New Line Of Pens!

Nordic Pen Imports

I'll give one a shot. Would be interesting to see the reaction to folks out here in N. Dakota to see a Scandinavian FP. Might even help convince my boss, who has a small Swedish flag decal on her office door that FP's aren't all that bad.

I almost always use EF or F nibs, in part because I almost always using really bad paper. That, and, well, my handwriting is such that other options would probably be bad.

The pens I own range in price from ~$40 - $300 US. Mostly steel nibs, with one 14K gold Pelikan nib.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlequin

• Nordic Pen Imports

• Cyber6

• Cognaticrotty

I would also be willing to help test your new line of pens...I tend to use western fine nibs and cursive italics with very little flex...I normally use steel nibs and the pens in my collection range from $10- up to $200 dollars...The important part for me in a pen is durability since I use it daily at work and how it clips to my, and stays attached, to my shirt.

Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys - P. J. O'Rourke

Oooh oooh! I want to!

Nibs from Japanese XF to broad (rarely broad); most often Western fine. I'm experimenting with flex for the first time and really love it so far (steel flex nib). I like pretty good-sized pens, but mostly I want LOTS OF INK (pistons etc.) I've done calligraphy since...1980! (Wow, I had to add that up in my head. Now I feel old.) I don't love writing with italic or stub nibs for every day, though.

My everyday writers right now are TWSBI 530/540 models, a Noodler's Ahab, a Sailor ProGear, and an Italix Parson's Essential.

Just came across this post and wish you well in your endeavors. Of course, I'd like to help test your new line! As for preferred nib size, I am in the fine and extra-fine camp, Japanese width rather than German. Steel is fine; gold is nice. Smoothness is important. I've kept my purchases per pen under $150, many well under that. (Just FYI, I really dislike pens with skinny barrels.)

Hi all

Pretty soon I will release a new line of pens and I need help with two things.

1. Testing, do you want to help me test the pen? Write with it for a few days, let me know how it feels, if I need to change anything. As a thank you you get to keep the pen.

2. Naming, There will be 13 different colours in the line and I need help naming them. If the name you propose gets elected you will win a pen in that color.

More about this later.....

Now I need some info on what nibs you usually use? Steel nibs? Gold nibs? Size? Price range?

So come on, let me know what you want!?

Kind regards

Niklas

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Hi all

1. Testing, do you want to help me test the pen? Write with it for a few days, let me know how it feels, if I need to change anything. As a thank you you get to keep the pen.

2. Naming, There will be 13 different colours in the line and I need help naming them. If the name you propose gets elected you will win a pen in that color.

Now I need some info on what nibs you usually use? Steel nibs? Gold nibs? Size? Price range?

Kind regards

Niklas

Would love to help you out. My favorites are Parker's from the "Metal cap" decades...gold nibs in medium/broad/oblique.

Mike

In the unlikely possibility that you need more than 40plustesters, I would be delighted to help. As for nibs, I use steel and gold nibs ranging from Asian broad to extra fine.

In the unlikely possibility that you need more than 40plustesters, I would be delighted to help. As for nibs, I use steel and gold nibs ranging from Asian broad to extra fine.

I'd also be happy to help test if you're still looking for people. I have all steel nibs (too cheap for gold), prefer B and stubs, from $3 to $50. Good luck on your project I can't wait to see them.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you always know they're there...

Hi Niklas,

I'd love to join your testing team! Pencil me in!

I guess I'm kind of laissez-faire when it comes to nibs: regularly use both steel and gold nibs, and both vintage and modern pens. I use the flexible gold nibs for copperplate/engravers' style calligraphy, as well as the Noodlers flex nibs for practice. I use F or EF pens for note taking and journalling; and the cursive and crisp italic pens for more calligraphic writing. Price range is from $20 up to $300 but most are in the middle range.

I do a lot of writing, so I'm happiest with a pen I can comfortably use for long writing sessions. That said, there are a lot of different barrel and section styles that I use often, so I'm adaptable, up to a point. ;)

As for naming the pens, that would be fun! Although if you throw in some challenging pen styles, the names might get too colorful to use. lol

You have many great volunteers already, but I really like and appreciate your offer so just wanted to chime in and say good luck!

While I would enjoy being a tester, It appears that you already have several folks that beat me to it. I like a medium nib but also dont mind a fine as long as it is smooth. Material dosnt matter to me. As for names, I am looking forward to seeing your line to see if anything comes to mind.

I'd love to test as well. I use almost every size of nib you can imagine (XF,F, M, B, BB, stubs, CIs) - I love the variety. I've done a few reviews here over the years and would love to do one on a pen made by a forum participant!

Cheers,

NM

I'm more than happy to help test, my experience is mostly with fine steel nibs, with no flex. I also write a lot with stubs. I look forward to helping with the naming.

I'd love to test, but you really have a lot of qualified testers so far.

I like any size pen that is smoooth.... from needlepoint (I have a Sheaffer xf that is just :cloud9: but you have to put very dark ink in it to see the line!) all the way up to 2OB, for a daily user, largest size pen I care for is around 6". Nib material is irrelevant, it's all about performance!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Kind regards

Niklas

The thing that stops me from buying pens most often are the wide nib sizes. Many pens (like the Lamy2000 and Studio) have EF nibs that are closer to mediums than anything I would consider extra fine. Others don't even offer EF nibs which immediately excludes them from my consideration. Also nice would be stubs smaller than 1.1 which I personally find too large for everyday writing. For the most part I don't mind steel nibs, many are perfectly acceptable and gold nibs aren't always worth the extra cost.

I'm late to the party, but I would love to test pens if you're still looking. And definitely want to be updated when you release the colors! I love colorful pens and there don't seem to be nearly enough out there.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

In the unlikely event you still need more testers, sign me up! I use everything from cheapie <$10 pens all the way up to an MB146, and use both gold and steel nibs. I tend to favor fine nibs, either stiff or flexible -- not really a fan of broad nibs unless they're stubs/italics. As for pen size, I use every size. Sounds like a fun project. I don't think I can help with naming though, as I'm not all that creative in that way.

Hi all

Kind regards

Niklas

Hi Niklas,

I would definately be interested to thoroughly test your pens. I mainly use italic and stub nibs, 75% of my pens having steel nib. I typically use average to slightly above average size pens (Pelikan M600, TWSBI 540, Lamy 2000 and Vista, MB 146). I have few expensive pens but the majority are in the $75 to $200 range. Thanks for offering us the opportunity to try your upcoming pens.

Cheers,

Pierre

Hi all

Kind regards

Niklas

I would love to test a pen.

I prefer fine nibs as I use them all day, 2 cartridges a day on average. Nib materials dont mater much to me as long as the pen is smooth.

I have XXXL size hands so very large is a must or the ability to cpost the cap.

Price? If it writes exceptionall well does it matter?

**************************************************************************************

Whining: (Verb) Presenting a problem without a well thought out solution

**************************************************************************************

Niklas,

This is like offering heroin to addicts! I'm in!

I have about 330 pens, all of recent (within the last 40 years or so) vintage and have written a couple of reviews that you can access.

I mostly use medium and stub nibs. Mostly gold.

I have and use everything, from the cheapest Chinese pens to a Pelikan 1000, Omas 360, Montblanc 146; from Acme, Ancora, and Aurora to Waterman, WingSung and Yard-o-Led.

Edited by tutelman

I'm happy to help in testing and naming. I've been a fountain pen user for about 25 years. Mostly I favor M nibs and pens in the size range of the M400-600. That varies though, i have F, B, 3B, stub, cursive italic, etc. My price range spans the very cheap like a Hero 616 at about 2 bucks to limited edition Namiki Yukari Royale at about $10,000. Typically I buy in the $100-200 range but splurge occasionally. Let me know what I need to do to participate.

John

Hi,

I generally prefer pens with fine nibs finer nibs—Japanese fine European EF and finer. I like pens that are easily pocketed which generally means not too large or heavy, a closed length of 135mm or less works best as does a maximum diameter off under 15mm and weight of under 30g. I like a pen that posts securely and is well balanced when posted. Faceted barrels are a nice touch too, no preference for either screw on snap on caps as long as the cap is secure. Solid colours or subdued patterns and ideally, in the case of bright or light colours, a contrasting black section. Preferred filling mode is usually cartridge converter.

I buy mostly steel nibbed pens as they work well and are reasonably priced. Most of the pens I buy are under $100 but I've spent considerably more for a few special pens. Pens are tools of me, I use them for drawing, writing drafts and organizing my thoughts.

Cheers