• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll try my best at brevity.

-31 year old Californian

-Office Manager, but volunteer often as an events coordinator

Interests include, but certainly not limited to:

-Single malt scotch whisky (especially from the Islay region)

-Micro and craft beer (I coordinate a beerfest annually and co-coordinate an Oktoberfest event too, among other events)

-Reading

-Pens and inks (of course)

-Sunglasses

-Knitting

-Criterion Movies

-Not understanding pop-cultural references (I don't own a TV and I don't wanna)

-Office supplies (why I became an office manager--paradise!)

Much like the last few posters, my cursive is not so pristine, but, through consist letter writing, I'd like to improve on it.

Pen pal does not have to have same interests, only a willingness to write. I do ask, however, that said pen pal be, at minimum, 25 years of age.

Thanks!

Met my short limit of Pen Pals!

Edited by haruka337

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I would love to try this, but fear my writing may not be up to the task, haha. It's been a loooong time since I've broken out the cursive, and I'm only now trying to improve my handwriting. If anyone would like to send me any, I'm game. Just bear with me on the replies :blush:

Mini bio:

I'm 33, male, married, live in Texas, am a recreational pilot, enjoy movies, golf, PC games, and old stuff (like fountain pens, wax seals, straight razors, etc.).

Would love to correspond with people in other countries (England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany being my main countries of ancestry), but would gladly talk to people from the homeland :lticaptd:

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested. I am a 55, soon to be 56 year old woman. I am prematurely retired. I have a companion who is a tiny budgie Parakeet named Shaka; Shaka does not write or like fountain pens, or laptops. I love to write, I am a constant journal writer, used to be a poet in my former life. Also, used to be a librarian, school librarian, Substitute teacher and finally a part time receptionist before calling it a wrap; enjoying mostly the blessing of turning lemons into lemonade and declaring myself retired. I am trying to redevelop interest in walking for exercise. Rediscovering my love for reading.

Right now, my interest is in learning more about journal writing in general, therapeutic journal writing, also memoir writing. I also do a little Huffington Post-social media posting, but I do not think I am interested in writing about politics or religion. I am spiritual. I also like collecting quotes, affirmations. I live in my Truth and believe in authenticity.

Beyond all of that I am pretty much open. My latest craze is in Iroshizuku inks. I have both 15ml bottles and sample inks and would love to have a better reason to use them other than writing in my journal or writing to people known just because I love writing; they don't share my passion. I would love to send and receive letters, I also would like to send cards sometimes also with writing inside. I love stationary. I would love to write letters with someone, perhaps another writer, poet, someone who writes, doesn't have to be poetry genre. If a fellow poet, perhaps we can also exchange letters with poetry of our own or those of other poets, whose work resonates with either of us. Also, tend to write like I speak, so there may be commas, periods, but mostly stream of conscious writing, so be prepared/warned.

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

So I currently have no penpals and am posting here to change that hopefully!

I'm 29 years old, and live in the USA, in New Jersey. I was originally born in New York City and lived there until my late teens. I happen to be of the female persuasion. I'm new to this hobby, just came aboard earlier this month and would love someone I could exchange letters with who might also be able to impart knowledge and wisdom on the subject to me. I am a bit of a girly girl but value intellect and good humor. I enjoy stories and all mediums that they can be conveyed through (tv shows, films, plays, books, even the occasional video game). I think having someone to correspond with would be good incentive for me to stay focused on this hobby in the face of what can sometimes be a stressful job.

Full disclosure: I'm working on improving my handwriting, so please don't expect anything fancy and artistic just yet, though I do try and plan to continue to work on that area. I can also essentially much guarantee your letters from me will either be written in pink ink or on pink paper. Just in case that might put you off, I wouldn't want anyone to be too surprised by that.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested!

I think I'm at my limit for now, though if you're particularly convincing I'm sure I can be swayed in the future.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

I posted on here along time ago, but would like to try again. Things have changed tremendously since the last time I posted. However here is a quick breakdown.

I am 36 year old male soon to be 37. I live in North Carolina. I have my best partner in crime, Hank, my dog. I work in the restaurant business, and former Database professional.

I am currently converting to Catholicism and would love to exchange letters with a practicing Catholic. That is not required, but it would be nice. I love music, dogs, tea, cooking, and reading. If you feel like you would like to communicate, pm me and we will get things started.

Hi guys! I'm looking to start writing to a few penpals!

I'm 17, from Texas, I'm into Video Games, Writing, Cartoons, and some other stuff. Mainly those three though!
If you're interested, shoot me a message! Thanks! :)

Thought I would give this another go.

I am a thirty year old Greek Orthodox Christian priest living in Wyoming (though I am a native Texan). I do bivocational ministry, so in other words, I have a secular job on the side (I do Info Technology). Aside from enjoying cooking, pens, teas, inks, and collecting music albums (my musical tastes are eclectic. I write this as I have two cds - Wagner's Valkyrie and Handsome Boy Modeling School - on my desk), I enjoy the occasional letter on philosophy. I am also a history buff, having graduated with a degree in Ancient History from my alma mater (go UT).

I also travel extensively. I have been to Syria (before the Civil War, of course), UAE, Mexico, France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, England, and Japan.

I accept letters on religion and spirituality, but I do not debate. I also, on a matter of principle, do not discuss politics either.

Edited by Texican

Hi

I'm from Portugal

28 years

Like music

Photography

Books

Old stuf

And recently got addicted do fp and inks

And much more

Looking for my first Pen pal

PM if interested

Hey guys,

I pretty much joined this forum to get a pen pal, as I am new to this world, and am finally understanding how to enjoy writing. I am a fairly young person, so I'm not comfortable giving out my age on the open forum, but I would love a few pen pals. My interests are:

• Cars
  • Mechanical watches
  • Fountain pens & inks
  • Soccer

I look forward to finding a few good pen pals.

PM me if you are interested in having a pen pal relationship that lasts.

Hi, I am Ronnie (ronniejoy) from NYC and have a fountain pen collection and also do some calligraphy as a hobby. I love to write letters and would love a pen pal. Please feel free to PM me for my mailing details.

I am 59 years old and with my spouse for 35 years- we have two pugs. I love NYC and never want to leave here :-)

My fountain pen collection is mid size and I like a heavy weighted big pen and adore all the ink choices we have today. I am also into yoga, wellness and fitness and having an active life!

Would love to hear from you.

Ronnie

Did you intend for this to look like a baseball? You didn't mention that as an interest.

My Pens in chronological order:

Baoer 388 - Black - M nib

Lamy AL-Star - Blue - F nib

Kaweco AL Sport - Raw aluminium - M nib

I'm mostly new to calligraphy, I got a "kit" type set from my mother in law for Christmas. (Sheaffer) and am trying to slowly relearn the skills I was taught in 9th grade art class (we spent an entire quarter working on calligraphy.)

If anyone would like to write with me and tolerate my poor skills and multi-colored inks, please let me know.

I'm a mid-20's mom of 3, I like to knit & sew and watch movies & play board games. I'm a socially-awkward nerd and although I wouldn't call myself introverted, I'm really bad at making friends. I'd prefer to write to female pen-pals, just because I have a personal experience that makes communicating with men besides my husband very uncomfortable for me.

I'm a feminist, pro-choice, LGBTQA ally, knitter weirdo - if that seems like the type of person you'd like conversing with, please feel free to message me.

:) Shelby

Hi there fellow lovers of snail mail...

My name is Mik. I live in Binghamton New York. It's upstate, part of the rust belt. I have a masters degree in art, and I used to teach High school art. I have 2 kids ages 4 and 8.

I'm new to fountain pens as an obsession, but I have always owned at least 1. Recently I have been attempting to teach myself gothic calligraphy, so if you write to me I imagine you will end up getting some. I make artisan jewelry out of recycled copper and silver and own a little micro business doing that. I intend on adding sales of restored vintage fountain pens eventually.

I am also a lover of sailing and gardening, and most things involving the great outdoors. I like to do naturalist drawing and enjoy identifying northeastern plants and flowers. I'm an avid reader and my interests are really too broad to list here.

I look forward to having interesting exchanges of letters with people from all over the world. I have enough background in Spanish to read your letters if you write to me but I would have trouble writing to you in that language and being able to write a formal letter to read but I would like to communicate with someone in Spanish speaking countries as well.

Tristan

I live in NSW, Australia and would love a penpal from another country.

Hi

I'm from Portugal

28 years

Like music

Photography

Books

Old stuf

And recently got addicted do fp and inks

And much more

Looking for my first Pen pal

PM if interested

For the moment I have reached my limit for penpall's

Thanks

To all the FPNer's I used to write to.

I have formally written to you privately explaining why I can't continue corresponding via snail mail.

I'm posting this to tell everyone else that every so often, its "ok" to fail and admit failure. Its not a fault, just a setback. I wish I thought like that months ago.

To admit failure because life gets in the way is really hard. To admit that you can't continue to write due to health issues is harder still. Its not procrastination! Its perseverance with subtle frustrating activity, until you fail, which happened to me.

Pagama

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hi all!

I am looking for my penpal!

Okay, this is an odd sentence, so let me explain.

A while ago I received a letter and a post card from Chris McGregor from Edinburgh, UK, but he never mentioned his address, so now that I have finally written my reply, I don't know where to send it off to!

So if anyone here knows this lovely man, or he himself is reading this, please send me a PM, since I would hate to lose such a lovely pen friend.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png
Hey! I'm Skylar! I am quite new to all of this, but am a very friendly person :3
If you wanna exchange snail-mail, my 'about me' in on page 51 on the snail mail list, and if you like what you see - pm me!

Hello, here speaks Copypaste.

I am 17 yr old girl from Finland. I am in high school, as if I can set my educational institution to any word of English. I study especially natural sciences. Maybe it makes all people think weird, what am I even doing here.

I have enjoyed writing snail mail in the past, but as I speak, I have lost all the people to snail mail to. I enjoy the feel of reading handwritten mail and sending it myself. I also am interested in art and the supplies to make art with. I want to get to writing snail mail, and could not get better place to say it into my mind, than here.

As So, I would like to snail mail. Anyone?

Hi all!

I am looking for my penpal!

Okay, this is an odd sentence, so let me explain.

A while ago I received a letter and a post card from Chris McGregor from Edinburgh, UK, but he never mentioned his address, so now that I have finally written my reply, I don't know where to send it off to!

So if anyone here knows this lovely man, or he himself is reading this, please send me a PM, since I would hate to lose such a lovely pen friend.

This is one of the reasons why I find it handy to include my board name at least in a first letter, as it helps if addresses are forgotten, PMs deleted, etc, in re-establishing contact.

Kind regards

Timothy