Diamine Music Collection - Schubert

Bhavna

A lovely summery colour with a teal accent, great shading and a divine sheen.

fpn_1354802159__schubert_review_sml.jpg

fpn_1354802196__schubert_sheen_sml.jpg

fpn_1354802223__schubert_shading_sml.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• AlejoPlay

• Chrissy

• Jadie

When I first saw this ink, my mind went: oooo! Iroshizuku Ku-jaku's sister. Then I saw the sheen, which reminded me of Diamine Steel Blue...making this...a Steel Peacock Blue? Very nice ink.

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Namaste Bhavna,

Very nice review, but the ink is too light for my taste.

Thanks.

Om Sai Ram,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

notworthy1.gifnotworthy1.gifnotworthy1.gif My favourite of the 10 so far. Thank you Bhavna. That sheen is tantalising!

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

When I first saw this ink, my mind went: oooo! Iroshizuku Ku-jaku's sister. Then I saw the sheen, which reminded me of Diamine Steel Blue...making this...a Steel Peacock Blue? Very nice ink.

Jadie that is a gorgeous description! I MUST get some Steel Blue! I have no experience of Iroshizuku inks, but they sound delightful!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Namaste Bhavna,

Very nice review, but the ink is too light for my taste.

Thanks.

Om Sai Ram,

goldenkrishna

Namaste,

Thank you for your kind words. It has some beautiful properties, but yes it is a light colour.

Sai Ram,

Bhavna

notworthy1.gifnotworthy1.gifnotworthy1.gif My favourite of the 10 so far. Thank you Bhavna. That sheen is tantalising!

The sheen had me drooling too. It is crazy. 3 sheening inks (that I have observed!) out of 10 - how cool is that!! I am glad you have enjoyed the inks EB. Warm wishes to you. cloud9.gif

Great review of a great color! It reminds me a lot of (Diamine) Sherwood Green, but lighter. That reddish sheen against the green backdrop is absolutely stunning in person. :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Great review of a great color! It reminds me a lot of (Diamine) Sherwood Green, but lighter. That reddish sheen against the green backdrop is absolutely stunning in person. :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Thank you so much! Would LOVE some tips on getting those pesky sheen to co-operate!! It is lovely!

Hi folks I am adding this here as I cannot edit the OP. I hope this answers some water resistance questions. I will post this same photo for each ink. I hope it is of use!

fpn_1354982440__music_set_water_drop_test_sml.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

very nice ink color thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 years later...

So I have a sample of this and I love it. What can I get that looks and shades and sheens like this? Is Yama-Dori anywhere close? I have held off on that because I have Ku-Jaku but Schubert pops so much more!

So I have a sample of this and I love it. What can I get that looks and shades and sheens like this? Is Yama-Dori anywhere close? I have held off on that because I have Ku-Jaku but Schubert pops so much more!

I have a sample of Schubert to review, so I will be sure to use Sailor Yama-dori as a comparison ink when I do the review.

I have a sample of Schubert to review, so I will be sure to use Sailor Yama-dori as a comparison ink when I do the review.

Thank you.

I've held off getting Yama-Dori for fear that in my preferred nib width it wouldn't look any different than Ku-Jaku but if it looks like Schubert, I am so getting a bottle!

Yama dori is very like Schubert. It produces a lot of sheen, and has a green component that puts it closer to syo-ro than ku-jaku.

Edited by gmax

✒️ :happyberet:

I like the Schubert but it's close enough to the Yama-dori to suit my needs for that color. It seems a little more green and the Sailor a little more blue. Of course, I don't have a governor on how many reds I have that are nearly identical to Grenade.

Thank you.

I've held off getting Yama-Dori for fear that in my preferred nib width it wouldn't look any different than Ku-Jaku but if it looks like Schubert, I am so getting a bottle!

I also have PI Syo-ro and Ku-jaku

Thanks, guys. Just went ahead and ordered Yama-Dori from Jet Pens (and some Pelikan Tanzanite carts for the one Chinese pen I like to use)

I finally got Yama-Dori! It's a stunner and waaaaay better than Ku-Jaku. There's so much going on with that ink.

And yes, Schubert is a dead ringer for Yama-Dori, but Yama-Dori gives me way more shading and sheen in the same pen (a Pilot Metropolitan M nib)