Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Looking for a penpal or two. Preferably someone who has had them in the past or currently has one or more and understands that writing letters isn't just something that "sounds like fun!" I've had many of those over the past 9 years and none have lasted more than a couple of letters. If you are an experienced letter writer and are considering another penpal please check my profile and if interested send me a pm. All topics okay with me as I don't take differences of opinion as a person insult. Thank you.

He who says he knows but does not act does not yet know.
~ Wang Yangming

When I grow up I want to be just like Calvin.

~ Me

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the additional post; I posted about a year ago but I didn't follow through as I had second thoughts.

I'm open to letters from male US citizens (a restriction necessary due to an amazing young lady (who is now thoroughly addicted to fountain pens and safety razors) having an exclusive right to my letters and my employment). I'm a 28 y/o male Christian computer geek who likes videography, photography, guns, safety razor shaving, and (of course) fountain pens.

Edited by JordanN

i want to contact with people that sketch with fountain pens. Would love to have letters sprinkled with sketches of the subject included on the letter or not. Creative letters with colors or sketches, the craziest the better. Just send whatever you like to sketch or doodle. i have several pens and little to sketh or talk about so i want to be inspired. I am always making doodles and for this type of exchange i don't think that age matters. I could be exchanging doodles with a 105 years old or a 15 year old. Male or female or alien. i would prefer USA based so that letters come and go fast. Mayybe we could send subjects so each will sketch what th eother wants . I woudl like to know of the environment you live in, your city, old legens if available, characteristic people or subject everyone knows in town, etc... My interests are many. I read sci-fi and esoteric themes, sometimes social and political, some biographies... Sometimes i read about meditation. I like the arts and teh sciences. That includes everything in the universe. I have a strange sens eof humor and i am almost always happy.

Name: Algester

Location: Philippines, yes yes I know if there are Australians reading this it will feel weird I KNOW AND I DIDNT EXPECT IT WILL BE LIKE THAT

currently NEET, jaded with life, though this will be the first time I will be sending and receiving letters most likely...

hobbies: would I say I like to cook and experiment with tea and coffee, playing japanese adult games, and post some "reviews" on my blog :X call me an otaku, but I'm a never full fledged one

Education: I wish I could be passionate about my thesis but I just couldnt finish it and left college because of it but pretty much what was left of my obligation was OJT and thesis the impossible 2 for me.

Interests: science, philosophy, and otaku-culture... though sometimes I'm still surprised what Japan comes up with

Edited by Algester

I have to interject here. For anyone unsure of having a pen pal, some of us old buggers had them in grade school. B) We also grew up on writing letters to our friends in other towns/cities/countries and we sent letters to our relatives. That's just how we communicated and it was AWESOME. You have no idea the joy one gets when you get your mail and there is a letter from someone. Most of us get nothing but junk mail or bills anymore. How sad.

If you are in doubt, I highly recommend the pen pal experience! It will improve your penmanship, get you new friends and you will learn something. And best of all, you will experience the joy of getting handwritten correspondence.

For the record, when we had to box up my grandmothers house, some of the most wonderful treasures we found were letters written by my aunts and uncles when they were kids and the responses received! I doubt that I am alone when I say I kept and do keep letters as they are small treasures and a view into another part of this world.

Now, jump in and grab a few pen pals. GO!

:D

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Me too! Katya, (SouvenirCat on FPN), 40 years old, teach English. Part of the interests is in the profile. Books, movies, poetry, languages, jogging, healthy lifestyle. Theatre.

Languages:

Russian (native)

English (advanced)

French (j'peux m'exprimer, mais je fais des fautes)

German - passive now. I'll understand what you are writing, but will respond in English.

I am looking for penpals for exchanging some news of everyday life. For cultural exchange. And besides, it's a good language practice.

It might be not easy at the beginning, so probably the first letters, when I still know little of you, will not be very long.

Welcome!

Edited by SouvenirCat

The cat in my profile picture is a painting by Oxana Zaika.

This sounds like so much fun! Count me in! A bit about me:

Name: Shayla

I spend a lot of time at work (I am a jeweler and I work in a Tea shop) and in class. I am a third year college student and I take notes often, so fountain pens give me an opportunity to spice things up in my day to day. I speak English and am at an intermediate German level. I study business and mathematics (I have previously studied economics and medicine). I like anime, sketching, story-writing (fanfiction and non-fiction mostly), painting, and I sculpt with polymer clay a lot.

I would be looking for someone with the same interests and who would be interested in sending and receiving pen (and maybe other if some other interests match up) care packages.

-Shayla

Edited by Exchletzia

Maybe not exactly, but I ACT around your age so... I think it would work :D

if so, it might just work out :) I'mma PM you :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png
Hey! I'm Skylar! I am quite new to all of this, but am a very friendly person :3
If you wanna exchange snail-mail, my 'about me' in on page 51 on the snail mail list, and if you like what you see - pm me!

Skylar.

(My flag says Canada, but I don't live there yet. I am very forgetful so I just set my flag to that so I won't forget to change it once I move.)

I always wanted a pen pal, preferrably one with common interests :)

I love music, am a musician and a singer myself. I love online games. I am a new nail technician and artist, slowly improving my skills. I recently (well, not really, it's been boiling somewhere deep in my heart for the past 4 or so years) have started being super interested by FP's and am slowly getting addicted. Who am I kidding? The past 3 days have been full of watching videos about FP's, reading about them, and looking them up on every possible website. Almost tempted to spend all my money on a collection this very moment ^^"..

Small edit: (I edit this overtime if I remember something I could write while reading the thread :P)

I forgot to mention, ASIANS! I am a huge fan of Korean and Japanese music and dramas, and I love anime. If any of you are koreans \ japanese, and would be sweet enough to also teach me your language and be friends, I'll melt right away :D

I am soon to be 18 (August 11 ;) ) teenager who has big dreams. I am a very lazy person tbh, so I might take a while to answer (snail mail? I'm the snail), but I will eventually :)

Also, I enjoy science, and I love learning. I enjoy some intelligent conversations, as well as just casual chat. I'm also a sucker for books. Don't own many, but if I could my whole room would be filled wall to wall, floor to ceiling, and in any tiny hole.

I'm pretty sure this'll be important to many of you - I am an Atheist and anti theist. I do my best to be a reasonable and rightful person. I am friendly towards religious people, but not towards their religion. I respect you, but not your beliefs. if you've got a problem with that, I'd rather you don't PM me, as I wouldn't like to disappoint.

Another thing I enjoy is TV. I don't watch much of it, but when I do I try to either watch good stuff or really funny stuff. My top fave shows are House, Dexter (although the ending was terrible!), Criminal Minds, Orange is the New Black. Movie wise, I love many of Leonardo DiCaprio's movies, although I am not interested as much in the actor himself. I also watch other movies, those are just things I could think of on top of my head.

I will stop editing this, too much information! :)

Also, I love learning languages. Just started learning Hangul (Korean alphabet).

I already seem to have 4 pen pals from around the world, so I'd like to close my list when I get to 5. I am trying to find a Korean penpal through other means (since it seems there aren't many Koreans here ^^"), and that's the person I'd like to have last on my list, simple because of my big interest in the country and colture. I hope this doesn't offend anyone!

Anyways, if you're Korean, and leave there, I'd love to be penpals with you. I am open to many new ideas and interest, so please do not restrict yourselves to what I've written previously!

Have a nice day,

Skye.

Hey! I'm Skylar! I am quite new to all of this, but am a very friendly person :3
If you wanna exchange snail-mail, my 'about me' in on page 51 on the snail mail list, and if you like what you see - pm me!

It's been a long time since I had a pen pal, but I enjoy receiving snail mail, so I thought of giving this a try.

I'm from an island in Southeast Asia and my interests are mainly in fountain pens and stationery. Before my fascination with fountain pens, I enjoyed photography as a hobby and even took up a few short-term classes. I dabble a bit in sewing and would like to learn drawing; if only I can find the time and motivation! One of my childhood ambitions was to be a writer but that never came to fruition, neither did my dreams of being an etymologist or zookeeper! I enjoy the written word, although I don't read as much as I would like. I occasionally instruct teenagers although I'm not a teacher.

My faith is important to me, as are my personal values. I know my personal description is a little cryptic, but drop me a note and if we hit off, I'll tell you more! Looking forward to having at least one pen pal!

I'm glad I found this thread, I've been looking for a pen pal for some time. Here's a bit about me:

Name: Michelle

Loc: Long Beach, CA

Interests:

- writing (duh) short-stories & longer (fanfiction, and non)

- music - classical, classic rock, oldies, etc. (Favorites = Beatles, Mozart).

- reading - fav authors = Tolkien, C.S.Lewis, Dick Francis, Arthur Conan Doyle, Ian Flemming, also like Star Trek books, Neil Gaiman, some fanfiction, & more!

- television - Star Trek: TOS (and some of the others), Emergency!, The Monkees, other old stuff.

- movies - don't watch a lot of new movies, but am avid Tom Cruise fan. Most other movies, I will end up seeing after they come out on vid if they interest me. Fan of action/suspense for the most part.

Guess this is good to start. I've never had a pen pal outside of family members, so looking forward to trying this out. :)

Have picked up a few pen pals, and I think I am "full up" for now. :)

Thank you!

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a pen pal to give snailing a first try!
I'm into fountainpens for about a year now, call 3 my own and want to put them to use more often.
As I'm not a huge fan of journaling, a pen pal seems like a good idea!

My handwriting is.. well.. improveable but not the worst! :D

A little something about me:
Male, 26, living in Vienna, Austria.

My interests and/or topics I would love to write about with you:

Nature, hiking (we got the Alps over here), science (psychology, all natural sciences, open for new input as well!), my hometown and of course your hometown, culture, history, movies, road biking..
I'm not a professional on these topics, but very interested!

That's just a little insight in what I'm looking for, but I'm really open for anything.
If you think we got a match here, feel free to contact me. :)

I am new to fountain pens and this sounds awesome.

A little about me: I am 24 and live in Springfield, MO and I am attending seminary. I love sports, theology, and writing and would love to exchange letters with someone over any topic.

Hello, my name is Dragoş (ş can be read like 'sh' or the phonetic symbol ʃ as in shoes) and I currently live in Bucharest-Romania. I've been a fountain pen devotee for at least three quarters of my life (I'm currently 23), but have started researching and collecting vintage pens only one and a half years ago, when I discovered this wonderful community.

My interests include reading, playing the guitar, writing (mostly poetry), drawing, listening to music and most recently, astronomy. I strongly believe that peace and plenty could be achieved for all through science and thoughtful management of resources all around the world (when will we start using the sun as out main power source...?!).

I'm a spiritual atheist (life itself is my creed), and I strongly reject superstitious traditions that impair the expansion of the human intellect.

My favorite colors are Burgundy, Raspberry and Olive Green (and thankfully there are many inks with these hues widely available), and I love cooking (mostly Italian cuisine :D). The next big thing in my "life schedule" is properly learning German!

I would really love to engage in interesting conversations with you beautiful people, on any topic you may see fit, be it philosophy, astrophysics, spiritualism, mathematics, morality or the meaning of life (?!), just PM me and we'll take it from there!

Cheers!

Edited by dragos.mocanu

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

Anyone who is reading this and saw my entry - I'm maxed out :) 5 penpals is enough for now for me :) Hope everyone will find themselves a bunch of penpals and have fun sending letters :)

Well my post is pretty old now. Lost some and gained some...

I lead a pretty busy life since i started my tool and die apprenticeship, but still find some time for a few letters.

My name is Stefan. I am a male currently living in Michigan, USA. Not picky about where youre from or what your backround is.... just that we agree on fountain pens. The rest, i think can be a learning experience and a chance to see the world from anothers perspective.

If you are interested, and dont mind if it takes a couple days after receiving to write back, drop me a message and i will respond at my earliest convenience for address exchange.

Looking forward to any replies. :-)

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

Hi,

I would also like to start writing letters.

I'm 39 years old. I'm a physicists and currently working in Turkey. I lived in US for 9 years (Durham, NH and Ann Arbor, MI) and 2.5 years in Germany (Munich). I do not want to give any specific subject to write about, it could be anything and just for fun. I would love to receive letter also in German and Japanese to practice. But, they should be quite simple for me to understand and I'll try to reply :D.

Please PM me if you need mode information.

Cheers,

thesolaris

Fav. PensMB 146, Pilot Falcon, TWSBI VAC 700.

Fav. Inks:  Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Budo & Yama Guri; Diamine Syrah, Oxblood & Eclipse; J. Herbin Rouge Hematite & Vert Reseda; Noodler's Black, Red Black & Zhivago.

I'm Melody.

I'm in my late twenties, I live in New York City, and I work as a technical writer in a pretty cool consumer electronics company. I'm into pens, obviously, but I'm interested in all sorts of things, from public domain popular fiction (see my signature for a link to my blog) to hockey (a hockey fan pen pal would be pretty amazing).

I haven't had a pen pal since elementary school, but I've been rediscovering how much fun it is to write things by hand, and I'd love another outlet for that--and maybe a couple of new friends, too. I'm looking for one or two pen pals. PM me if you're interested.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

I'm Melody.

I'm in my late twenties, I live in New York City, and I work as a technical writer in a pretty cool consumer electronics company. I'm into pens, obviously, but I'm interested in all sorts of things, from public domain popular fiction (see my signature for a link to my blog) to hockey (a hockey fan pen pal would be pretty amazing).

I haven't had a pen pal since elementary school, but I've been rediscovering how much fun it is to write things by hand, and I'd love another outlet for that--and maybe a couple of new friends, too. I'm looking for one or two pen pals. PM me if you're interested.

PATTY FAIRFIELD!!!!!!!! *swoon*

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

My mom used to have lots of pen friends when she was young, I guess I should give it a try as well, although I'm starting rather late compared to her.

A little about me:

I'm 33, male and working in market research. I'm from India but at present I'm working in Singapore.

I like to read, travel, watch martial art movies and cartoons (old ones where a cat looked like a cute cat and a mouse looked like a cute mouse).

Reading at present is more restricted to reading any topic online. Outside of online, I like to read mystery/ adventure stories.

I like scuba diving but haven't done it in the last 3 years.

I also like to debate and discuss various topics (as long as they are not too abstract in nature) and I usually do that on an online community.

I have no choice as such, as to who should be my pen friend and what he/she should discuss. Any country, any faith, any ethnicity, any interest group, any gender, any age, if you feel I'm good enough to exchange letters with (in English, as I only know a couple of other Indian languages), I'll be happy.

However, if you're a die hard fan of Parker 51 or Montblanc, please excuse.

P.S. - I'm a little on the introverted side, so do not mind if my letters don't run into pages.

Edited by souro