.jpg

Posted Image

I forgot about all the loose nibs I had from when my lab ate my pens 8 years ago.  I replaced the original nib of this French lever filler with an Eisenstadt No. 2 stub.

1EBEB016-5706-4193-8806-F66DA3211238.jpeg

70A51E9D-4A41-4364-9DB4-923DC29E12F2.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 12:15 AM, mitto said:

Still resting at my dropbox in London. Hope it will soon arrive in Islamabad. It is a English nib on a English P51. 

FB_IMG_1609084321079.jpg

FB_IMG_1609084308086.jpg

What a magnificent nib! Congratulations, Mitto. 

I got this pen for my birthday. The pen came with a F nib.  I ordered two 1.1mm stub nibs from Anderson Pens. I got one in gold tone, and one in silver tone.  The ink is also a birthday gift.  It is J Herbin Cacao du Bresil.

895DBBA6-C6B5-4C19-A55B-72FA075B6622.jpeg

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2013 at 4:41 PM, dcpritch said:

I've been on a trip with my family so sorry about the long silence. Here's a pen that always makes me want to write:

OMAS Arte Italiana Milord (old style), HT 18k 1.1mm stub by Minuskin

I bought this pen from a fellow FPNer a couple of years ago - it was my first OMAS pen and remains my favorite. The Greek key design on the cap band, recurring just above the threads on the section, is in my opinion the definition of class and elegance. The pen's size, light weight, reliable piston filler and nib make it one I keep coming back to. When it came to me the nib was a standard B nib; not too much time passed before it was sent to Greg Minuskin to have the nib made into a a stub and now this nib is certainly in the top five stub nibs I own.

How about some pictures:

fpn_1365021438__omas_milord_11_stub_533x1024.jpg

fpn_1365021457__omas_milord_11_stub_1_1024x525.jpg

fpn_1365021505__omas_milord_11_stub_3_1024x713.jpg

fpn_1365021524__omas_milord_11_stub_4_984x1024.jpg

That is the definition of "A beautiful pen"....wow

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

My first Leonardo with a # 8 nib. Also my first Bock #8 nib on any pen.  I like it.

IMG_3496.jpeg.0bdb4fd8e88c5199518c14c2c033d7c9.jpegIMG_3497.jpeg.858c275886f983e83e1f55a2e5136ba4.jpeg

Happy writing!

David