New Line Of Pens!

Nordic Pen Imports

I'll add my name to the tester's list. I prefer medium or fine nibs, probably a narrow medium or wide fine would be great! My experience ranges from vintage lever fillers to modern pistons, aerometrics, c/c's, plungers, and others. I have some entry and mid-level pens of Asian, European and good old American origins (nothing over $100... yet ^_~). I like steel nibs just fine, but gold nibs are never a disappointment either!

Edited by Harlequin

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlequin

• Nordic Pen Imports

• Cyber6

• Cognaticrotty

I'd love to help you test your pens! I generally gravitate from x-fine to medium nibs. Steel or gold are both good as long as they are smooth. I've never paid over $100 or less for a pen and have found many that I like, both vintage and modern. I'm not all that inventive with namig, but am willing to give it a try. It looks like you'll have no problem finding testers. :roflmho:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.

Do I have the chance to test your new pen?

Most of my pens are with fine nibs. Recently I am greatly into broad nibs.

Most of my favorite pens are with gold nibs, but some are with steel nibs.

Price range of my currently inked pens is from several USD to 300 USD.

BTW, what pen are you realeasing soon? Are you trying to collect info to design it or it's already designed? :thumbup:

Edited by asaha

Looks like you have plenty of testers, but if you'd like some more testers on your list I'm always up for the challenge :thumbup: Same with the naming!

I personally like to use EF - M nibs because they're more practical for the type of paper I write on. B nibs are lovely but just isn't the best for note taking, and I've got tiny handwriting. Italics and flex are great options to have but not necessary.

I'm perfectly happy with steel nibs, as long as the nib is smooth. Regarding size, the TWSBI 540s are a good size; any larger and it starts getting uncomfortable for me to use for more than a page of writing. As for price range...it would be great to see a pen under $100, but could possibly be convinced to pay $150-200 for a really nice pen with a steel nib. It'd also be good if the pen can be posted.

While you probably already have enough testers, why not throw my hat into the ring?

I prefer a stiffer steel nib, F or EF. A bulk of my writing is taking notes in class and at work so I end up writing very fast.

My favorite pens are between $100-$150 but my daily carry pen is ~$30

I plug things in, I push buttons, and I pick things up and put them down in different places. And when I have a chance I write things down!

I use mostly vintage.

XF or F firm or flex, stubs of any width. Any metal.

Edited by krz

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

To be involved with the premier of a new pen from Sweden would be an honor! I would very much like to participate in this.

My preference in nibs ranges from Western Fine to Asian Music nibs. Most of my nibs are either steel, two toned steel or 14kt. I seldom spring for 18kt unless chance brings me a vintage pen with one already in it. My usual price range is from $50 to $400 USD.

Much less than $50 is often a test in patience and over $400 is hard for me to justify.

In any case, good luck! I am anxious to see your new pens!

I would love to help with the test !

I use a lot of pens in a range from 10$ (Jinhao) to 150$ (Edison production line or Platinum 3776 Century),

with lots of Lamy Safari/Vista, Noodler's Konrad/Ahab and several Pelikan 200/205 and TWSBI in between

Mainly steel nib, besides two gold nibs in the 3776 and a vintage Waterman semi-flex.

I love italic and stub (and music !) nibs for beautiful writing, I like M nibs for everyday writing. I try to learn to use

flex (semi-flex), and I like them better everyday. I love F for sketching, comic drawing and comic lettering :)

So I'm guessing this new line of pen will have steel nibs? I need to know before I give out infos, because you might disqualify me right off the bat for using only gold nibs. I have a few steel nibs, but I rarely write with them because I prefer the look and wetness of gold nibs.

Hi all

Pretty soon I will release a new line of pens and I need help with two things.

1. Testing, do you want to help me test the pen? Write with it for a few days, let me know how it feels, if I need to change anything. As a thank you you get to keep the pen.

2. Naming, There will be 13 different colours in the line and I need help naming them. If the name you propose gets elected you will win a pen in that color.

More about this later.....

Now I need some info on what nibs you usually use? Steel nibs? Gold nibs? Size? Price range?

So come on, let me know what you want!?

Kind regards

Niklas

I would be honoured to help you test and name a pen in the event that you don't have enough testers already.

I use fountain pens every day and am a stay at home person. I prefer gold nibs if I am given a choice, but how a pen feels and how it writes are the most important features. I usually use Fine or Medium nibs, but have recently been attracted to broad stub nibs.

As I had to take early retirement I try to limit my budget on pens, but would be prepared to pay up to GB£150 for a decent pen that is made and writes well. I prefer slightly larger pens like the Montblanc size 146.

Good luck with your testing, and I hope that the pen turns out OK. I would also love to see pictures of it. :thumbup:

Edited by Chrissy

ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!

(bleep), got too excited at the thought of getting to try a new pen. But yeah, would love to help try it out. Could even conduct an abuse test if you wanted (think solving uni level differential equations, being left uncapped for minutes at times due to writer's block, etc.). Uusually write with my Lamy Logo and Geha Schulfüller, and their nibs range from EF to F. Would write in Medium if I've got to, but not anything bigger than that. Stubs are an exception, though. ;) Oh, and me likey likey semi-flex, but not flexy. These nibs are usually stainless, but I've written with a 14k/18k gold nib before, and it was like being totally in pen heaven. Would love to have that experience again.

Size-wise, although I prefer small pens, I found the German "standard"-sized pens too small. :( Guess around 14cm long is nice.

So far, being a student means confining my spending habits to sub-50 EUR pens. Anything more than that, I'll get used or secondhand. Now currently saving up for a more expensive pen this year though. Might try to snatch one Pelikan M805 or the likes when I've managed to save up enough!

Hope I could be one of those testers, despite the fact so many already signed up for it. Guess I should try checking out the forums more often. :/

Oh, would also like to help naming them too! Just send me the details!

Edited by Joker4Eva

I too would love to help test pens. I use every nib size from XF to 1.1 mm italic depending on my mood and whether I'm writing margin notes or signing a document. Definitely look for smoothness though. As for price, for me, budget keeps me to pens below $150 and purchases that dear are few and far between. I try to stick to under $50.

Gary

I think you have a fair amount of good quality testers to choose from.. If....and there is always an if and a little hope therefore that you need or would like the opinion of a Welsh girl and her teenage daughter we would be more than happy to help out.

I mostly use EF steel nibs but have some gold nibs that I love too...I don't collect one thing but more of what I fancy so I can have a change. I prefer Piston fillers but appreciate the convenience of a c/c too.

My collection goes includes, Lamy, Noodlers, Edison, Pilot, Pelikan, Pilot, Sheaffer modern and vintage and Faber Castell. I really like things that look pretty and have a range of colour options. I use them in everyday life.

My daughter uses them every day in school and has a collection of vintage and more modern pens.

We are more than happy to help with the testing if you would like two for the price of one as they say.........

If not best of luck and we will be more than happy to help with the naming.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

I would be happy to assist in the test process.

As for the name, you mention there will be 13 different colors -- would I be right to assume that the style of the pen would remain the same? in that case I would suggest "Spektrum."

As for my pen preferences, my tastes the gamut. My current rotation includes:

Omas 360 medium nib

Pelikan Sahara, Fine nib.

Visconti Homo Sapien, extra-fine nib

Montegrappa Nero Uno fine nib

S.T. Dupont Defi, fine nib.

TWSBI 540, fine nib.

Lamy Safari, extra-fine nib

Lamy 2000, medium nib.

Franklin Christoph 1901, 0.9 italic.

I tend to prefer finer nibs -- they suit my handwriting. I also prefer pens that have some weight to them -- very lightweight pens can, for me, be as uncomfortable to use as one made out of rods of steel. Really, what I look for is good balance and a responsive nib.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Hi all

Pretty soon I will release a new line of pens and I need help with two things.

1. Testing, do you want to help me test the pen? Write with it for a few days, let me know how it feels, if I need to change anything. As a thank you you get to keep the pen.

2. Naming, There will be 13 different colours in the line and I need help naming them. If the name you propose gets elected you will win a pen in that color.

More about this later.....

Now I need some info on what nibs you usually use? Steel nibs? Gold nibs? Size? Price range?

So come on, let me know what you want!?

Kind regards

Niklas

Me too!!

I have a wide range of pens - Cheap £2 - Expensive £800.

I prefer a western fine/Japanese medium but I've got EEF-B nibs on various pens.

I have no preference for gold/steel/titanium/palladium as long as they are smooth, I hate scratchy.

I like a nib to be a bit "soft" with some give - not flexy and not a nail. However I have some of both of these too!!

I like most filling systems but not so keen on eyedroppers.

I've got 40+ years of FP experience.

I'm in the UK

Can I have the job!!

PS I like pens in all sizes too - got pocket pens like Kaweco and quite large pens like the Visconti HS Oversize or Kaigelu 316. The MB 149 is a bit too big for me!!

Edited by alc3261

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

What the heck, Niklas, add my name to the list of people interested in evaluating your new line of pens. I like gold and steel nibs equally, and palladium ain't bad either. I have been using fountain pens daily for over 50 years now.

What materials and filling systems are you considering? This, plus the nib material, would help us come up with a better range estimate for pricing. Personally, any pen in the US $200 range qualifies for a potential "impulse buy," get much higher than that range and more rationalization serious consideration and reflection are required. :rolleyes:

Will

-----------------

Will von Dauster

I use fountain pens both in my work (as an artist) and in my personal correspondence. I use both steel and gold nibs, leaning toward the F/EF end (Japanese nibs are very appealing), but also own and use Italian italics and stubs (for calligraphy). I love vintage flex and dream of a modern manufacturer offering one in a mass produced line. I often use sac filling systems (with traditional water-soluble inks) but tend toward piston-fillers when using pigmented inks (in conjunction with watercolor washes).

If you still need testers and are looking for someone to evaluate the pen's use in correspondence and drawing (both in the studio and under field conditions) I would be thrilled to participate.

http://earnestward.blogspot.com

http://www.earnestward.com

Cheers!

[IMG]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/IMG]

I'd love to test too! I tend to use XF / F / M nibs in whatever metal they land in, hooded and non-hooded. So far my most expensive purchase has been a Sonnet but I'm looking to move up in the pen world eventually...! :embarrassed_smile: