Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Count me in please. I only tend to write letters to my father in England so I would love the opportunity to put pen to paper.

I live in Christchurch, New Zealand which I think is one of the most beautiful places in the world to live and a great place for children to grow up.

We live just outside of Christchurch with 1 1/2 acres of land surrounding the house. We have an open home policy and have many visitors come and go, they often use our place as a base to explore the South Island.

I have a wonderful wife, two great children, a Jack Russel dog called "Bingo" and a cat called "Franki". Also keep 4 chooks for the best fresh eggs.

I love anything to do with pens mostly because I like to conjour up images of the 30's and the grand old days of "dressing for dinner". I just can't image Bertie Wooster asking Jeeves for a biro.

So e-mail me for my address and send me yours. I promise to use some of my better paper and a nice colour ink. In fact I want to try out my Danitrio with Herbin violet pensee.

Seasons greetings

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to exchange snail mail. I'm the boring middle-aged bald guy in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I'm interested in history, science-fiction, and killing plants in misguided attempts to garden.

Mac in Alberta

Sometimes a technology reaches perfection and further development is just tinkering. The fountain pen is a good example of this.

Mac, I like your style especially your attempts at gardening. Letter on the way soon.

Gary

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Count me in on the snail mail!! I love to write and any opportunity i have to send it the "real " way , most certainly!!!

Jim

Vancouver,Washington

Count me in!

About me: 45 years old (until February 21st at least), fond of pens, inks, paper and snail writing. I enjoy music (from Bach to Schoenberg, with Wim Mertens, Philip Glass and Steve Reich in the middle, not to mention ambient, chill, lounge and trip hop), reading (I have just finished "Maus : A Survivor's Tale : My Father Bleeds History/Here My Troubles Began" by Art Spiegelman, but my favorite authors are Amos Oz, Marguerite Yourcenar, Jorge Luis Borges and Paul Auster) and watching movies (kind of movieholic).

I am trying to improve my handwriting, and I discovered that my right hand loves broad stub nibs. I am picky with stamps and envelopes, but it is not always possible to get beautiful stamps and stationary where I live (Maceió).

I live with my friend and two beautiful spoiled black female cats, mother and daughter. Morgana, the mother, was rescued from a shelter. Mudinha, her daughter, lurked inside Morgana.

If you want to check the rest, click here.

Edited by acfrery

Ready to give the snail mail thing a go. Rather new at it, but willing if you are!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

I'd like to be involved.

Besides interests in fountain pens and inks, I've got scholarly pretensions in the following areas: Judaism, Jewish scribal arts, management of non-profit organizations, classic science fiction, politics, serious cooking, and classical music.

My family relocated to San Diego from Dallas about 2 years ago. My wife has a history of doing calligraphy (I hope to convice her to address the snail mail letters). My son is about 1 month shy of 16 and I dread the inevitable learn to drive and "Dad, can I borrow the car."

I'm 6 weeks away from turning 50 and I've been obesessing about it for a year! This FP thing is probably my reaction to ageing (maybe I'll get some pens older than I am).

There is a bit more info about me and my history on my blog. Torrey View WARNING: It doesn't get updated terribly often!

I've atrocious normal handwriting but I'm committed to slowing down and becoming legible if I actually have to write a letter to someone. :eureka:

Now that Christmas is just about over I can wish all of you a very happy Hanukah!

Andy in Sunny Sandy Ego!

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

I originally posted in this topic here when I first joined the forum. With 2006 rapidly approaching I thought it seemed a good time to post that I'm still interested in new penpals and would love to hear from anyone who would like to exchange letters.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in!

Um, let's see - I like fountain pens and inks (obviously), silly funny things, light-hearted uplifting letters (to send and receive), stationery (Crane's!), and ... well, anything happy!

Have you guys/gals ever polished your leather shoes? I did this for the first time EVER last week, and I'm so agog over the amazing results - my scuffed up dansko strappy shoes look brand new! I'm uber-excited. *laugh* Talk about instant gratification for so little effort!

Are you interested in snailing? 
er, yes.
What pens do you own, inks, preferred papers?
lessee, recently acquired some pelikans (m150, m215), a filcao milady, and a vanishing point. all with cursive italic or stub nibs. I prefer happy colors - like pink, turqoise, and purple, but I try lots of others, and will likely inflict this on all those who receive letters from me - so be forewarned that color changes happen at warp speed. ;) and I'm still in search of the perfect paper...
What are 3 interesting things about you that no one here could know.
1. I can push the caramel layer off of a Twix bar, in one continuous layer, without directly touching it (I use the wrapper) - so that someone else can eat it. I only like the cookie part. 2. I have a 2 year-old son, and was a professor of stats at Duke prior to starting medical school - but I swear I'm not stuffy or boring or weird! Well, maybe a little silly... I just took a round-about way of finding what I want to do with my life! Promise!. 3. I can hang a spoon off my nose. :D
What is your favorite color?
um... pink? or maybe a really bright orange? or maybe red... Edited by heidi

I'm in!

Um, let's see - I like fountain pens and inks (obviously), silly funny things, light-hearted uplifting letters (to send and receive), stationery (Crane's!), and ... well, anything happy!

Have you guys/gals ever polished your leather shoes? I did this for the first time EVER last week, and I'm so agog over the amazing results - my scuffed up dansko strappy shoes look brand new! I'm uber-excited. *laugh* Talk about instant gratification for so little effort!

Periodically I throughly brush off and clean and re-waterproof my favorite pair of leather Asolo hiking boots and replace the laces. I really enjoy that exercise. It's like treating an old friend who has treated me well. :)

J

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in, but sometimes my replies can take a while.

I'm 25,female and Dutch.

I like computers, TV series ( I watch quite a LOT...no Sci-Fi though),reading/ audiobooks and photography. I play the piano (a lot) and the guitar (a little), and sometimes loudly sing along :D. I like languages and most people think I'm a bit of a geek. I like a good sense of humor with a sarcastic edge ( do you know House:)??).

Music : pop/rock combined with a great voice , with an accoustic touch..(I very much like Beth Hart/Acda en de Munnik/Five for fighting/Train/ JW Roy.. and lots more.)

Used to love travelling and play a lot of sports, but got cfids in jan 2001 so none since.

I studied medicine 2000-2001( can someone se ethe irony there ;0) )and now I study at the OU, hope to be a criminologist someday.

I like to snail about all sorts of things, life, books, movies, not just pen stuff ;), I'm not that into politics or religion.

Edited by corienb

Hello, FPN members! I'm now looking forward to exchanging short (yes, I can do short :rolleyes: ) letters with you by snail. I'm in my late 30's and proud to have some gray in my beard.

(Edit: removed a verbose list of topic suggestions)

Edited by Goodwhiskers

• 2 weeks later...

Time to add my name to the list...

I am Tom Mullane and live in Hagerstown, MD...

Originally from NYC... talk about culture shock when I moved to Western MD Cow Country... :o :o

Aside from now collecting pens (primarily Sheaffer TD and Snorkel), I also make ballpoint, rollerball and fountain pens from exotic woods and other materials.

In fact that is how I got back into the fountain pen craze...

My other interests were archery, firearms, hunting and fly fishing until I herniated 3 disks in my back... so I don't get to do much of that anymore.

My primary interest in life is my wife and 7 yr old daughter. I'm 57, tell me I ain't crazy having my first child when I was 50. They are my life and my daughter has gotten the FP bug with me.

SO, if you don't mind short to medium messages that will most likely tell you all about what my daughter is doing in school, etal, along with the normal day to day boredom of being a stay at home dad... let's exchange messages.... and don't be surprised if some of the message is written in a 7 yr old hand... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm kinda new to the site, but if you guys are still doing this I sure would like to join. I would like to have someone to correspond with other than my grandmother. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but I can only hear about how cold it is in Nebraska so many times.

Hi

My name is BMWRT and I am a recovering.... no wait that is another forum :D :D

Seriously, I am new to the world of fountain pens. I have only started using them exclusively about 6 months ago. I am 45 years old and have been in the health care profession/education for the last 23 years.

I found out about the world of FP's from a post on another forum I am a member of www.shavemyface.com. I started that as a way to slow myself down in this hectic world of ours. I have a yearning for the times of our past. Some say I was born too late. I like the values of my parents, old black and white movies. You know the kind, the ones where they actually acted and had a plot or story instead of relying on sex and violence (visual) to hold ones attention.

I am a history buff, that is what I like to read about. I just finished Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago.

I ride a motorcycle (sport touring) as you can see in my avitar. And I own classic, antique now, muscle car.

I am trying to relearn the art of writing, which I have forgotten. And the thought of handwriting letters appeals to me as yet another way to slow down my journey through this fast paced world.

So if any one thinks alike and would like a pal to pen, shoot me an e-mail

• 3 weeks later...

I am ready, willing and able to continue with the snail mail. Send me an IM and let's get writting! The Ducati and the Conklin are eager to take to paper!

Angelo

• 3 weeks later...

My interests included in my profile are Astronomy, Microscopy, Woodworking, Cycling, Drawing and many others. I would like to correspond with others from this list.

Brad