Top Posters In This Topic

• Santak

• fiberdrunk

• TSherbs

• Inkheart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

603076_10200258965053780_106249297_n.jpg

This is stunningly beautiful. The color. The writing. Everything. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

I agree; I keep coming back to this post just for the eye candy of the lovely color and gorgeous script.

As to the recipe, I confess I am tempted to try. :hmm1: Thankfully, I have metric measuring spoons!

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

• 3 weeks later...

I came upon this site the other day and noticed it had Saffron at what I consider a very reasonable price. As yet I have not purchased anything from them so any other site on the web selling something it is up to you if you feel comfortable dealing with them (http://shop.khanapakana.com)

If I can ever find an inexpensive source for saffron, I'd love to! A few strands run around $15 or more. That's even more expensive than aleppo galls. Have you done any lightfast tests on your ink? How would a writing sample hold up in a sunny window, for instance? I'm more apt to try an ink if I know it is really permanent. That is my personal quest, even though it leaves me with somewhat boring (by comparison) black or gray or brown inks!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin

For now, I am content purchasing my saffron ink. When/if no one sells a good saffron ink, I will remember to look here for a recipe. It is my current favorite ink color. Simply beautiful. (I have Caran D'Ache)

For now, I am content purchasing my saffron ink. When/if no one sells a good saffron ink, I will remember to look here for a recipe. It is my current favorite ink color. Simply beautiful. (I have Caran D'Ache)

Test it with water and alcohol. Genuine saffron ink cannot be removed by water or alcohol easily. I guess Caran D'Ache Saffron is ink imitating color of saffron.

Edited by Santak

Write and enjoy the process.

Test it with water and alcohol. Genuine saffron ink cannot be removed by water or alcohol easily. I guess Caran D'Ache Saffron is ink imitating color of saffron.

Most of my pens are "imitations" too! B)

I use Parker IM and Hero pens for saffron ink. Despite saffron ink doesn't corrupt them at all, I tested it many times, the ink has neither acidity nor suspensions, also there aren't clogging issues, I rarely use my Sonnet, Premier and Duofold to write with homemade ink. But I have no concern with using this ink.

Edited by Santak

I use Parker IM and Hero pens for saffron ink. Despite saffron ink doesn't corrupt them at all, I tested it many times, the ink has neither acidity nor suspensions, also there aren't clogging issues, I rarely use my Sonnet, Premier and Duofold to write with homemade ink. But I have no concern with using this ink.

Awesome!

Absolutely fascinating... I loved Caran d'Ache Saffron. Now it's discontinued, this is great!

looks very nice and it would be interesting to make. on my screen it looks a lot like Noodlers Apache Sunset, my fav orange ink -shading and all. good job, Santak!

• 3 weeks later...

8361_237103999767639_1734354518_n.jpg

BEAUTIFUL.

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

• 1 month later...

Every once in a while you post these pics just to tease us!

İt became more darker and deeper, now, it is now saffron color, it is something between golden and saffron.