• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• ribbit

• ychung

• hari317

Nice pen and thank you for sharing the experience of meeting Mr. Yoshida.

Let's see this Danitrio that was waiting at your door.

the ao tamenuri was sold after I went back today..... oh well, saved my wallet!

it looked like a green tinge to me but I should clarify that it is more blue than green. ? aquamarine blue for lack of a better description. thanks ribbit for showing the photos. The problem with nakayas is that they are awfully hard to photograph i find. they look so much better in the flesh. I spoke to Mr Yoshida today and he says they can custom make an ascending dragon with ao tamenuri (tame sukashi) finish for me. I think it would look pretty cool with a light blue dragon on a dark blue background. He needs to check on the pricing back in Japan and get back to me. i shudder to find out but excited all the same :puddle:

i hope the lady who bought the ao tamenuri can post the photos here if she's part of fpn. mr yoshida had 2 for sale. one in piccolo and one in portable.

@ lisa: ... hairline matt over blue.... yummy

while on the topic of photos, I was very pleased to meet Leigh Reyes again this afternoon. For the uninitiated, she's like a mini celeb to those of us who follow her blog on flex pens and I was lucky to get to try out her daily carry pens. Very generous of her. So I snapped a few photos (using my iphone , sorry....) of her nakayas that she purchased. so pretty. :clap1:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/ychung77/file-13.jpg

I also note that she also bought a special trial production nakaya from tokyo a while ago. its a coffee coloured ishime which is larger than the standard piccolo. i like this one.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/ychung77/file-15.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/ychung77/file-14.jpg

oh and here is my danitrio. a simple raw bamboo ebonite but with a fantastic wet writing semi flex stub nib. :cloud9: i just need to find some new "clothing" for this danitrio since its going to be one of my daily carrys. it too big to fit in any of my pen cases. again, it looks better in the flesh but I'm hopeless with photos

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/ychung77/file-16.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/ychung77/file-17.jpg

all in all, I'm very grateful to have had mr yoshida tune my pen and am looking forward to finalizing my next purchase soon. the killer is the wait. :gaah:

Wow, ychung, that is awesome! I also love going to Leigh Reyes' blog.

Thanks for sharing the additional photos :)

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

I am so excited about your experience! Well done! Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos, through them it was as if I shared something of your experience.

Congratulations for your new pen; could you post a writing sample? That nib must be amazing to write with! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Aris

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

Ychung, congratulations on your beautiful pens and fabulously good time! The possibility of a slightly bigger piccolo is making it harder to resist the siren call of Nakaya. About the color of the Ao tamenuri, I thought heki was the blue-green/aqua color?

http://www.nakaya.org/en/review.aspx?id=11083&type=body

Should be a link to a heki pen.

Edited by ribbit

Ychung, congratulations on your beautiful pens and fabulously good time! The possibility of a slightly bigger piccolo is making it harder to resist the siren call of Nakaya. About the color of the Ao tamenuri, I thought heki was the blue-green/aqua color?

http://www.nakaya.org/en/review.aspx?id=11083&type=body

Should be a link to a heki pen.

heki tamenuri to me looks olive lime greenish with brown base tones

the good times continue tomorrow with a thanksgiving dinner and yoshida san as the guest of honour. i can;t wait to finish work... :rolleyes:

Very happy for you, Yvonne -- plus dinner with Mr. Yoshida! How great is that?!

Maybe he will come to the LA Pen Show, and we will have a chance to meet and fete him.

I'm vaguely remembering that he or maybe it was a gentleman from Sailor visited John Mottishaw's "shop" was it last August? Hm....

And Leigh Reyes, too! She and a couple of other members got me curious about Nakaya. :-)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I also note that she also bought a special trial production nakaya from tokyo a while ago. its a coffee coloured ishime which is larger than the standard piccolo. i like this one.

Do I see an ink window on this pen? Isn't that "new" for Nakaya?

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Do I see an ink window on this pen? Isn't that "new" for Nakaya?

I think that's just reflections from overhead lights. What IS interesting is the nib cut-outs on each side...haven't seen that before. :huh: Maybe that's for added flex?

What IS interesting is the nib cut-outs on each side...haven't seen that before. :huh: Maybe that's for added flex?

That is the Nakaya "Elastic" nib. Link.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing, thanks so much for sharing your pens and your time in the shop, the pictures are wonderful. You know, you either get our affliction or you don't and from experience, most do not. mellow.gif

Michael

Wow! Congratulations with you purchase.

You are very fortuned to meet Mr. Yoshida or even seeing these masterpieces in the flesh. Changes of me seeing them IRL are very low so I thank you very much for sharing your story and pictures. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Don't have a Nakaya jet but someday, someday.....

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the ao tamenuri picture Nakaya sent me

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt337/hawkfall/Tamenuri-Ao.jpg

I liked the first one so much, the coloration is so unique, that I was able to get ahold of them in Tokyo. To make a long story short, sometime in March I should have one with a nice stub nib to add to the other two I own. No cheap, but I love the colors.

• 1 month later...